• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Table21 - they should definitely remake that shirt for you if the armhole was supposed to be 10" an came out as 9.25". Three quarters of an inch is a pretty drastic difference for that measurement, especially if the 10" shirts were already a nice snug fit.

Xtra

Reaction score
My shirts are here. Nailed the fit in the first attempt. Very pleased with the whole experience

Would you say Luxire's picture is accurate in terms of shade of blue? (picture from Luxires page for the 2/100 pale blue poplin/luxire.com)

table21

Reaction score
Ok, I will try shooting an email off to them. Here is what seems to be at least one of the problems.

The white shirt is from my last order, the other two are from my new order.

Last edited:

Terpo

Reaction score
Would you say Luxire's picture is accurate in terms of shade of blue? (picture from Luxires page for the 2/100 pale blue poplin/luxire.com)

Yes, pretty accurate. Got my last shirt in that fabric.

PiCcolocV

Reaction score
My shirts are here. Nailed the fit in the first attempt. Very pleased with the whole experience

Let us know how the pale blue poplin wears - I found it very "delicate" for lack of a better word, absorbing stains easily, discoloration, etc., compared to my other luxire shirts. I actually contacted them about an alternative in that exact same color since I thought the color itself was perfect, just wasn't happy with the fabric.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I sent this pic to them by PM. They said

"The shirt in the image seems to have 3.5" points and 1.75" band height. The shave is similar to our Italian, except a little more tie space".

I order 3.5" points and 1.5" band height since I feel uncomfortable in a high band height.

Thanks, aj_d--those are some great looking collars. Thinking I may try their Italian collar based on that.

Is the Italian collar some kind of custom collar? I can't seem to find that one amongst the available selections on Luxire website, only the "English Spread"...

Last edited:

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
Luxire,

Can you send fabric swatches of Dugdale pant fabrics? Howabout Minnis Flannel? Hunt Winterbotham?

joewmoss

Reaction score

Yes, i have that shirt and that pic looks accurate

Xtra

Reaction score
Yes, pretty accurate. Got my last shirt in that fabric.

Thanks!

Yes, i have that shirt and that pic looks accurate

Thanks!

Let us know how the pale blue poplin wears - I found it very "delicate" for lack of a better word, absorbing stains easily, discoloration, etc., compared to my other luxire shirts. I actually contacted them about an alternative in that exact same color since I thought the color itself was perfect, just wasn't happy with the fabric.

Interesting to know! I was thinking of getting as my go-to pale blue dress shirt. Anyone know of other nice options by Luxire?

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
Interesting to know! I was thinking of getting as my go-to pale blue dress shirt. Anyone know of other nice options by Luxire?

I was trying to look for other alternatives to the poplin as well. I have the Blue Poplin. The poplin fabric is alright, but do agree with it being on the delicate side. It also wrinkles fairly easy. With that being said, I would have no reservations ordering the Pale Blue Poplin if I can't find an alternative.

Thrifter

Reaction score
Canadian here reporting a duty charge. I ordered a shirt and a pair of pants and received them a couple of weeks ago. Today I received a letter from FedEx with charges as follows:

Customs Duty: $3.56
Canada HST: $3.18
Advancement Fee: $10.00
HST on ADV/Ancillary Service Fees: $1.30
TOTAL: $18.04

These shipping companies sure have a lot of nerve to charge $10+tax fee on $7 of duty and taxes, but I suppose as a Canadian I should be used to it by now.

Luxire, it would be nice if you could offer Canadians a free shipping option that comes to us via Canada Post instead of a private shipping cartel.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Canadian here reporting a duty charge. I ordered a shirt and a pair of pants and received them a couple of weeks ago. Today I received a letter from FedEx with charges as follows:

These shipping companies sure have a lot of nerve to charge $10+tax fee on $7 of duty and taxes, but I suppose as a Canadian I should be used to it by now.

Luxire, it would be nice if you could offer Canadians a free shipping option that comes to us via Canada Post instead of a private shipping cartel.

I agree with this. I ordered a shirt from Luxire but thankfully there was no charge from Fedex

Nakedsnake

Reaction score

I have no experience with Luxire in particular, but if maybe if you order the two items separately, they would have lower values on them, and perhaps they wouldn't get flagged by customs at all. I've had good luck with things that are under $100 in the past. When its over $100, it gets worse. But other than that, I completely agree with you, $10 fee on a $7 tax is absurd.

burnso

Reaction score
Just received my third Luxire order today.
Sizing and quality once again is fantastic, and am extremely happy especially with the linen.

- Blue end-on-end linen
- Lustrous Fine white

No change to the pattern: ordered Nov 6th, shipped Nov 16th, arrived Nov 21st.

Thought I might add a few pics, side by side with the Blue chambray linen and the Blue White pencil stripes linen/ cotton...
Highly recommend all these materials, especially the linens.

Don't know how you all take such good pics, but perhaps these average ones help someone.

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got to try on my first "test" shirt today (ordered Nov. 4). I'll pull out the tape later tonight and confirm the measurements, but the fit is great. The construction is well done. I expected to hate the buttons (too thick) and I do. I was surprised by how thin the cloth is (sky blue oxford) compared to my standard BB supima oxford cloth, but it is good material and the shirt is a winner. I'll live with the shirt for a bit, wash it a few times, and make sure I don't have adjustments. Then it is time to order a boatload of shirts.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads