Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. luxire

luxire Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

We have started with the current set of fabrics. More will be added in due course. Measurement guide here

2. luxire

Some construction details of pants. Thank you emptym.

3. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

emptyM - is there a little Ambrosi DNA in the luxire pants?

4. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

What are the fabrics in that photo? ^^

5. luxire

Classic pink oxford added, here

[​IMG]

6. luxire

The grey is here

Have not added the khaki to the site as it is a wool-poly blend hence am not sure if we would make that available.
    I wear a similar pant and it is very comfortable. Excellent for home wash and daily wear.

Trying to order similar in real wool, hopefully blended with silk instead.

7. YourArsenal

YourArsenal Well-Known Member

Do you do CMT with trousers? If so at what (base) price?

8. luxire

Yes. Currently $69.99

9. mp906

mp906 Senior member

Received my first shirt for x-mas, the Warzone Oxford. Material is what I would consider medium-heavy weight. Not especially soft by any means. Probably a more casual cloth for my use. All measurements appear accurate as ordered, except one. Both biceps measure a full 2" bigger than I ordered. I ordered 8.5" and they are 10.5." This makes the shirt just about un-usable as 10.5" is a huge bicep. I may have been partially to blame as I submitted 11.75 as my arm-hole measurement, which is about 2" too big. Maybe an 11.75 arm hole an 8.5 bicep is impossible to do so they just enlarged the armhole automatically? If so, an email about this would have been nice.

Other than that, the stitching and overall quality are quite good. I will probably adjust my measurements and give Luxire another shot. Need a softer, more luxurious fabric on my next order though.

[​IMG]

10. TehBunny

TehBunny Senior member

Empty-m; which of your pants would you say fit better; the ones based of boy measurements or the one based off an existing pair of pants?
    Feel like if I go body measurements the fit might be awkward because my thighs are huge :p

11. emptym

emptym Moderator Moderator

I didn't order any pants based on body measurements. As I mentioned earlier, I prefer not to use body measurements for online mtm unless you and the tailor have the same idea about how you want the garment to fit. One person's slim is another's tight, for example.

The first pair I ordered was based on measurements of pants I already owned, and the second order was based on a pair I sent in. I think they both fit well. But you can decide yourself by comparing the pictures I posted.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  12. TehBunny

TehBunny Senior member

Thanks Empty-m; was afraid to go body because of the shirt issues posted recently.

In other news I got my 2nd order from Luxire. It comprised of:
    linen/cotton blue gingham; it fit perfectly and I ordered a one-piece collar for summer (take that northern hemisphere) and the collar is outstanding!
    100% linen white; it fit perfect! Though makes me look like an Italian gangster in summer with the see through effect of the lightweight linen.

ARGHHHH my last shirt was a shirt jacket which I was most looking forward too. It had 3" or so added to the body (my fault you guys quoted with '2-3" should be fine but I'm a larger guy so opted for the larger....and it fit's like a tent (literally).

WiIll review thoroughly (with pics :p) them once I take the shirt jacket to the tailor. Hopefully they can fix this tent....

But as always nothing to fault with Luxire.

13. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

I thought Luxire had a fit guarantee on all their garments, why don't you return it to have it fixed?

14. TehBunny

TehBunny Senior member

But I think it's my own fault and not sure how to advise them on what to do without being face to face; but if they offer I'm still not sure what I would do...

15. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

Sure it's your own fault if you advised them to add too much fabric, but if you want to creat a personal pattern of yours with them, I think they are still interested.
    At least if you will be interested in purchasing similiar shirts in the future.