1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Senior member

I'll keep any eye out in this thread for you to announce availability of wool trousers in a formal fabric, something like a 120 or therebaouts.

2. steveoly

steveoly Senior member

^PM sent.
    Regarding the shape of the collar, I snapped a couple of pictures comparing the two and you can see that the soft (striped) collar is shaped at a slightly different angle.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Both of the collars do measure out the same however. Two things that we tweaked quite a bit on the second order (striped shirt) were my neck drop and shoulder slope, so I think the difference in collar angle is a result of that tweaking rather than a miscue on Luxire's part. Regardless, I do like the spread of the soft striped collar more than the fused collar after all. I hope this helps.
    -Steve

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  3. MSchapiro

MSchapiro Senior member

Which fabric is that and how do you like it?

4. benjamin831

benjamin831 Senior member

If I provide exact shirt measurements on the Custom Measurements option, how does Fit Type affect it? Would it alter my measurements?

5. luxire

luxire Senior member Affiliate Vendor

No, it will not affect or alter the provided measurements.

The fit type is for people wanting to order a standard size.

6. europrep

europrep Senior member

Luxire, Is there a maximum on swatch orders? What is the current price per swatch? Would you consider counting the money spent on swatches as a credit towards future orders? For example, if I order 10 swatches for $10, you would extend a $10 credit toward a purchase of a shirt.

7. luxire

We are still streamlining the swatches process. Currently, they are priced at $1 each, plus shipping. No minimum or maximum. If ordered with another item, shipping of swatches is free.

No store credit is currently provided for ordered swatches.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  8. TehBunny

TehBunny Senior member

Hey Luxire; just wondering what your most popular fabrics are (top 3/5) and also do you have any brown horn buttons currently?

9. luxire

We do not have a ready "Best-Selling" list. Thank you for sending me on that search. Was a bit surprised to see what I saw. Below is the list of top 5. 3 whites and 2 blues.

1. Lustrous Fine White

2. Monti White on White Stripes

3. Warzone White Oxford

4. Classic Blue Oxford

5. Pale Blue Poplin 2/100

Got corozo in white, grey and black. No horn buttons yet. Should arrive in a couple of weeks though. Work in progress.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  10. TehBunny

TehBunny Senior member

White on white stripes; didn't expect that on the top 5 :) Also would you say that the 'Lustrous Fine White' is the best white for year round CBD wear? I currently own the Warzone White Oxford and find it too heavy for summer.

11. bik2101

bik2101 Senior member

for a casual look, should i go with button down collars or semi spread?

12. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

Button down. Button downs are IMO the right choice whenever you arent wearing a tie.

13. bik2101

bik2101 Senior member

okay cool, thanks.

14. Xtra

Xtra Senior member

I was thinking of ordering my first shirt from Luxire, and I mostly use casual shirts so I was thinking of getting, at least firsttly, a OCBD-shirt.

I'm of the impression that unfused collar/cuffs are preferred to fused cuffs/collar when it comes to casual shirts. Is this a correct starting point?

I should add that I would like for Luxire to make the collar somewhat like the Epaulet high-stance collar, if that's possible. I think I read about a member here who did this when ordering a shirt.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
  15. CruzAzul

CruzAzul Senior member

Not necessarily. Fused don't necessarily look stiff; they just look tidy. Unfused can sort of pull and wrinkle in unattractive ways. I like both but one isn't necessarily better.

I had Luxire make a custom larger collar for me where I specified the back height, point length, etc. and it came out great.

1 person likes this.
  16. TehBunny

TehBunny Senior member

While unfused and fused are usually a matter of preference when it comes to OCBD's always go unfused and partially or completely unlined for some awesome collar roll!

Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  17. VRaivio

VRaivio Senior member

I hadn't read this thread for several weeks, just scrolled through the latest posts. Luxire just keeps on delivering. You've added some very interesting categories and that dress shirt is more akin to an artwork than just something to be thrown on.

18. Outlet_cherry_picker

Outlet_cherry_picker Well-Known Member

It is possible to have the free shipping to Mexico, as you offer in your web site"]free shipping in all orders"

19. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

Anyone have a quilted jacket made up yet?

20. hookem12387

hookem12387 Senior member

Luxire,

What khaki chino material do yall have? Just what's on the site? I'm ok with spending $150 on chinos, but not until I'm a bit more dialed in on fit. Anything else available? Many thanks

Last edited: Jan 29, 2013