1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. TweedyProf

TweedyProf Senior member

Patrick: You might just post this in the tailor's thread to see if they have suggestions (hoodog too), but since this is on my mind and this is the standard OCBD collar, could you also take two measurements, the inner band collar height in the back and also at the button? I think I like the barba better as it seems to sit a touch higher on the neck, based on hoodog's photo.

2. hoodog

hoodog Senior member

Sloping shoulders, huh? I didn't think I had those... Oh well, I better read up on the subject then. Is this something that is a standard correction btw? Do you only say "compensate for sloping shoulders" to Luxire, or do you have to give them any further measurements specifically for this?

Concerning the armhole - do you think this is the cause of the diagonal wrinkles between my armpit and the top of my shoulders?

Great advice - I'll try my luck in the tailors thread.

Sure thing! Back of collar band measures 1.4'' and 1.2'' at the front. I don't have any picture of the shirt undone, I am afraid, but there are several photos in other posts that shows the Barba BD undone.

3. Simplicio

Simplicio Senior member

I know that it is not really for me to decide, but I feel that the diminutive of "Clapeyron" should be "Clappy", not "Clapey".

4. Dingusberry

Dingusberry Senior member

[​IMG]

5. TweedyProf

TweedyProf Senior member

Huh, shorter than I thought it would be. Too short for my pencil neck. Thanks for the measurements.

Has anyone tried to have the kamakura, old brooks collar replicated? The height and roll are, to my mind, perfect (1.75 inch back inner collar band height). Sadly, the body fit is not perfect on me.

Still trying to decide which shirt to send in or which of the collars on hand to go for.

6. TweedyProf

TweedyProf Senior member

Dingus, how was that lined? Fused mid lining?

7. variancelog

variancelog Senior member

Hello, I have a question about ordering trousers that I haven't seen answered here. Has anyone used measurements from a perfectly fitting pair of trousers and not been happy with Luxire's interpretation of the measurements? I would send in my favorite pair, but I can't really do without them for several months as they go with my only grey suit. I am thinking of taking a few extra measurements to help refine the duplication, but I'm curious if people are happy with just the few measurements that Luxire asks for. Thanks.

8. Wade

Wade Senior member

You can send it to them and request them to send back after they copy measurements
    But I think you would have to pay return shipping for that

9. emptym

emptym Senior member

Might as well go all the way w/ El Clapitan.
    I think it's pretty durable and soft. Makes a great shirt.
    I'm not sure about all the things you need, but you might widen the waist and hip a bit.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2014
    4 people like this.
  10. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Senior member

I've noticed some very slight variances with respect to fit for different fabrics (when I checked them the measurements were identical), but Luxire has generally done a pretty good job of interpreting measurements. You are more likely to get something resembling a perfect fit if you send a perfectly fitting pair to be replicated, but you should at least get something that is very good if you measure carefully. Just order one pair at a time until they nail the fit.

11. luxire

luxire Senior member

Maroon Corduroy Work Shirt

[​IMG]

12. luxire

luxire Senior member

Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  13. luxire

luxire Senior member

2 people like this.
  14. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

Yes! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. Dingusberry

Dingusberry Senior member

Not really sure about that. I just referenced the order number and it turned out well.

16. variancelog

variancelog Senior member

Thanks, guys. I might see if Luxire can tell me any additional measurements to take to get a better fit first time around. Presumably the difference from taking one's own measurements and sending a pair in is the amount and type of measurements.

17. atoms

atoms Senior member

I received both (sr-408 and sr-425), and others to compare to. It's night-time, so I can't look in the sunlight. Under indoor lighting these two look identical in tone and color. I double checked the cut edges thinking maybe they made a mistake I could trace back. That's how similar they look. The sr-425 is slightly rougher than the other and produces a slightly less pronounced crease when folded. It's almost insignificant to be honest. However one thing is pretty clear, the sr425 has an overall rougher look, e.g. a bit of a rumpled casual thing. I'll look at them again in the sunlight tomorrow or Wednesday as I would expect to see some differences under different lighting.

As for tone comparison. I don't have sr-023 so cannot compare to it. They aren't very many shades away from the white twill. Noticeable for sure, but still very light in tone. They are leaning more towards a yellow tint than a grey or brown one, so certainly fit the cream description.

I'm satisfied with these two swatches, I can send them your way if you haven't already ordered them.Send a PM.

Reference:
    SR-023: http://luxire.com/products/cream-twill-chino
    SR-408: http://custom.luxire.com/collections/pants/products/cream_twill_chinos
    SR-425: http://custom.luxire.com/collections/pants/products/off-white_twill_chinos

2 people like this.
  18. Patrick R

Patrick R Senior member

The neck band height is 1.5" (3.75 cm).
    The front neck band height is 1" (2.5 cm).
    The collar back height is 2" (5 cm).
    The collar point length is 3.25" (8.25 cm).

This is the same as my recent vintage BB OCBDs.

19. demizzle

demizzle Well-Known Member

Please post when you hear back from them. I'm curious to know as well if I can take additional measurements for a better fit... Thanks.

20. Spurious

Spurious Senior member

Anyone else with comments?

Sent an email to Luxire as well but haven't heard back yet.