1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Garasaki

Garasaki Senior member

For real? That sucks. I ordered 13 of em in my most recent order - which I haven't received yet so I can't comment on what happened on my swatch order.

What a bummer! I hate the idea of ordering trousers based only on looking at a picture on the internet.

2. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

I know Men's Warehouse makes that silicone bead insert, they call it a Super Crease. Might be a good alternative...

3. clapeyron

clapeyron Senior member

Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
    6 people like this.
  4. dohare

dohare Senior member

I had this done to a pair of pants...im afraid to get them further altered since the crease isn't made during pressing now, it may not be properly aligned unless the trousers have both seams adjusted equally rather then having just one seem taken in/out. you wouldn't know if it can be removed do you?

5. atoms

atoms Senior member

Friends, thank you for the helpful replies to my questions.

6. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

7. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

You can also have the crease stitched. I saw a short film with Sexton in which he advocated this for IIRC flannels and tweeds which don't hold a crease very well. Especially on a variegated cloth where the thread wouldn't be so obvious, it seemed to work well.

8. Dingusberry

Dingusberry Senior member

My shirt has these creases between the chest and shoulder area. The creases go across the shirt like an “x” and create pressure at the 2nd button. What can I do to remove the creases or make it less tight? I have tried to increase the chest width, but maybe I need do it a little bit more?

Many thanks!
    [​IMG]

9. Terpo

Terpo Senior member

You could have Luxire adjust for sloping shoulders. That should get rid of the excess material.

10. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

Did anyone ever respond about the yoke height of luxire shirt being shorter than other brands, and causing wrinkles?

11. Dingusberry

Dingusberry Senior member

Should I just mention it in the details?

12. Terpo

Terpo Senior member

Yes, and it's helpful to include a picture as the one above for reference.

1 person likes this.
  13. Foxhound

Foxhound Senior member

Hoping Luxire can make me something like this.
    [​IMG]

14. clapeyron

clapeyron Senior member

My first Luxire Shirts:

In the words of Larry David, pretty, pretty, pretty good.

http://custom.luxire.com/products/blue-chambray-eta
    http://custom.luxire.com/products/moss-green-university-stripes-pinpoint-oxford

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I asked for a special collar and on the light blue shirts I asked for the buttons to be attached by hand in a lily stitch (?) trident pattern with burned orange contrast yarn.

Every single one of my requests was fulfilled. They fit much better than anticipated since I only provided measurements instead of a sample. They are a bit loose, but from what I can tell all my measurements were adhered to. I am now looking forward to perfecting the fit together with Luxire. I am very pleased.

As soon as I've worn and washed them a couple of times I will write a review.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
    3 people like this.
  15. cbfn

cbfn Senior member

Did you pay extra for the crowsfoot stitches?

1 person likes this.
  16. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

You didn't mess with the NOBD 1, did you Claps?

1 person likes this.
  17. clapeyron

clapeyron Senior member

$20
    Est-que tu m'accuse de plagiat? That clearly is "Das One Collar Mark IV" The perfect blend of the One Shirt Green Collar and this one.
    I guess my lawyers will be talking to your lawyers then.

1 person likes this.
  18. NeedForTweed123

NeedForTweed123 Senior member

I'm looking to get some wool pants from Luxire. Should I go for the $100 ones that have 15% nylon or the $300 with no nylon? I'm not really sure what the positive or negatives of nylon in wool pants would be, or if 100% wool is worth the extra $200.

Also, do flannels and tweeds actually look bad after some wear and fall apart quickly? It's something I have heard a lot while researching the subject, but don't actually know if it's true.

19. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

Flannels do tend to "bag out" some after wear, but that's just part of the charm IMO. They can wear out faster as well, particularly the super fuzzy ones, but I have still yet to have a pair of mine wear out, so its a relative thing.

Only you can determine if the 100% wool is worth it. FWIW, I am wearing a pair of the Dugdale flannels today ($200), and they are great. A worsted flannel, so not super fuzzy, but I love them.

20. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Luxire seems to list most of the wool trouser fabrics as 100% worsted wool, even if the swatch online appears to have more texture to it. Specifically I was looking at these:

Dugdale mid grey herringbone

Dugdale light grey hopsack

When I see that something is 100% worsted wool I usually assume that it's very smooth and will not have much texture, so these don't seem to fit that description. Is it possible that Luxire meant to label these as 100% wool and not necessarily 100% worsted wool? Anyone have any direct experience with either of these?