1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Foxhound

Foxhound Senior member

Sent three emails over the last week and a half, no replies :(

1 person likes this.
  2. DarkDestiny

DarkDestiny Senior member

^ Same here haha. This usually happens with the harder questions.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  3. Foxhound

Foxhound Senior member

Just need my measurements from one of my orders.

And to see if this material is similar to this;
    [​IMG]

4. CruzAzul

CruzAzul Senior member

It's been said before, but I'm awed by this. It's brilliant. And the ideas it inspires will impoverish me in the days ahead.

5. dohare

dohare Senior member

Has anyone ordered an unlined-wool flannel blazer? I'm debating it.

6. CruzAzul

CruzAzul Senior member

That seems like a curious combination. Normally I go for wool flannel when I want warmth, and unlined when I want to stay cool.

7. dohare

dohare Senior member

I run really warm, so its all I need and it saves money. A sweater underneath will keep me warm through the 20-30s really.

8. Jim Wood

Jim Wood Member

I don't think that will look much like a sport coat. Would it?

9. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or

Some people live in climates where they don't get a lot of very cold weather, but still like wearing seasonal appropriate materials. Going for unlined would make the jacket more versatile for them.

10. Jim Wood

Jim Wood Member

but wouldn't it hang like a CPO jacket instead of a sport coat? I like both so it's just a question

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  11. luxire

luxire Senior member Affiliate Vendor

12. luxire

luxire Senior member Affiliate Vendor

The "REAL" Gifts for someone you really love.

The wool ones are supremely warm, made of wool from sheep on high altitudes in the Himalayas.

These are all completely hand-woven, by artisans in Kashmir. They are either 100% Wool / 100% Silk /Wool-Silk Blend

The color, the design, the artistry is unique.The way the colors play around with light is amazing too. We have just 2 in each of these designs and hence not being added to the site.

If you order today, they will be shipped for delivery before Christmas.

To order: Pay the said amount here. In the notes, add the name of the item as mentioned below and the shipping address.

Shown here on male dress forms,but, perfect gift for women.

[​IMG]

Gold Maroon Paisley Scarf: All Silk: 75" x 21" Size, All Silk, hand woven: $200

[​IMG]

Green Copper Cream Shawl: Wool-Silk: 76" x 36", Supremely warm, Intricate hand weave, took the artisan 4 months to complete: $400

[​IMG]

Blue Orange Paisley Shawl: 84" x 40" , Supremely warm, All wool, Hand woven: $300

[​IMG]

Tan Orange Shawl: 84" x 40" , All wool, Supremely warm, Hand woven: $300

[​IMG]

Purple Maroon Paisley Scarf: All Silk: 75" x 21" Size, All Silk, hand woven: $200

1 person likes this.
  13. dohare

dohare Senior member

my idea is that it would look like this http://i.imgur.com/BSLI5zp.jpg

1 person likes this.
  14. scrolls

scrolls Senior member

Kind of wish I had a use for one of those shawls. Very cool.

15. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

16. Jim Wood

Jim Wood Member

Did you originally send them a pair to replicate or just measurements? What are you dissatisfied with. I'm considering a pair and am wondering how to start.

17. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Just sent my shirts back to have the collars remade. Is it just me or did the address for the New Jersey office change? I can't remember what it used to be, but when I was writing down the address that's listed on the website now, it didn't look familiar. I hope I didn't ship my stuff off to the wrong address!

18. johanm

johanm Senior member

I'm wondering the same thing. I'd like to know how the replication process works - do they simply take the same set of measurements as in the guide (waist, half hips, etc.), or do they do an exact copy of each fabric panel?

19. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

Are you asking me?

If so: measurements I took myself, based on a pair of nicely-fitting bespoke trousers. If the bespoke trousers were fastened in the same way as the trousers I want to order, this would have worked out perfectly. For example, when I started ordering shirts, I measured a bespoke one, and it worked out perfectly. Unfortunately, I only have bespoke trousers from various suits whcih all take braces, and I want to use Luxire for some belt loop odd trousers.

I figured, what the hell, and just copied the measurements off the braced trousers. This does not work. I think it's to do with the mechanics of whether trousers are suspended vs cinched. It seems to create lots of little differences, esp. in bespoke. Also I want a slimmer silhouette for belt loop odd trousers. Back rise & waist circumference being the main differences between braces & belt, but changing those measurements creates lots of other compensatory changes elsewhere, which then need other adjustments, and then you're chasing your own tail trying to remedy a cascade of minor interacting changes all at once. Very tricky. Educational, mind you. But tricky.

I think if you get an item replicated by sending it in, you pretty much get an exact copy back. Even using measurements, Luxire have executed every measurement/detail I've asked for absolutely perfectly. It's just that I'm trying to do something more complicated than I initially expected. And I'm fussy. Both the trousers I've got so far are wearable enough, but I'm chasing something much better than RTW. That's why I may just give in and get a bespoke pair from my more regular (and order of magnitude more expensive) tailor and then get it replicated by Luxire for the other odd trousers I want. We'll see whether the 3rd attempt works. I should emphasise that none of the issues I'm having getting the fit right are Luxire's fault; only mine for not having a truly nicely-fitting pair of belt-fastened trousers to use as a base model, and being bloody-minded enough to keep trying given how cheap each attempt is.

Hope that answer helps!

Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  20. Jim Wood

Jim Wood Member

Thank you very much. It helps a great deal. My budget tops out at $225 or so for a pair of trousers, and I like heavier weight fabric so it's hard to find trousers that work for me. That, and I'm tall and trim so I wear a 34 x 36. I also like a rise of about 12 inches in the front, but I don't see much that meets those conditions. I have a pair of BR chinos that fit great except the rise is an inch too short. I'm wondering if I can just add an inch and call it good? I start a new job midwinter and need a couple more pairs of trousers, so I have to make up my mind soon.