1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Any hope for some blue/brown/white mixed linen(/cotton)? Houndstooth pattern maybe?

2. Spurious

Spurious Senior member

Thank you, I do have a very prominent seat - as you put it.
    I talked to Luxire, they recommended raising the back panel and moving fabric from the side of the hips to the back.

3. luxire

luxire Senior member Affiliate Vendor

We made a leather jacket. Full grain calf leather, vegetable tanned, custom processed for Luxire.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6 people like this.
  4. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

Theresa, is it possible to tell us which fabrics have a natural finish and which have been treated with, for example, resins?

5. atoms

atoms Senior member

Louis, this is the best I can do. Posting it here in case anyone else was interested in these two fabrics. Photo was taken using natural lighting but indoors right next to a big window (will have a blue cast to it all). Hey, it's cold and snowy out there!

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

You are my personal hero, thank you so much! :slayer:
    Good catch on your girl and pooch. :)

Now if only Luxire would add a chino fabric similiar in color to your JCrew chino...

7. luxire

luxire Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Resins? Wow! I know the Waterproof fabrics are quoted with something. All other fabrics are "normal". I wonder from where these originate. Not come across any so far.
    I think there a quite a few. No plans of creating an alternate to a paint shop shade card.

8. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

Well, I had a conversation with a bespoke shirtmaker today, and he told me about fabrics being finished with resins.
    According to him a lot of people react very sensitive to those.
    Shirtmaven too hinted at it for no less than an Acorn fabric:
    http://www.styleforum.net/t/181380/shirting-fabric-is-acorn-still-the-best-bet/0_100#post_6545469
    Never had a problem with your shirts, just wanted to ask to make sure.

As for a chino fabric in a light shade of khaki, I have swatches of your
    "Ecru Twill Chino"
    "Khaki Twill Chino"
    "Light Tan Twill Chino"
    "Dark Cream Soft Chino"
    "Beige Cream Twill Chinos"
    as well as a pair of your "Cream Twill Chino".

Sadly none of them comes close to a pair of Incotex pants I've got, the pair of Epaulet Rivet Chinos in Clay I have posted several times before, or the JCrew chino atoms has posted.
    A shade like that is a chino classic to me, easily to dress up with a navy sportscoat or dress down with an untucked OCBD.
    All of the swatches are either too close to a true white or noticeably too brown in color.
    I would love to see you add something in between.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  9. WorldWideWafflz

WorldWideWafflz Senior member

I'm hardly an expert but I'm pretty certain those "resins" refer to the resinous treatments used to make non iron fabrics. If you avoid non iron you should be more or less clear. Plenty of fabrics are treated but non iron fabrics contain formaldehyde which sensitive people may react to. Again I'm not an expert but that's what I've read and it makes sense.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  10. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

I received my first shirt, a blue Oxford. The fabric and construction are excellent. The BD collar is GREAT. It's what BB used to make...unlined, beautiful roll. I like it a lot.

Unfortunately, several of my measurements were not correct (some off by a full half inch). I took photos and sent an e-mail to Luxire. I am hoping they offer to remake the shirt as the one I received is too tight to wear.

Not a big deal. Based on the construction, fabric, and fast turnaround time, I expect to be ordering many more Luxire shirts.

1 person likes this.
  11. Jim Wood

Jim Wood Member

did you specify a specific BD collar?

12. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

No, it's their standard collar. The roll is very good. The collar points are not as elongated as on the Barba BD. It's more of a traditional J. Press/BB collar but better than what those companies currently make.

1 person likes this.
  13. Xtra

Xtra Senior member

Looking good. How much (approximately) will the leather jackets cost?

And will you do leather jackets in black? I really love some of the designs Temple of Jawnz do (or used to do...).

Like this Double Rider-style in black:
    [​IMG]

14. DavidLane

DavidLane Senior member

Just curious, maybe I am missing something, were would one go to find the measurements from a previous order? I ordered a chambray shirt, and I would like to order another and I cannot find my original measurements. Does Luxire keep a record of them?

Thanks,

David-

15. Wade

Wade Senior member

^Just give them the order number

1 person likes this.
  16. DavidLane

DavidLane Senior member

Thanks Wade

17. Dingusberry

Dingusberry Senior member

Or you could check the order confirmation in your inbox.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
  18. DavidLane

DavidLane Senior member

Anyone have images of their chambray goods from Luxire? Or does anyone have a suggestion as to their best chambray?

Essentially I am looking for a workwear style chambray shirt: double pockets, contrast stitching, throat latch ect. I have the Slubby Chambray already, wondering if any one has experience with their other options, likes and dislikes.

Thanks!
    David-

19. iamacyborg

iamacyborg Senior member

If you want a ToJ, get a ToJ. They're still taking orders, and I doubt Luxire will be able to source leather that's as high in quality as what ToJ have available.

20. Xtra

Xtra Senior member

Oh, I didn't know that they are still taking orders, thought the owner/designer would stop making leather jackets and start his own restaurant or something, thanks.