Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Rincon

Rincon Senior member

You are a sucker for labels.
    [​IMG]

The quality of Luxire's fabric is quite high. Those labels have huge markups.

Additionaly, I believe they have said they are able to make shirts from many of the major mills if you specify fabric.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
  2. joewmoss

joewmoss Senior member

Fit looks very good as well as the color. Did you send them an example to follow for measurements or did you give them measurements?

3. joewmoss

joewmoss Senior member

I've gone with mostly the cheaper end of their materials while dialing in measurements. That said, I've been very surprised at the quality of the materials for the price. Nothing has felt "cheap". I'll likely be ordering the higher end stuff soon like Dugdale and minnis.

Regarding Dugdale, I have several suits from Charles Tyrwhitt and I'm convinced that it's Dugdale material they use...some of the patterns are identical what's in my closet. It's very good stuff based on my experience...not cheap at all...just that the CT suits are not bespoke and don't fit nearly as well as a pair of Luxire made trousers.

4. chuckb

chuckb Senior member

Isn't 9oz awfully light for flannel? The color looks good, but I fear the cloth would be too delicate.

5. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

STILL haven't gotten around to taking good pictures as I've worked every day straight since I got my Luxire delivery, but I wanted to say if anyone was on the fence about the Luxire Off-White Linen Pants, get them. They're incredibly soft, even better than the Luxire Brown. And a better price. They're not really too see-thru either. Sure you can see the pocket lining and some people don't like it. I take that as a sign of something casual, which these pants are. Even with 2" cuffs, these guys are versatile as hell.

I've since pressed mine and have worn them on two dates. Gotten compliments both times (and second/third dates). They work as well with sandals as they do with loafers. I almost want to get another pair. Just because.

6. NickInTO

NickInTO Senior member

I've finally decided to splurge on some MTM shirts. After doing some research on SF, I've settled on Luxire (unless someone wants to talk me out of it...). Due to my ridiculous measurements, I don't really have a "best fitting shirt," so I need to go with body measurements. For reference, I'm 6'2" with a 14.25" neck and 6'8" arm span.

Anyone have any tips to ensure a decent fit? Or should I just follow the instructions on the site and hope for the best?

7. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

I need moar linen...might have to add these to my list

Wow I thought I had a skinny neck! I'm 6'4" 190 lbs with somewhere around a 6'6" wingspan and my neck is 15". Even if you don't have a best fitting shirt, it's still a good idea to start with a shirt, even if it doesn't fit that well, and make changes to the measurements by following the measuring guide on Luxire's site. The first shirt probably won't turn out perfect, but it will be a good start and then you can continue to make slight tweaks from there.

8. joewmoss

joewmoss Senior member

How do you like the Luxire Brown Linen pants? I'm looking at getting those made next. Theyll be shipping my first linen (tan / ecru) shirt soon. Theresa attached a pic and it looks pretty good.

9. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Senior member

I had a similar concern with the weight. I'd think flannel ideally would start at around 10.5 to 11 ounces.

10. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Do it. Don't question it. They're 100% casual from what I can tell. Which was good since I didn't have any real casual pants. I don't even have any chinos.. :-X These are my favorite pants, and they fit perfect. You saw the issues I had in my first pair.. hard to get pants that fit me. Way to go Therese and team.

I like them a lot. I had them hemmed since they were too long. And the tailor made them too SHORT now. So I need to take them back.

11. PtrckHmphrys

PtrckHmphrys Senior member

Howard Yount's VBC Super 120s flannels are 9.5 oz. They're lightweight for flannels, but not for trousers in general, considering many warm-season fabrics are 9 oz and below. They have a substantial feel but a slightly less rustic appearance compared to woolly full-weight 15+ oz pairs.

12. Xtra

Xtra Senior member

Thanks!

I gave them measurements from a pair of jeans I have that fit quite well. Should be said that I combined measurements from that pair and another which has a better length (it's longer) for the inseam/pant length.

Being the first pair of pants I ordered from them I'm very pleased with fit and overall quality.

13. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Senior member

I hear you. I wouldn't mind the lighter weight in early fall when it's a bit warmer or perhaps dressed up with a navy blazer for the evening, but when pairing with jackets in the 12-16 ounce range, I like something a bit more substantial. Plus they keep your legs warmer in the winter.

14. TheWraith

TheWraith Senior member

I like experimenting, Beatlegeuse. That's half the fun.

15. joewmoss

joewmoss Senior member

That's similar to the spreadsheet composite method I've advocated: take several pairs of pants that you like measure them and use only the best features all of them in a composite. I did this same for my first few trousers and yeah, it worked out quite well.