1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Senior member Moderator

Yessir! Great fabric and they nailed the shirt in only 7 days. This is my 5th shot and is the closet to perfect. All of them are more than wearable, but I keep tweaking things to get rid of the crease above the armpit and can't quite get it. No fault to Luxire, they follow measurements perfectly.

2. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Senior member

What have you been doing to correct that? I have it on mine, hasn't really bothered me until I got my linen shirt, for some reason its quite pronounced on that.

3. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

I was hoping for mine to be here by the 24th but it will be until the 26th. :(

I think this time the fit is going to be very nice. Post fit pics of your, M!

4. Murlsquirl

This is the best I can do Betel.

Osiris, I have messed with the shoulder slightly and the arm opening. My last order, one was more prominent than the other. Who knows...I can definitely live with it. I think I might do some bespoke shirts soon and them send one to Luxire to replicate. Either way, I'm a happy dude.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. thebrownman

thebrownman Senior member

At the end of the day, that's quite fantastic, and it's the kind of thing you'd only notice if nitpicking or focusing on it. And, in my opinion, at least, that ruins the enjoyment of it. I reckon the shirt looks fantastic! But as you say, the bespoke shirts will probably be as close to perfect as you can get and then Luxire will be able to replicate those for you. In any case, all I'm saying in a long-winded way, is the shirt looks good. And you have a nice beard.

1 person likes this.
  6. Murlsquirl

Thanks! I was picky before I joined this forum, but it has only made it worse. The fabric and construction is top notch, I am very happy. I love my beard...thanks.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
  7. Murlsquirl

Dbl

8. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

I need that fabric in my collection!

9. Murlsquirl

It's a great fabric. Sturdy, but not heavy. A little different than the standard blue oxford from Luxire. It should last for years.

If you ever want a great spread collar, that is their standard spread with 3.25" points.

10. hominem

hominem New Member

Murlsquirl,

I had the same problem with my shirts, but mine was due to the fact that I have slightly forward shoulders. Doesn't look like you have that problem judging from your photo?

Theresa suggested that the solution for me (not sure if this would apply to you) would be to decrease the measurement "across chest" by 0.5 inches or so (and to just specify this in the instructions). I have yet to make this change on a new order, but just a suggestion...

11. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

Nice! I want to see how they copied the collar I sent them for this order.

[​IMG]

12. luxire

luxire Senior member Affiliate Vendor

If you have forward shoulders, you need to write in the notes: "Adjust for slightly forward shoulders" or "Adjust for forward shoulders"

If you have sloping shoulders, you need to write in the notes: "Adjust for sloping shoulders"

If required, add a link to an image of yourself to the notes.

Many adjustments are done beyond the measurements we ask for.

13. Murlsquirl

I will be trying that now! About to order two more pair of Dugdale trousers and another shirt. The problem with me is, I have sloping shoulders, but one sits higher than the other because of an old injury. I'll probably send this photo. Don't mind the shirt...I'm a biker and I love classic menswear...weird, I know.

[​IMG]

14. Simplicio

Simplicio Senior member

This collar does look good. Did you modify the standard spread collar to have 3.25" points, or is that just the way it is? It looks a bit different on the website.

15. Murlsquirl

Thanks, it is the English Spread and I specified 3.25" collar points. I think it is going to look great unbuttoned or with a tie. I got the idea from someone on here...Kayhill maybe...I don't remember.

16. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Another 2014 wish list request - more casual oxford fabrics, like large ginghams and buffalo checks

2 people like this.
  17. Murlsquirl

2014 request- I would love a couple unique higher end trouser fabrics. I'm thinking like Epaulets "nightshade" blue or Rota's (nomanwalksalone) beige. Those are just examples. Basically, something other than the standard birdseye, worsted, hopsack, etc.

18. luxire

luxire Senior member Affiliate Vendor

You should let us know about it with your next order. We can shape the shirt differently for each shoulder.

Only a disciplined young man can have a manicured beard like yours. And then the love for classic menswear adds another nice dimension.

19. Murlsquirl

Already placed a couple minutes ago...order #5297. Oxford red university stripes, along with Dugdale trousers. I can live with the template as is, but if you think you can make it better by all means, go right ahead. Let me know if you need me to send an email. Thanks.

I wish I was still young...my thirties already feel ancient.

20. MGoCrimson

MGoCrimson Senior member

You might be able to get this sorted through some simple soft tissue work to free up any restrictions in your left shoulder/chest/back