• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

scrolls

Reaction score
Yes it is quite a thick fabric. My winters get a little below freezing but nothing too harsh.

Xtra

Reaction score
Yes it is quite a thick fabric. My winters get a little below freezing but nothing too harsh.

OK, I'll guess I have to decide when I get the swatches, but where I live they might be around 0C to about at most -15C in winter time. Most of the time it's between 0C and 10C, so not very cold, but a bit unsure of trouser weights and stuff like that.

smoothmoose

Reaction score

I'm planning on ordering a corduroy sportcoat from them - just need to get my act together and send in an existing jacket. The main reason for me doing this is to get a tester jacket from them - I'm getting married next year and want to get a suit made by luxire, but don't want that to be my first jacket from them.
Are you going to get it structured or unstructured? For cord you can probably go either way depending on the style you want to achieve, but you definitely need structure for your wedding suit.

For that matter I'll probably send in my wedding tuxedo for measurement. Since I got married a few weeks ago, I have feeling I won't be wearing it for awhile.

Last edited:

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you don't have severe winters, you probably don't "need" 20 ounce moleskin trousers. That having been said, I find them quite comfortable with an 11-12 ounce jacket with temperatures in the high 50s to low 60s. They would probably help keep you warm enough so you would only have to wear a coat on particularly cold days. Everyone runs a bit differently in terms of temperature, though. Perhaps try some of the 15-16 ounce corduroy and see how that feels. It will probably still keep you pretty warm.

chuckb

Reaction score

Are you going to get it structured or unstructured? For cord you can probably go either way depending on the style you want to achieve, but you definitely need structure for your wedding suit.

Well, I've been trying to decide on that. I like the idea of an unstructured jacket, but given that part of the reason is as a trial jacket for a suit that definitely will be structured, I think I ought to have it be canvassed. I'll probably ask for very thin to no shoulder padding.

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Just opened my package and couldn't be happier. Don't know if I'll ever go elsewhere for pants or shirts. Sorry for the crap picture, but you'll get a good idea of the OCBD and trouser fit. They replicated the pants and the shirt was by measurements.

I had the trousers replicated with a -1/8" in the waist. The only issue is there is a slight bubble of fabric below my belt in the seat. Didn't exist on the other pair so it must have be from the altered waist. Easy fix, but not sure how to describe it for my next order. Not worried about it at all for this pair, it's so slight I might not even bother taking them to the tailor.

31B2D49C-F0C9-4CC4-8189-743637DDCD51-2787-000001CE050B051E_zpsa1287576.jpg

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Those look great!

Thanks! I'm very happy. The back of the trousers look just as good as the front. Minus the slight wrinkle below the belt, they are about as perfect as it gets.

Xtra

Reaction score
If you don't have severe winters, you probably don't "need" 20 ounce moleskin trousers. That having been said, I find them quite comfortable with an 11-12 ounce jacket with temperatures in the high 50s to low 60s. They would probably help keep you warm enough so you would only have to wear a coat on particularly cold days. Everyone runs a bit differently in terms of temperature, though. Perhaps try some of the 15-16 ounce corduroy and see how that feels. It will probably still keep you pretty warm.

Thanks for the input.

Yes, I'm thinking about getting a pair of corduroy pants in about 15-16 ounces.

Just wondering - how are moleskin trousers normally used? They are considered quite casual, right?

And still wondering - anyone got a picture of the NOBD II-collar with tie?

Last edited:

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just wondering - how are moleskin trousers normally used? They are considered quite casual, right?

I'd consider them essentially a heavier and maybe slightly more casual form of khakis.

Xtra

Reaction score
I'd consider them essentially a heavier and maybe slightly more casual form of khakis.

OK, thanks for the input.

Just looking for pants that are quite casual other than jeans and chinos. I've got a lot of jeans and chinos and just trying to diversify when it comes to pants.

Looking at corduroy and moleskin trousers for fall/winter, to have an option instead of thick chinos.

Last edited:

aget19

Reaction score
Just ordered 2 custom shirts from Luxire, my first shirts on SF recommendations. Very excited to try these bad boys out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads