1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

Looks good; actually fairly similar to my own custom collar, except fine has a lower collar band height IIRC. I find this kind of collar shape/size fits nicely under jackets and despite lack of tie space, the spread itself is enough to allow a tie to sit comfortably.

2. fridayfrenzy

fridayfrenzy Senior member

1 person likes this.
  3. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

Looks pretty close to me... Would have to see a closer comparison to really know.

It's exactly what I was looking for, so I'm quite happy. Nice fabric, too.

4. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

The stripes on Betelguese's shirt are obviously wider than on yours.

5. Patrick R

Patrick R Senior member

The contrast is stronger in Betelguese's photo. That's the difference. The rest is an optical illusion.

6. AceBoogie

AceBoogie Senior member

If I wanted to decrease the inseam of pants by .5 and increase rise by 2, I would simply do the minus .5 for inseam, increase 2 for pants length and rise right?

7. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

^ 2 inches or 2 cm? 2 inches difference in rise would be a very drastic change. If you want to increase rise and decrease inseam, just say increase rise and decrease inseam. don't think you would even have to mention overall length, unless you wanted to throw that in there as an extra fail safe to make sure every measurement was accounted for. Actually, if you are increasing rise by 2 and decreasing inseam by .5, wouldn't that translate to roughly a 1.5 increase in overall pant length instead of 2?

8. fridayfrenzy

Look at the number of stripes on collar.

9. Patrick R

Patrick R Senior member

That was the first thing I looked at. :nodding:

10. fridayfrenzy

Well, I hope you are right.

Either way, it will be a useful dress shirt.

11. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

To me it looks the same. [​IMG]

Would you mind sharing the details of the collar in an image? Something like this

[​IMG]

12. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  13. Xtra

Xtra Senior member

Have any of you guys, who own the Luxire selvedge jeans, washed them?

I managed to spill redwine on them on friday. No visible marks, but the smell is not so nice.. :p

Instructions on the site say: machine wash cold, tumble dry. I haven't got a tumble drier so I'm thinking washing it on a cold cycle and hanging it over a clothes horse (seriously strange word...) until dry.

Additionally would you recommend turning it inside out for the washing?

14. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

Air drying is always the gentlest of ways of drying your clothes, isn't it?
    I turn inside out every garment I wash, as I think it will preserve the front facings of my clothes from the fricition it is exposed to in the washing drum.

15. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

What, you don't have a SoftCare drum, Louis? :)

16. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

Well, our Miele washing maschine is a front loader and does have a softcare drum, still I better am safe than sorry.
    I guess it's part of my German nature, which in this case you happily do no share? :embar:

Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
  17. clapeyron

clapeyron Senior member

1 person likes this.
  18. hoodog

hoodog Senior member

Hey Clapey. I am thinking of trying out your collar for my next order. Two questions: how do you think it would manage with just one button on the collar band? I am not really fond of the two button thing. Also, how do you think the collar would look if modified into a BD? I personally am very fond of the Italian style of BD with higher collar band and points, and your collar might be a good starting point...

19. hoodog

hoodog Senior member

Guys, I recently received a shirt with what I suppose is the "Barba BD collar". However, I feel a bit unsure, and I suspect that I might have gotten the stock Luxire BD collar. Could someone who has the Barba collar please post (or maybe update the collar spreadsheet) the back and front collar band height and point lengths so that I can make sure which collar I actually ended up with?

Many thanks! It is much appreciated.

20. hoodog

hoodog Senior member

Nice! I was one of the people asking for more info about this collar. Could you please update the spreadsheet with measurements (collar band and point lengths)?

You can find the spreadsheet here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...9ScVo3VkNlR2JRSU5tTFFOMlE&usp=drive_web#gid=0