• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

arglist

Reaction score
I have now four Luxire shirts and am slowly getting where the measurements are to the point. Three shirts should arrive tomorrow. I plan on ordering several more, OCBDs for casual wear and more with my custom Satriano inspired collar for my business wardrobe (thinking about increasing point length and band height a little).

Today I ordered my first pair of pants (camel wool flannel). I hope I got my measurements right and am very much looking forward.

Thanks to you all for keeping this thread alive. I learned a lot here.

Florian

emptym

Reaction score

The pants are exquisite. On the other hand, I'm not so impressed by the jacket. The shoulders' width seems off (too wide) which makes the whole thing lack balance and shape.

Interesting. If the shoulders seem too wide, that would be the fault of my shoulders rather than the jacket's. The jacket is cut pretty close, w/o any extension. Remember that it has zero shoulder padding, no canvas, no haircloth, no fusing, just a layer (or two in the front) of thin cotton twill. No sleeve lining even. If there were any shoulder extension, it'd be drooping over my shoulders.
Thanks! Although only 3 fabrics are listed, I bet they could make a pair out of whatever fabric they had in stock. I'll think more about this... I already have more stuff I want to get first and have to pace myself a bit. :)

They definitely can. If my wife didn't like to sleep under a comforter, I'd get a linen set and a cotton flannel one.

Last edited:

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I am looking for something similar to Mercer's fabric Blue Two-Ply 100% Pima Cotton Oxford. After seeing images that Derek posted on his blog, I just fell in love with its texture. Does anyone know what would be the closest fabric available at Luxire? Would it be Classic Blue Oxford, Blue Royal Oxford 80/2 or Grey Blue Royal Oxford?
[SIZE=1em] [/SIZE]

The blue pinpoint oxford I recently got looks pretty close to that Mercer fabric. I finally got around to taking some measurements and noticed some of the changes I requested from my first shirt were not followed very well. The upper back measurement that was causing the shirt to pull pretty significantly when I reached my arms forward was actually decreased on my 2nd shirt, even though I asked them to increase that measurement. I just requested a remake so hopefully they get back to me soon. I really like the fabric and it will be perfect for fall, I just need to hope they get these last little tweaks right next time.

SeamasterLux

Reaction score
Interesting. If the shoulders seem too wide, that would be the fault of my shoulders rather than the jacket's. The jacket is cut pretty close, w/o any extension. Remember that it has zero shoulder padding, no canvas, no haircloth, no fusing, just a layer (or two in the front) of thin cotton twill. No sleeve lining even. If there were any shoulder extension, it'd be drooping over my shoulders.

It might be the picture then. But it's also true that without anything at all (I have many jackets without padding but there are some pieces of fabric inside here and there to give a bit of shape), it's pretty hard to keep the thing from falling.

Could you please tell us or even show a picture of the buttonholes? How would you rate them?

Many thanks!

Dingusberry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do I use my older shirt pattern for a new shirt order? I want to do some adjustments to the old pattern, but I am not 100 % sure about how to do it.

Do I write my adjustments under the square for "Your custom style and fitting requirements:"
e.g.
Use order #xxxx's measurements but with these adjustments:
+1'' waist
+0.5'' chest width

etc.
?

topos

Reaction score
How do I use my older shirt pattern for a new shirt order? I want to do some adjustments to the old pattern, but I am not 100 % sure about how to do it.

Do I write my adjustments under the square for "Your custom style and fitting requirements:"
e.g.
Use order #xxxx's measurements but with these adjustments:
+1'' waist
+0.5'' chest width

etc.
?

that's how i've done it.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Quote:
I asked Luxire about all this, before submitting a 10 shirt order last week. They suggested simply referencing the last order, with no need to specify any measurements or other customisations from that order. This is indeed the way things should be done, so I'm pleased that was also their advice. I followed it. We'll see whether their QC & attention to detail is up to the task; it has been with everything else so far - moreso than with any other custom maker I've used, in fact - so I'm cautiously optimistic.

If they mess up, it's their problem & cost, not mine; I'll send them back and wait for correct shirts to arrive in due course. My order is not time-sensitive, and it costs me nothing to send them back beyond a 10 minute trip to the Post Office, so nothing substantial is at stake if they get it wrong. The benefit of not having to rewrite measurements and specifications on each of a 10 shirt order was saving at least 15-20 minutes anyway (with yet more time to be saved on each future order), and as I suspect the odds of them correctly managing a simple/routine task is better than 50/50 so it's certainly worth the "gamble" simply in terms of the value of my time. That is the saving. Besides, on a point of principle, as a customer I see no reason to do their QC job; that is part of what they are being paid to do correctly. It's the shirtmaker's job to manage simple & straightforward orders based on an existing pattern/customisations. And, it should be reiterated, this is clearly what Luxire themselves understand to be the case, given their advice to me to only reference the prior order.

The shirts are now subject to the tender mercies of FedEx, so I'll let everyone know later in the week whether my laziness/trust has paid off.
biggrin.gif

Dingusberry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do I need to do to increase the rise of my pants? I am thinking about order a pair of chinos, but my last order that came from Luxire had too low rise.

YRR92

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody try one of the RTW shirts they have on clearance? I'd like one, but only if the fit is at least a touch slimmer than BB slim fit.

clapeyron

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
white cream twill chino.

The fabric is more white than cream I'd say but they turned out exactly as I wanted. When in doubt order some cloth swatches.

Sadly though the pocket seams as well as the outer fly seam is not in a pick stitch but a regular machine stitch unlike on my first pair of these trousers.

As general suggestions I'd like to see all the options for buttons listed on the website, as well as the one's you suggest with the different trouser fabrics.
Also I'd love to see a chart or diagram with expected delivery time for shirts or trousers e.g.:

Trousers ordered in the 37th calendar week take an average of 12 work days to complete. etc.

Last edited:

smoothmoose

Reaction score

white cream twill chino.
The fabric is more white than cream I'd say but they turned out exactly as I wanted. When in doubt order some cloth swatches. Sadly though the pocket seams as well as the outer fly seam is not in a pick stitch but a regular machine stitch unlike on my first pair of these trousers.
Looks good overall. Can't tell from your pictures, but others have complained about this fabric being a bit transparent and being able to see your pocket linings through them? On your last point, I am now convinced due to the unlimited amount of customization Luxire allows, there is no set house style or set of details that are "standard" or "locked down". Might vary from day to day depending on what the particular tailor/sewer was working on previously. Just because you got something on your last order as "standard" (that you didn't ask for) doesn't mean you'll get the same thing next time. Which means, ALL details and customizations must be stated for each of your orders. And even with that, some details might be missed (based on my experience). Which is why others are recommending summarizing all details/customizations in a table and I would even go one step further, but adding relevant pictures to each, preferable in same table to avoid confusion.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads