1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Nakedsnake

Nakedsnake Senior member

Placed an order for an pretty unique shirt on April 12th. I have been charged for it already, but I think that's only because I used PayPal. I'll keep the thread up to date with the timeline, as well as the finished product.

2. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

You have to pay for shipping if you're just ordering swatches, which makes it rather uneconomical.

However:
    Place "Additional Service" in your cart.
    Go to cart.
    Add list of swatches to "Notes" field.

3. Turner

Turner Senior member

Today the Linen: Pale Blue End-on-End and the Linen: Natural Ecru Heavy Vintage from the Linen-Discounts finally arrived.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

The shirt is awsome, the one-piece-collar is almost exactly like I wanted it.

[​IMG]

Just the curve at the transition from the viritual collar band to the points should have been like this (G. Inglese collar):

[​IMG]

The fabric is very nice - breathable, light but just enough substance so the skin tone doesn't show through. Fit is a bit loose than the other shirts becaus it's meant for summer, but I didn't wash or iron it yet. It's the first time I got the Premium MOP buttons, but in future orders I'll switch back to the thin standard buttons.

The trousers are really heavy, really slubby, but the feel is great. Unfortunately the waist and the legs are too big, Maybe my mistake or because I measured flat-front trousers with belt-loops but ordered one with pleats and Daks side adjusters. The waist shouldn't be a problem for my tailor, but I'm a bit hesitate for the legs since I went for button cuffs. Other and that I'm very pleased with this one.

Fit (straight out of the box)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
    6 people like this.
  4. clapeyron

clapeyron Senior member

is the one piece collar hidden button down? I'm thinking of getting one like this. Care to share your order#?

5. luxire

luxire Senior member Affiliate Vendor

For hidden button-down, we also offer the option of magnets. We will make a small pocket on the underside of the collar for the magnet. You can insert the magnet in it and attach another to the inside of the shirt body.

Magnets will be provided too, 4 for $10.

6. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

@Turner, that looks very nice! Would you mid adding your collar details to Timo's googledoc?

7. Turner

Turner Senior member

Exactly, order no. is 6300, medium unfused lining. The linens need some structure to roll nicely.

I've have those pockets, but for the conventional buttons. I like them better the the regular loops, even if they are a bit fiddly. Thank you for the great job at the collar!

[​IMG]

Sure, will do so over the easter holidays.

1 person likes this.
  8. Displacement

Displacement Senior member

That is a gorgeous collar, can't wait to steal it

TRMay - I have no idea how you develop the panache to pull off a wool onesie but I've got huge respect for you for nailing it. I can't even make an air tie look right and you make it look like the only correct answer.

Hope to see more of your posts in here

9. topos

topos Senior member

I recently had a harrington jacket made. In fact I am pretty certain the navy one on the mannequin in the picture on Luxire's harrington jacket page is my jacket (because it has the very dark brown horn buttons I asked for, and I can see a side adjuster poking out). I essentially modeled it after the Baracuta g4, including side adjusters on the lower back and the scalloped back vent (which had a gaping issue my tailor fixed with a few tacks). What you can't see in the picture on their website is the inside, where they did a really nice job keeping the fabric lined up so that the inside looks clean, so I thought I'd share a picture. I wanted inside pockets with buttons on both sides to keep things secure. I took a flier on this - it was all based off measurements of shirts they have made for me, body measurements, and an educated guess about the proper length, and it came out fitting really well.

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  10. username79

username79 Senior member

The waistband makes you look like you are wearing Depends. There is something very diaper like about it. Are you specifying that on purpose or does Luxire make disproportionally large waistbands without button loops?

11. kulata

kulata Senior member

The last one piece collar I made with Luxire looked exactly like the stuff they made for Turner which is nice but isn't really doing it for me, so I am going to send one of my Corneliani one piece to be copied.

[​IMG]

12. CruzAzul

CruzAzul Senior member

That is not their default waistband. I always go for their standard waistband and it is tastefully sized with traditionally placed belt loops.

People are specifically asking for the cummerbundy waistbands, drag-chute pleats and nipple-high rises that you occasionally see here. I know. Me neither.

2 people like this.
  13. ckg1985

ckg1985 New Member

My experience with Luxire

Long time reader, but wanted to post about my first order with Luxire. I ordered the Warzone Plus White Oxford Button-Down on April 7th and received the shirt today, April 17th. That's fast.

I am new to the MTM shirt game, but got sized and ordered a shirt from Proper Cloth a month or two ago. Great process and nice shirt, but at 95 plus tax & shipping, PC's shirts start to get expensive. Read about Luxire here on styleforum and thought I would give them a whirl.

General commentary on shirt, fabric, fit, etc.

I basically copied the PC fit details plus some minor tweaks and am very happy with the fit. In comparison to the fabric on a Kamakura OCBD I just bought, I would say the Warzone fabric isn't quite as soft (but probably more durable). That said, the Kamakura shirt has had the benefit of a couple washes, this shirt is obviously right out of the box.

Construction quality seems very good. Measurements are true to the order. Standard button down collar has a nice roll and is very similar to the Kamakura collar.

For reference, I bought the slim in the Kamakura and while the fit is OK, the armholes are a bit too small so there is some pulling "X" across the chest and into the shoulder. Better fit with the Luxire shirt.

At $69 bucks all in and 10 days from order to delivery, I am very happy with the final product. I look forward to ordering more shirts.

2 people like this.
  14. SirJamesWinston

SirJamesWinston Well-Known Member

Blue University Stripe Oxford ordered for shirt #4. Shirt #1: Classic Blue Oxford; #2 Classic Blue Oxford remake (heavier material than #1); Shirt #3 Sky Blue Oxford. Shirts 2-4 with Mercer roll. Will post pics at some point.

15. Turner

Turner Senior member

I was in a hurry and skipped the belt llop by accident:

[​IMG]

16. Xtra

Xtra Senior member

Looks good, which fabric is that?

17. Dingusberry

Dingusberry Senior member

Did you reference an order number to get the Mercer collar on your shirts or did you measure your own Mercer shirt?
    The Mercer collar is in the collar spreadsheet, but when you search the order number in this thread you'll find that the order number is actually for an Epaulet collar. My mistake for not doing research before I ordered the shirt, but I am fine with the collar cause the Epaulet collar is actually very nice.

18. kulata

kulata Senior member

Sorry didn't explain myself clearly. That's the shirt I will be copying, it's a corduroy fabric, I think Luxire has something close.

19. SirJamesWinston

SirJamesWinston Well-Known Member

1x Blue University Stripes Oxford for $79.99 each

- Neck: 15.25
    - Sleeve: 36.50
    - Fit: Custom
    - Collar: Button Down
    - Cuff: 1-Button
    - Back: Side Pleats
    - Pocket: No
    - Placket: Yes -

Custom_notes: Your custom style and fitting requirements:
    #3361 Mercer collar, with a soft lined, unfused collar band and 0.5 inch lower 2nd button (thus all buttons are 0.5 inch lower). 3.5 inch long collar points and 4 inch spread between. No collar gap.

- Chest: 21.00
    - Waist: 18.00
    - Bottom: 19.00
    - Yoke: 18.25
    - Biceps: 7.75
    - Armhole: 10.00
    - CuffSize: 7.50
    - Length: 31.00

1 person likes this.
  20. Xtra

Xtra Senior member

OK, thanks!