• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

agbassano

Reaction score

Remember to specify the button down collar, because the guy made three shirts for that order number. The collar is lovely as I used it for my shirt!
Anyone have the order number for the [COLOR=FF00AA]Barba BD[/COLOR] collar order?

jd13jd13

Reaction score
Hey Luxire, I've been emailing you for over a week now without a response, can I PM you an order number to sort this out?

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
I just wanted to give a quick review on the fabrics I have purchased over the past year. All the oxfords/chambray are in a casual BD style. The dress shirts are in a hidden button-down collar style. I work in an office environment where I wear shirts without a tie 90% of the time and like how this collar stands up instead of laying limp and flat with the top button undone.

1. Warzone White Oxford - very thick oxford, softer with washes but hard to keep wrinkle free
2. Pale Pink Oxford - nice hue of pink and nice oxford fabric. I don't wear it very often only due to a styling issue that I never specified and Luxire guessed incorrectly.
3. Sky Blue Oxford - I love this fabric and colour of blue. A go-to shirt in my closet.
4. Navy Denim Chambray - was darker than I anticipated. It has a very very slight sheen to it. I like this shirt a lot, and just hoping the sheen disappears after its been washed.

5. Lustrous Fine White - meh. Wrinkles easily and feel like I can do better than this as an everyday white dress shirt. It doesn't get much wear as a result.
6. Red Mini Gingham - nice looking fabric, does not wrinkle (or can't see the wrinkles)
7. Pink Graph Checks - Easy to wear with navy or grey trousers.
8. White with subtle navy grid - I like this fabric. It has some texture and stays wrinkle-free.
9. Sky Blue Poplin 120/2 - standard business blue. Issue is that it wrinkles way too easily. I feel like I need to iron it by lunch-time.
10. Summer Purple Micro Gingham - probably my worst shirt. It is the last shirt I reach for. Way too thin. I should have known better when it was called "Summer". My own fault.
11. Light Sky Tattersall Graph by Monti - I like the texture and look of the fabric, but it wrinkles fairly easily and the placket always seems to be wrinkled.
12. Blue University Stripes - Go-to striped blue dress shirt. I would have preferred if the blue was more pale, but a great shirt nonetheless.
13. Small Graph Blue Checks - strongly recommend. Looks sharp and wears well.
14. Sky Blue Hairline Stripes - I was searching for a standard blue dress shirt with some texture. It looks light blue until you are up very close to it. A hearty fabric.
15. Blue Hairline Stripes - I liked the Sky Blue Hairline Stripes enough to get the darker version.
16. Deep Red Gingham - a great looking shirt all around. I just received it and have not worn it at the office.
17. Pale Blue Poplin 100/2 - Mistake. I was trying to find a pale blue and thought I was duped when I compared the fabric to the Sky Blue Poplin I own. They look identical in most light. They are ever so different (I think). I basically have two of the same shirts now, which isn't so bad that it is a basic blue. Wishing I would have splurged for the 140/2 Pale Blue instead.

Shirts on the short list for future orders - Traditional Cream and Tan Checks, Pale Blue Dress Stripes, Green Small Gingham, Blue Shadow Gingham

Last edited:

burnso

Reaction score
Luxire, what's happened to your $250 wool for peacoats (navy, black and grey)?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Luxire, what's happened to your $250 wool for peacoats (navy, black and grey)?

These cloths are being remade in 100% wool in a manner that they be more suitable for peacoats.

