1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. luxire

luxire Senior member Affiliate Vendor

3 people like this.
  2. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

Wow, 7 day turnaround for trousers. Way to go Luxire!

1 person likes this.
  3. MattR

MattR Senior member

WOW, that is stunning. :slayer:

4. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Senior member

Any word on the when the new website is going up Luxire? Not sure why but im pumped for you to finally get a new site!

Did you make any Navy or camel coloured overcoats you have pics of?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  5. luxire

luxire Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Should be live in March, may be even end of this month. Will hopefully give freedom from notes, without taking away your right to individuality.

Navy is in the works, should be ready in 3-4 weeks. A charcoal grey in our 30 Oz cloth will be ready next week. That is something substantial.

6. liamdye

liamdye Member

I just ordered my first Luxire shirt based off a lot of the advice and reviews in this forum. Because I didn't know how well it would fit I paid $35 for a "fitting trial shirt".

One thing that I have found that I didn't like was the collar. Below I have a few photos of the shirt against an ETON shirt that I own. The collar doesn't feel as firm as other shirts that I have owned. Is this because I ordered an unfused collar? The picture below shows how easy it is for me to fold the fabric while the ETON stays stiff.

[​IMG]

Furthermore, the picture below shows the ETON collar very flat while the edge of the Luxire shirt has little "dimples". Ultimately my goal is to have a collar like my ETON shirt. I am thinking this must mean that I should go with a fused collar. Any help would be appreciated!

[​IMG]

7. johanm

johanm Senior member

It has nothing to do with fused vs. unfused, rather it's an interlining weight issue. I have dozens of bespoke shirts with unfused collars and none of them bend and wrinkle like the one in your picture. I've tried to fix the issue in my currently pending order, by sending an existing shirt and requesting interlining of a similar weight.

8. prozach1576

prozach1576 Senior member

I am also curious about this.

9. kulata

kulata Senior member

Fused interlining vs canvas interlining vs no interlining

When I want a soft but firm collar, I ask for a canvas interlining and if I want it firm then I use the default fused collar.

10. scrolls

scrolls Senior member

Coat looks awesome, mind telling us the price?

Just received a pair of pants and a shirt yesterday. 11 days from placing order to being on my doorstep. Decided to branch out on my pant colors a bit and got the maroon twill and holy shit is this color awesome. Liked the swatch but wasn't completely sold, glad I pulled the trigger though as I love the pants even more than the swatch. Will be a great pair to spice up my grey and navy pant collection.

11. chuckb

chuckb Senior member

When I ordered my corduroy sportcoat (which is a $150 fabric for pants) I paid $400. This was back in the fall. I was also quoted $650 for a full suit in dugdale new fine worsted (which is $180 for pants).
    I'm unfortunately still waiting back on a response from Luxire about my questions for my next order (ordering a navy suit to get married in), and it's been three weeks (including a follow-up email I sent)...

12. europrep

europrep Senior member

Pics are always helpful for the rest of us

13. Spurious

Spurious Senior member

Yeah pics please!

14. scrolls

scrolls Senior member

Not going to be home much over the next several days but I'll try and snap a quick pic when I am.

15. timotune

timotune Senior member

shirt orders are, again, insanely fast for me.
    under 7 days all-in tournaroundtime :slayer:

16. ammanati

ammanati Senior member

Have you ordered shirts in the same measurements as previously only different fabric?

17. timotune

timotune Senior member

no. slightly different measurements, other (custom) collar & other fabric.

18. ammanati

ammanati Senior member

That is incredibly fast then, 7 days and you got it delivered? Oh boy..[​IMG] Luxire

19. althanis

althanis Senior member

About going without your favourite jacket for 2 months while they make the new one - I think you can ask to have your original jacket returned while they make the new one. Might be out of your fave jacket a month or so I guess?

20. prozach1576

prozach1576 Senior member

The thing to do would be to order a shirt as well and have the jacket-to-be-copied shipped back with the shirt.