1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. DarkDestiny

DarkDestiny Senior member

It's not just you :(. Sad, I've been eyeing it for a while too waiting for my current orders to come in.

2. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

Looks like it, lucky I snuck in last week.

1 person likes this.
  3. Odd I/O

Odd I/O Senior member

Which two measurements did you increase to make such a dramatic change fit wise? Thigh and hem?

4. burghler

burghler Senior member

I typically swim in the pool at my gym in the evening and then hang in the bathroom to dry. They are just slightly damp the next morning. Part of that is probably due to poor air circulation in my bathroom but I haven't been able to test outside to be sure. I don't have pictures now but could probably post a couple on Monday if you'd like.

5. bbob2013

bbob2013 Senior member

6. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Shoe update - my shoes were supposed to ship last week, but I never got a shipping notification so I emailed Luxire to find out what was going on. They said that they were not happy with the quality of the shoes and they are remaking them from scratch. Should be shipping in about 2 weeks. I wish I didn't have to wait longer, but I do like the fact that Luxire recognized that the shoes did not meet their standards of quality and decided to remake them rather than send out a subpar product.

In other news, my copy of Epaulet's Rivet chino have shipped and should get to me by next Monday.

1 person likes this.
  7. easy_golfing

easy_golfing Senior member

8. TehBunny

TehBunny Senior member

Haha, completely understand the chambray increase; bought it in a shacket months ago and it is extremely nice. Probably just a lack of stock though.

2 people like this.
  9. bbob2013

bbob2013 Senior member

I am US and have yet to be held liable for any additional fees above what was included in my Luxire bill.

For what it's worth, I have had both DHL and FEDEX deliver my Luxire orders, and additional fees were never charged by either.

10. Nakedsnake

Nakedsnake Senior member

Sad about the Navy brembana, I was planning on having a shirt made up in it, but with the combo of the increase in that price, and the $25 flat rate Canadian shipping, the shirt just jumped from $100 to $175, which is a touch steeper than I originally wanted.

11. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

12. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

[​IMG]

:)

1 person likes this.
  13. Turner

Turner Senior member

+1

The Blue Denim Slubby Chambray is maybe worth looking at. It's a bit thinner than the Brembana, but texture is good. But I have to see a picture in natural light first, since my swatch seems to have a greenish-greyish hue, almost like the Brembana swatch, which is apparently not the case when you look at the shirts.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I wish Luxire would stock a slightly denser all-cotton version of the Cotton-Linen: Blue Chambray for fall/winter, since texture and color are exactly what I am looking for.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
  14. emptym

emptym Senior member Moderator

Better yet, request not to have pockets for collar stays so you can have the collar flipped when it frays.

15. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

Ha, good thought. But the fraying will occur around the edges and will therefore also be visible when flipped?

Edit: I knew I had a picture of a frayed (?) collar. It would work for this:

[​IMG]

So: good thought. :)

1 person likes this.
  16. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

So this is interesting... having arrived correctly in the UK yesterday, tracking suggests that my latest delivery now currently seems to be taking a detour through Cincinnatti in a grand global tour en route to me. Strange times, my friends, strange times! [​IMG]

I wonder where it'll actually end up. It's entertaining, if nothing else. [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  17. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Anyone order the blue seersucker dress stripes yet? Mine is on the way.

18. CosmeDaniel

CosmeDaniel Senior member

It was actually three measurements: half-hip; half-hip front; and thigh.

Submitted measurements were each increased by 0.25 inches.

19. benjamin831

benjamin831 Senior member

Does anybody know which fabric was used for this pair of pants?

[​IMG]

20. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

I ordered the swatch for the third time. I keep getting a different multi-colour seersucker. But this time, I'm sure they'll get it right. Hi @luxire. :)

Looking forward to seeing pics of your shirt, MrJ.