1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. mothon

mothon Senior member

Does anybody have any fit pics of luxire jeans?

2. Wade

Wade Senior member

hey, did you specify the side adjusters to be there or did you just select it and they put it there?
    From my past experiences with other MTM places, the side adjusters are on the waistband, not below it
    i actually think i might prefer it to be like in your pic

3. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

That button stance looks really high, you should probably lower it at least an inch, maybe more.

Yep, that actually happened to me too, I had to send the shirts back to have the collars remade. Still waking for them to be finished...remakes seem to take way longer than new orders. I think it's been about 3 weeks since they received the shirts to remake and I haven't heard anything yet.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
  4. Xtra

Xtra Senior member

Wow, that is reallly fast. I just ordered two shirts, but left out the trousers as I need one of the shirts by jan. 25, and I had no faith in that Luxire could do trousers in less time than 4-5 weeks, but apparently they can.

5. TweedyProf

TweedyProf Senior member Dubiously Honored

6. TweedyProf

That's fantastic. What's the collar height (band). You're a two-button fan (on the collar)? I think this is the collar I would want for dress shirts.

7. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

Great looking collar, Clapey.

8. Simplicio

Simplicio Senior member

^^^ I like this as well. But it works because Clapeyron is a taller guy who has the neck to wear a collar like this. BTW I like the Vanda square.

I've been trying to find a slightly taller collar as well. But I don't really like the two button closure. I feel that if you need two buttons it may be too high. It is remarkable what a difference even a slight change to the collar band height can make. I have tried an extra 0.25" and I think it may be too much. And then you have to figure out what to do with the points. So I am running a few experiments to see if I can find something better. I'll post if I have anything promising. But it is great to see how others approach this.

9. TweedyProf

how high are you going? From what I can see Calpeyron doesn't have a very long neck (though long enough for a high collar to look good). The collar looks to be right by his adam's apple (from what I can see). He could probably go lower and still look good (0.25 inch). I know some people dislike that much collar above the jacket...I think it looks sharp, but ask me when I'm ten years older...

10. TweedyProf

Actually, on two buttons, not sure why you do need them. I've read that it helps with structure in the collar, but not sure why. On the button hole side, maybe, because of the stitching, but on the button side? They are just sewn in at two small points. I suspect it's the lining that matters more, so if you have a high collar with no or light lining it's going to flop.

Seems moot if you wear a tie with that collar, though.

11. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

Clapey is something like 6'12", so what doesn't look like a long neck is almost certainly a long neck.

12. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

Mursquirl (sorry if the nickname is written wrong) that is an awesome SC!

Clapey... for my next order I will copy your collar style. Question: does it have to be with 2 buttons? Can it be done with one?

13. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Senior member Moderator

Thanks, Beatle. I am leaning towards an inch, probably not more than that.

Betel, it is actually a suit, but makes for an awesome SC. I have never worn it as a full suit and don't know if I ever will.

14. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

Whta?!?! Why not? I bet it looks awesome! [​IMG]

PS: I was confused when I read the first reply to brother B-geuse then I read the name again. [​IMG]

15. althanis

althanis Senior member

You said the bottom was flaring - if it is, would the request not be to increase the width of the bottom? My understanding is that it flares because it's being pulled to the sides too much, meaning it's being strained because it's too narrow.

16. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Senior member Moderator

That makes sense...possibly let out the waist a quarter inch. I'll ask my tailor.

17. fridayfrenzy

fridayfrenzy Senior member

What fabric is that? Is that a grey stripe?

NM....I see you posted it before

18. terra firma

terra firma Senior member

Just received my first shirt and I am incredibly disappointed. None of my measurements were followed and in some cases they were off by a whole inch. I emailed customer support and they told me that I would have to pay shipping costs to send the shirt to New Jersey and they told me that if they decide the measurements were followed acceptably I would be billed for shipping costs back to India.

The only thing I can think of doing is taking photos of all the measurements to ensure that I have proof of what they were before, but having what basically amounted to a threat in trying to get this problem resolved has left a real bad taste in my mouth about Luxire. If I'm going to pay 90 dollars to have a shirt made I expect it to be made to the measurements I specify and not be told that I have to pay more to get it done correctly.

Really getting tired of getting the same run around with every MTM place on the internet. First modern tailor and now this.

19. Trompe le Monde

Trompe le Monde Senior member

show the photos to us

2 people like this.
  20. kulata

kulata Senior member

Hope you get your issues resolved, but it appears online MTM may not be for you.