1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. TweedyProf

TweedyProf Senior member Dubiously Honored

I know this is somewhere deep in the thread, but if you have a pic of these, would you mind posting? Interested in collar band height (I know there's a google doc somewhere too). I have a version of the Borrelli/Barba BD made by another MTM which I might try to have replicated by Luxire when I can make the purchase.

2. TweedyProf

TweedyProf Senior member Dubiously Honored

Have you emailed them? Curious what this means in terms of construction. Perhaps for lighter weight pants (to make a guess).

3. Terpo

Terpo Senior member

Pics of Barba BD: http://www.styleforum.net/t/304965/...g-official-affiliate-thread/6375#post_6757831
    Spreadsheet with lots of custom collar details: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...Wl9ScVo3VkNlR2JRSU5tTFFOMlE&usp=sharing#gid=0

4. MattR

MattR Senior member

I'm a fan, good roll. It fits well in the "ivy" category, IMO.

5. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
  6. taxgenius

taxgenius Senior member

Do people actually refer to the NOBD collars as such when they place an order?

7. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

Thanks guys. I asked for an unlined BD collar.

8. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Yep, you can just type in the comments that you want either the NOBD I or NOBD II and Luxire will know what to do.

9. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Senior member Moderator

About to send this jacket in to have it replicated. Fabric will match the pants, Dugdale light gray worsted. Looking forward to having the complete suit. I think the only thing I plan on changing is the hip pockets to flap. Don't think I will mess with measurements at all because I like the fit. I'm open to suggestions...

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  10. MattR

MattR Senior member

that's some world famous shit right there

11. An Acute Style

An Acute Style Senior member

You'd have to put your arms down for me to get a better idea about the fit. Shoulders look outstanding. I can't tell 100%, but I think the button stance looks too high.

12. Murlsquirl

I agree, but what do you suggest...-25" or -50"? It also has the slightest of flare at the bottom so I was thinking of asking them to "decrease bottom width .25". I am being extremely picky about that and would probably be better off leaving it alone...not sure yet.

I doubt you can make an accurate suggestion with my arms in the position they are in. I think I have a good idea...

13. variancelog

variancelog Senior member

The fit on that jacket is great, but the button does appear to sit quite high. It's difficult to tell by how much in this photo.

I haven't seen any pictures of Luxire's pocket squares on here yet, so I thought I'd take some pictures of the two I just received. Here is one of the "Fine white linen" against a dark fabric. It shows the weave of the linen and how the edges are rolled. I will take some more pictures another time including those of my custom printed square in wool-silk.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. joewmoss

joewmoss Senior member

You might not want to let your CAC get into the picture next time....

15. joewmoss

joewmoss Senior member

I've had stitch creasing done on three pairs of trousers. Looked good on the two that have puppytooth and herringbone patterns since it blends with the crease. They did a good job on all 3...no issues yet. Looked like it would require some skill to do it right.

16. Murlsquirl

Yeah, I noticed that. It isn't revealing anything other than an expiration date so no biggie, but it won't be there next time.

Here is a better shot for everyone. Don't mind the Bruins shirt, I was in my jammies...

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  17. Dingusberry

Dingusberry Senior member

You have to mention that you want it unfused and lightly lined too, if you don't they'll make it both lined and fused, which happened to me.

18. DonRaphael

DonRaphael Senior member

Would like to elaborate something with you guys. What tie space do you find to be good enough to avoid a gap between the tie knot and collar (collar band showing over the knot). I know this gap depends on many vaiables, such as collar stiffness, tie fabric friction etc., but I think tie space also plays an important role. I genuinly dislike when the tie slips down and allows a gap and would like to avoid ordering shirts that allows this to occur.

Many thanks.

19. clapeyron

clapeyron Senior member

#5345 collar in action.

Didn't have time to iron this morning:

[​IMG]

I think it looks great with a four in hand tie but looks marvellous without.

Due to the slight curve of the collar points, the collar doesn't slip over the lapels no matter how much I gesticulate. Fantastic!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11 people like this.
  20. arglist

arglist Senior member

Got shipment notice today. Ordered two OCBDs (from existing pattern, unchanged) and a pair of trousers (completely new pattern). Turnaround time twelve days. Fantastic!

1 person likes this.