1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member

Depends how fussy you are, as I suspect that it's not quite so simple, as other aspects of the three-dimensional fit around the waist and through the hips will also change. But it may not change enough to bother you. Short answer: I've no idea, but my experience suggests that one change can leads to the need for unexpected other ones. Good luck, though! Hopefully someone with actual tailoring knowledge can help you more.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  2. Jim Wood

Jim Wood Member

That's what I've been concerned about. Thanks for your input.

3. johanm

johanm Well-Known Member

Adding an inch to front/back rise and trouser length should be the equivalent of raising the waistband by an inch, no? In other words, doesn't the three-dimensionality of the rise end after a few inches from the crotch?

4. quuz

quuz Well-Known Member

Have I completely lost it? After rewatching goldfinger I really want to get something like this for my next vacation

[​IMG]

Although a bit longer, I would like it to end just above the knees

5. europrep

europrep Well-Known Member

Lost it

13 people like this.
  6. luxire

luxire Well-Known Member

Back rise can be increased at the fork too, giving more room at the seat. Doing this also increases the thigh measurement.

When people measure existing pair of pants and adjust for a slim fit, they also decrease the thigh measurement. It is not a good idea.

7. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Well-Known Member

How can you specify this when ordering?

8. luxire

luxire Well-Known Member

In the notes:
    Increase back rise to raise the waistband higher OR Increase back rise at the fork, do not raise the waistband higher.

Similarly for decease.

3 people like this.
  9. Patrick R

Patrick R Well-Known Member

10. mrjester

mrjester Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Props to the 1738 collar (only completely unfused and lightly lined. Feels so good.

12 days from order to delivery, and all the measurements were spot on.

1 person likes this.
  11. Jim Wood

Jim Wood Member

So I have a pair of trousers that fit except I want the rise to be an inch higher. To me this means that I want the waist to sit an inch higher, but I want all else to fit the same. How do I make this happen?

12. althanis

althanis Well-Known Member

I think you can do what he said up there.

On a different note, I ordered a pair of khakis on Dec 4, and they shipped today, 16 days after. Probably won't get it before Christmas, but wasn't aiming at that anyway.

13. Terpo

Terpo Well-Known Member

Lucky you. I ordered a shirt + khakis on 27 November as Luxire mentioned they would process all orders placed until 29 November before Christmas. Unfortunately, no shipping notification yet.

14. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member

Thank you for this; very interesting & helpful!

By the way, on a totally unrelated point, do Luxire have any plans to travel? I can imagine that the combination of your efficient factory operation, plus the benefit of in-person measurement & fitting, could work very well. Obviously, you'd have to charge a little more for in-person fitting/etc, but it might be worth one of your team crunching the numbers to see whether it's worth it.

I can guarantee you I'll buy a few things if you come to the South-East of England or London! [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
  15. PiCcolocV

PiCcolocV Well-Known Member

Not upset given this is a MTM process and I had them make some minor adjustments from my last order, but I ordered on 11/19 and still no shipping email yet. Holding out hope it makes it before the New Year.

16. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Well-Known Member

THIS. (Except swap San Francisco for Blighty...)

17. clapeyron

clapeyron Well-Known Member

I bought this ridiculously cheap but fantastically practical card holder/money clip wallet for whooping 15 renminbi a couple weeks ago and was wondering whether I could order a remake of this design in real leather through Luxire?

Here's are a couple of pictures of the contraption:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It holds 6 cards and the clip is feather loaded so it easily snaps in and out of position.

1 person likes this.
  18. luxire

luxire Well-Known Member

Not sure what model we will follow as the "next step". One line of thought is that there is a better way of doing "b-E-spoke" without in-person fitting. We will work on improvements in that area.

Currently, the focus on getting you more choices: The Storm Systems, the Casentinos, the leathers and many other options. Also on improving the current offerings.

Were at a facility that has collected buttons/toggles/straps/clasps of different types for the last 32 years and was just amazed at the kind of items available. Many of these will find their way into your choices.

---------------------------------------------
    For your pants, emailing images of the fit of the last one and the one used for measurements will help us determine the required changes.

Using the exact same measurements, pants can be made to fit differently in a few ways.

2 people like this.
  19. johanm

johanm Well-Known Member

Would be great if you guys offered more "name brand" fabrics for shirts (Thomas Mason, Alumo, Grandi & Rubinelli) and trousers (Holland & Sherry, Scabal, Harrisons, Smith Woollens).

1 person likes this.
  20. Patrick R

Patrick R Well-Known Member

Exactly.