1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

So, if I'm reading this correctly, it might be a good idea to wait with ordering trousers until the issues are resolved?

1 person likes this.
  2. EFV

EFV Senior member Dubiously Honored

Yes, but only slightly. They still look pretty great imho. :)

I started looking through this thread and realised this was a common problem with many dress pants posted here. It will be more or less prominent due to build and posture of course. Pleats can probably have some effect on this as well.

You can see the difference if you lay dress pants and jeans out flat on the ground though. I mean, dress pants should still look a bit /\ (so you have some mobility), but less so than casual pants.

Less than optimal examples:

[​IMG]

vs.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 19, 2014
    4 people like this.
  3. luxire

luxire Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Shoes are still in trial. The last couple of pairs made are nearing the level of satisfaction that would give us comfort to ship them. We are close.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  4. zeBanker

zeBanker Senior member

Last edited: May 19, 2014
  5. luxire

6. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Glad to hear the shoes are getting better, hoping to see some pics of mine soon!

7. johanm

johanm Senior member

Exactly right, and this theory also explains much of the underarm bunching / excess fabric found on shirts.

8. althanis

althanis Senior member

Here is some criticism which I hope you will find constructive:

The shoes do not look that great. May I suggest only showing pictures when you have achieved the level of quality that you desire? Otherwise it just looks underwhelming.

The second pair looks especially inferior. Do you think it would be a good idea to perfect more traditional styles of shoes before venturing into the less traditional models?

9. luxire

These are test pairs that we continue making to refine the process. The images are posted as the enquiries are constant.

The real change we are seeing are on the inside. After being made, they are worn for a few days to test comfort, accuracy of last making process, weight, balance etc.

We will overwhelm you soon :)

1 person likes this.
  10. zeBanker

zeBanker Senior member

The gingham looks awesome! Would you mind to share it's order # for the collar. Maybe it has been mentioned here before, but it's one of the nicest BDs seen for a long time.

11. benjamin831

benjamin831 Senior member

I noticed that Luxire's ginghams are always made the wrong way round. The darker strips run horizontal as opposed to vertical. Do the customers realize this or is it a special request?

12. Turner

Turner Senior member

I always thought the Navy Oxford Gingham looks like a nice fabric, but the shirts are underwhelming. I couldn't put my fingers on it and thought the checks might be too big or the lighter checks might be too light, but I think your explanation is right. I guess we aren't accustomed to vertical lines in a (dress) shirt, opposed to a polo etc.

13. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

Is there anyway to prevent this on future orders?

14. Terpo

Terpo Senior member

The sleeves are bunching, they're a tad long. Otherwise pretty solid fit imo.

15. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

Salvatore Piccolo:

[​IMG]

16. benjamin831

Everybody else

Surely its a personal choice, but it seems vertical gingham is the unspoken default.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Terpo

Terpo Senior member

Hmm, they run vertical on my small blue gingham. Never thought about it before you mentioned it, though, tbh.

18. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

Same here:

[​IMG]

19. benjamin831

Yeah, its kind of a mixed bag. I was looking to have a gingham shirt done up recently so I've noticed some inconsistency with their product shots.

Just something to look out for if you cared. Maybe specify it in the details for your next order if you want to be sure of what you're getting.