1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

That's like the most unacceptable thing I've ever heard! Send it to me so I can use it during your holiday.

Just re-ordered the sky blue summer chambray and blue bengal stripes. New fabric is the Maroon Gingham Flannel. It could be my one winter shirt.

2. TweedyProf

TweedyProf Senior member Dubiously Honored

Thanks. You don't have a link do you to post at Stilmagazin (ok in German, I can read it).

I'm 1.83 m but still like it a touch higher than you do. But will measure.

3. TweedyProf

@luxire

I want to clarify how to measure the inner collar band. I'm prepping to send you a shirt to copy but I want a different collar on it.

WHen I look at my inner band, I see one stitch at the bottom of the band, closer to the neck, and one at the top. After the top stitch, there is a little fabric that goes up perhaps 0.25 inches before it folds over to the collar wings. So, the total height of the band includes that as well.

If I specify a 1.75 inch collar, is that for your sewers from the bottom of the band up to the fold?

Thanks

@clapeyron and @Betelgeuse , I'd be curious to know your collar dimensions (Betelgeuse gave me the diagram, which I assume is up to the fold). I'm guessing you have about 0.5 inches of collar showing at the back?

Cheers.

4. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

I'm afraid you won't be able to look at the pictures without having an account, but there are no others than those he too posted into this thread here anyways.

It starts here and goes on for several more posts:
    http://www.stilmagazin.com/forum/masskonfektion/10030-luxire-hemden-42.html#post296922

As for collar band height, have a look at the following picture:
    [​IMG]

I'm certain everyone in here is refering to what the picture calls "band height" as "(rear) collar band height".
    Sure one could specify the "collar back height" as well, but so far Luxire always added the needed extra to it without me asking for it.
    Like I said before my rear collar band height is 40mm, my front collar band height, where the points meet with the collar band, is 35mm.
    I just measured the rear collar height for you on one of my shirts with a 40mm rear collar band height of 40mm and it's 50mm.
    For my shirt with a rear collar band height of 45mm, the rear collar height is 60mm.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
  5. Xtra

Xtra Senior member

Order for two shirts (existing pattern) - confirmation 4. of jan. shipping confirmation today, 10. of jan.

That is really fast, just hope they get the details correct.

6. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

^ wow 6 days is unprecedented. I think all the other quickest orders I've seen had been at least a week. I'm hoping my most recent trouser order can be finished just as quickly. The collar remake on my last order of 6 shirts should be done by next week, so I'm excited to get those back. Maybe my trousers will be done and ready at the same time.

Getting back to the collar band height discussion, I'm 6'4" (193cm) and my shirts with 1.5" collars seem plenty high to me. I'll have to measure my older shirts and see what those measured, but I'm pretty sure they're lower than that. I've posted some pics in this thread with a shirt, tie, and jacket and it looks like there's at least 1/2" of fabric from the shirt collar sticking out over the top of the jacket collar. I'd have to measure to see if that's accurate or not though. Maybe it's just the way my body and my jackets are shaped, but I think it would look weird if my collars were any higher. I'm sure body proportions play a big role, and every person is different.

7. DarkDestiny

DarkDestiny Senior member

My order shipped really fast too. Ordered on the 2nd and shipping confirmation on 8th. Not based on any formerly made shirts either.

8. timotune

timotune Senior member

Shirt orders seem to be finished very fast recently.

I just hope my coat will reach me before winter is supposed to really start here at the end of next week

9. scrolls

scrolls Senior member

Took a pair of Luxire pants to my tailor a couple days ago to have the waist taken in (my fault, not Luxire's) and he couldn't believe how well made the pants were. He pointed out some hand stitching that I'd never noticed and just in general said they're constructed supremely well and will last a long time. Always good to hear that from a guy I've come to trust who knows this stuff way better than I do [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. topos

topos Senior member

and, for that matter, pants. i had a shirt and pants ship a week after ordering. granted, these were minor changes to prior orders, but that is still extremely quick.

11. TweedyProf

Beatle and Louis

You're right, I think. 1.5" would be fine. Just tried the lands end shirt. We are talking about the bottom of the collar all the way up to the fold, yes?

Here's me in a 1.75 inch height (similar to clapyron and betelgeuse). I wouldn't want the front to be lower than it is. But it's well below my adam's apple and doesn't make me look like I'm wearing a Turtle neck. For what it is worth, the Kamakura BD's everyone has been talking about are 1.75 inch at the back too.

[​IMG]

Here's the back, more than 0.5 inches above jacket
    [​IMG]

So, to keep the front, I'd stay with the 1.75 inch back. If anything, I might raise the front a touch.

ANyway, agree everyone is different. I don't think this is abnormal relative to what we're seeing in SF. Similar to the last pics in this thread from Betel and Clapy.

Let me know your thoughts. Am going to send a shirt in to be duplicated.

12. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

That's a pretty nice collar, I wouldn't change much if anything at all if you're having that duplicated.

13. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

Looked through the website and I don't see any solid light lilac/purple (non oxford, want it more dobby twill/mid/light weight fabrics)

Is it just me or are there none?

14. johanm

johanm Senior member

Hey Luxire - now that you have snaps, could you do Cucinelli-esque vests? I'm thinking Minnis flannel or one of those Dugdale tweeds or 13 oz suiting wools + quilting like what you use for the quilted blazer. This is what I have in mind:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

I measured the shirt collar at the front and it's less than in the back, but not by much. If I don't remember correctly it's 1cm difference between the Barba and the Luxire collar in the front part, at the button.

16. TweedyProf

Thanks...oddly enough, I want a bit of a tie gap!

17. TweedyProf

Thanks. Yours looks a touch higher in front than mine above. I sort of like yours.

18. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

Mine looks somethin like that from the back. I like it because when I wear it without a tie, the collar stays up.

Here's a comparisson. i think I'm gonna use centimeters cause it's a lot easier to measure.

Barba

[​IMG]

Luxire

[​IMG]

I guess I'm now going to provide that other measurement.

19. TweedyProf

Thanks for that. The bottom is the shirt you posted a photo of? I think that is why it looks higher in the front and hence, maybe, there's more of a tie gap. I suspect mine is more like the Barba so less of a tie gap. But I'd have to measure.

20. TweedyProf

so, maybe you should split the difference, 3.5cm in front, to reduce tie gap?