1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

To the person who asked about shipping via Indian post, I've had one shirt ship via India Post, and it took around1.5 month with no tracking.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
  2. MacGuffen

MacGuffen Senior member

@Luxire, will any orders placed before, but fulfilled and sent after the change be sent with the old or new arrangement? It seems to me that it would be a good idea to order now before the changes set in?

I've never been hit with any duties to Norway, which has been an absolute HUGE selling point for me. There's a 25 % tax here, ouch!

3. terra firma

terra firma Senior member

Any noticeable shrinkage after washing?

4. Terpo

Terpo Senior member

I've sent two packages to India via DHL, none of which made it to Luxire successfully. The packages were handed to Idian post and were lost (or are still stuck in some warehouse for weeks for no reason). Had to file claims to get the parcels hunted down (Indian post has a period of 8 weeks to respond to such requests). Absolute nightmare. I am so glad it only takes two days for a package to ship from India via DHL or Fedex, and never had problems with customs either. Hope the old option of free shipping above $100 remains.

5. Turner

Turner Senior member

You Swiss customs are a league of their own. I remember having a shipment of cigars from Hong Kong to Switzerland (to avoid German customs), split into three consecutive packages. Each one was snagged by the Swiss and was hit with your 50 SFR processing fee. The VAT and customs itself was marginally, but the fee hurt. In several cases, a Swiss friend was threatend by enormous custom bills, because the agents read the tobacco declarations in "grams" as "kilograms".

6. ClaphamJ

ClaphamJ Member

My question seemed to be missed with all the talk of customs (which is terrible in the UK, VAT + handling charge + random VAT percentage with value of postage included + three day delay), but what is the pricing for overcoats and suits? Twice the listed fabric price?

7. ClaphamJ

ClaphamJ Member

8. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

1 person likes this.
  9. Patrick R

Patrick R Senior member

Nothing notable.

10. burghler

burghler Senior member

It depends on the length and type of overcoat and the specific fabric. Ask Luxire.

11. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

New cutaway collar from my most recent order. Similar to NOBD I, but with a little less curve, it's more of a straight cutaway:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

Can somebody comment on Brooks Brothers vs. Luxire. I typically buy BB shirts for about $50 and another $20 for tapering. For $70, how does Luxire compare to BB in terms of quality. BB uses 80/2 ply supima cotton for its standard dress shirts.

13. easy_golfing

easy_golfing Senior member

What are these new customs to the US??

14. 02///M3

02///M3 Senior member

Can you still attach pictures with an order? I'm trying to place a shirt order now and I can't find the right page to attach a picture of my last shirt with the order.

15. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

I just reply to the email confirmation and attach my pictures there. I think there's a spot to attach one picture through the online order form, but I usually have more than one picture to send.

16. Dingusberry

Dingusberry Senior member

Create an imgur link (or album) and post it in the comments section together with your details.

17. MGoCrimson

MGoCrimson Senior member

Any plans to restock the first "Blue Gingham" fabric you guys carried? I believe it's the same fabric that these squares are made from

18. 02///M3

02///M3 Senior member

Thanks Beatlegeuse and Dingusberry. Good advice. Maybe it's only on the pants you can just attach a pic.

19. Sartorial Scum

Sartorial Scum Senior member

Under two weeks and my graphite green cotton chinos are on their way. Brilliant