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I just wanted to give a quick review on the fabrics I have purchased over the past year. All the oxfords/chambray are in a casual BD style. The dress shirts are in a hidden button-down collar style. I work in an office environment where I wear shirts without a tie 90% of the time and like how this collar stands up instead of laying limp and flat with the top button undone. 1. Warzone White Oxford - very thick oxford, softer with washes but hard to keep wrinkle free 2. Pale Pink Oxford - nice hue of pink and nice oxford fabric. I don't wear it very often only due to a styling issue that I never specified and Luxire guessed incorrectly. 3. Sky Blue Oxford - I love this fabric and colour of blue. A go-to shirt in my closet. 4. Navy Denim Chambray - was darker than I anticipated. It has a very very slight sheen to it. I like this shirt a lot, and just hoping the sheen disappears after its been washed. 5. Lustrous Fine White - meh. Wrinkles easily and feel like I can do better than this as an everyday white dress shirt. It doesn't get much wear as a result. 6. Red Mini Gingham - nice looking fabric, does not wrinkle (or can't see the wrinkles) 7. Pink Graph Checks - Easy to wear with navy or grey trousers. 8. White with subtle navy grid - I like this fabric. It has some texture and stays wrinkle-free. 9. Sky Blue Poplin 120/2 - standard business blue. Issue is that it wrinkles way too easily. I feel like I need to iron it by lunch-time. 10. Summer Purple Micro Gingham - probably my worst shirt. It is the last shirt I reach for. Way too thin. I should have known better when it was called "Summer". My own fault. 11. Light Sky Tattersall Graph by Monti - I like the texture and look of the fabric, but it wrinkles fairly easily and the placket always seems to be wrinkled. 12. Blue University Stripes - Go-to striped blue dress shirt. I would have preferred if the blue was more pale, but a great shirt nonetheless. 13. Small Graph Blue Checks - strongly recommend. Looks sharp and wears well. 14. Sky Blue Hairline Stripes - I was searching for a standard blue dress shirt with some texture. It looks light blue until you are up very close to it. A hearty fabric. 15. Blue Hairline Stripes - I liked the Sky Blue Hairline Stripes enough to get the darker version. 16. Deep Red Gingham - a great looking shirt all around. I just received it and have not worn it at the office. 17. Pale Blue Poplin 100/2 - Mistake. I was trying to find a pale blue and thought I was duped when I compared the fabric to the Sky Blue Poplin I own. They look identical in most light. They are ever so different (I think). I basically have two of the same shirts now, which isn't so bad that it is a basic blue. Wishing I would have splurged for the 140/2 Pale Blue instead. Shirts on the short list for future orders - Traditional Cream and Tan Checks, Pale Blue Dress Stripes, Green Small Gingham, Blue Shadow Gingham
Thanks for the detailed description! Do you have a picture of the hidden button down collar?

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I just wanted to give a quick review on the fabrics I have purchased over the past year. All the oxfords/chambray are in a casual BD style. The dress shirts are in a hidden button-down collar style. I work in an office environment where I wear shirts without a tie 90% of the time and like how this collar stands up instead of laying limp and flat with the top button undone. 1. Warzone White Oxford - very thick oxford, softer with washes but hard to keep wrinkle free 2. Pale Pink Oxford - nice hue of pink and nice oxford fabric. I don't wear it very often only due to a styling issue that I never specified and Luxire guessed incorrectly. 3. Sky Blue Oxford - I love this fabric and colour of blue. A go-to shirt in my closet. 4. Navy Denim Chambray - was darker than I anticipated. It has a very very slight sheen to it. I like this shirt a lot, and just hoping the sheen disappears after its been washed. 5. Lustrous Fine White - meh. Wrinkles easily and feel like I can do better than this as an everyday white dress shirt. It doesn't get much wear as a result. 6. Red Mini Gingham - nice looking fabric, does not wrinkle (or can't see the wrinkles) 7. Pink Graph Checks - Easy to wear with navy or grey trousers. 8. White with subtle navy grid - I like this fabric. It has some texture and stays wrinkle-free. 9. Sky Blue Poplin 120/2 - standard business blue. Issue is that it wrinkles way too easily. I feel like I need to iron it by lunch-time. 10. Summer Purple Micro Gingham - probably my worst shirt. It is the last shirt I reach for. Way too thin. I should have known better when it was called "Summer". My own fault. 11. Light Sky Tattersall Graph by Monti - I like the texture and look of the fabric, but it wrinkles fairly easily and the placket always seems to be wrinkled. 12. Blue University Stripes - Go-to striped blue dress shirt. I would have preferred if the blue was more pale, but a great shirt nonetheless. 13. Small Graph Blue Checks - strongly recommend. Looks sharp and wears well. 14. Sky Blue Hairline Stripes - I was searching for a standard blue dress shirt with some texture. It looks light blue until you are up very close to it. A hearty fabric. 15. Blue Hairline Stripes - I liked the Sky Blue Hairline Stripes enough to get the darker version. 16. Deep Red Gingham - a great looking shirt all around. I just received it and have not worn it at the office. 17. Pale Blue Poplin 100/2 - Mistake. I was trying to find a pale blue and thought I was duped when I compared the fabric to the Sky Blue Poplin I own. They look identical in most light. They are ever so different (I think). I basically have two of the same shirts now, which isn't so bad that it is a basic blue. Wishing I would have splurged for the 140/2 Pale Blue instead. Shirts on the short list for future orders - Traditional Cream and Tan Checks, Pale Blue Dress Stripes, Green Small Gingham, Blue Shadow Gingham
Thanks for the details!

GasparddeColigny

Reaction score
A short review of my order; #5211, a shirt in White Sky Graph Checks.

I've had decent experiences with Modern Tailor but wanted to try Luxire too.

The fabric is nice, it's a soft, not too thin cloth that irons well, the stitching is precise and consistent.
The semi spread collar is high, 2", about 0,5"taller than most of my other shirts.
There are issues with the sizing, even after 3 washings most measurements still turn out 1/4 to 1/2" too big, especially noticable on neck, cuffs and sleeve length. The armhole and back yoke are spot on, no measurement turned out too small. I get the sense Luxire uses a fair bit of margin, perhaps on purpose.
The bicep measurement from my Modern Tailor shirts translated badly to the Luxire shirt, the sleeves ended up almost comically roomy, a full inch wider than my Modern Tailor shirts.

After all is said and done I'm left wondering how to interpret the success of my purchase. Of course I myself will have to adjust to the measuring system used by Luxire, on the other hand I have questions about Luxire's consistency in using the measurements I provided.

burghler

Reaction score
I just wanted to post a review of the Luxire duffle coat. Mine is pictured on their website here http://luxire.com/collections/home/products/wool-duffle-coat. The fabric is great. It almost reminds me of Donegal wool with speckling throughout. The quilted liner is nice and warm and together with the outer fabric makes the coat comfortable in cold weather (I was warm in temperatures down to 10F). The horn toggles, leather pieces, and overall construction seem excellent to me though I wouldn't claim to be an expert in this area.

I based the measurements off of a raincoat that I had previously ordered (also through Luxire) that can be seen here http://www.styleforum.net/t/304965/...g-official-affiliate-thread/5805#post_6689550. Most of the measurements were kept the same except for cuff width and coat length. In hindsight, I would add a little more allowance to the shoulders and a little more width to the upper sleeves to compensate for the increase in fabric thickness, but Luxire executed the measurements I supplied perfectly.

The only improvements I would suggest in future iterations deal with the hood. It could be made deeper. As of now it is slightly awkward to use with the hood up (which ultimately isn't a problem for me as I rarely wear it up). It could also be made a little stiffer to better stand up when not in use. Neither is a deal breaker by any means but small improvements that could be made. All in all, the coat is great and I'd highly recommend ordering one if you like the style.

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the review burghler, interesting to see and hear how the coats are turning out, looking forward to getting a peacoat made up for the winter. Your duffle coat looks good. Based off your raincoat looks like Luxire could probably do a similar trench design to the burberry style trenchs which would be interesting.

johanm

Reaction score

Happy New Year!

Luxire - could you expand on your sportcoat/suit replication process:

Has anyone sent a canvassed sportcoat or suit jacket in to be replicated? I'm considering sending a bespoke jacket to get duped out for a variety of tweed, corduroy, and linen sportcoats. The value proposition is highly intriguing. I'm just a little curious about what level of quality to expect - don't want to have unrealistic expectations and get disappointed. Are they going to nail every detail of front/back balance, curve of quarters, pocket/dart placement, shoulder construction, arm taper, etc? Or is this bound to be a $5-600 mistake?

In addition to these questions, could you describe your approach to dealing with issues. E.g., if a jacket you makes hangs differently from the jacket sent in to be replicated (or if there are shoulder divots, etc.), would you guys be willing to correct it?

clapeyron

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm thinking of ordering a pair of jeans. Usually when I buy raw denim, the fabric loosens over time, when I contacted Luxire, however I was being told that I would have to account for the fabric to shrink slightly when providing measurements.

Those of you who have ordered jeans what are your experiences?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads