• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

cbfn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a solid light blue.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'm looking for a solid light blue.

Some of the Blue Royal Oxfords - 2 Ply 80 - Do let me know if any of these would work. Click on image to enlarge.

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I received my 2nd order from Luxire yesterday. Batch of 4 shirts.

As always, communication and shipping were top-tier.

The amended measurements are also perfect. The shirts are a very good fit now. I'd say perfect; but perfection is subjective.

There are quite a few errors though, and I will be returning three shirts. Luxire has agreed to remake them and amend the issues accordingly, so I will hold back for now. Once I receive the amended shirts I will post a detailed explanation. But I believe it'll all be fine - they've nailed the toughest part already; the fit. These are simply minor stylistic issues.

Out of curiosity.
were all four shirts the same style? (not fabric)
or was each shirt different in details. collars, cufffs, fronts, stitching?
I know that styleforum members, love to mix up details on one order.

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

It matters. Like many have already stated, it actually helps their business. For the more informed, they'd be more inclined to buy a shirt made up from fabric from Thomas Mason than a nondescript one. And I'd like to think more than just a few of Luxire's orders come from this forum; where most are of the more informed crowd.

It was just a suggestion that many echoed after Luxire said they were considering removing the fabric's provenance in their shirt descriptions. Don't have to get so uptight about it. Luxire has amazing customer service and we all know it.

Perhaps you don't care where they source their fabrics from; be it from China or Italy. But to answer your question of "Who cares if its from a Thomas Mason mill." - most of us here do.

FYI, Thomas mason is well known. Not necessarily the best mill in Italy.
there are numerous mills throughout Europe that you have never heard of that turnout fabric that is equal to thomas mason.
there are several mills in India that turnout a high quality product, including Monti of italy.
Doubtful Luxire is bringing in fabric from China.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
FYI, Thomas mason is well known. Not necessarily the best mill in Italy.
there are numerous mills throughout Europe that you have never heard of that turnout fabric that is equal to thomas mason.
there are several mills in India that turnout a high quality product, including Monti of italy.
Doubtful Luxire is bringing in fabric from China.

When this discussion about fabric names was going on, I was missing the presence of Carl. From what I read on the forum, he has a good grasp on the subject.

"European' fabrics, in a globalized market, are made all over the world. Monti fabrics are made in India and finished in Italy and sold as Italian Monti, for example. Recently, we bought a lot from an Italian mill, which came with Chinese tags and were promptly returned. Not that the fabrics were bad, but, were not happy being misguided.

Given its own sizable industry, India, the way I know it, is not a big market for Chinese fabrics, hence cannot speck much about them.

Indian fabrics are good though. We are still not carrying them, but, it would be difficult to resist for long.

The challenge before shirt-makers today is to understand each fabric we buy, both from a quality and price standpoint and make sure we and in turn our customers get the quality they expect.

Luxire, and am sure CEGO, customers are well covered.

chuckb

Reaction score
Hmm, that looks a lot like my shirt which arrived last week (and is great, by the way). Though I probably need to make a couple of fixes for my next order.
Relatedly, what options are there for unfused interlinings? On my shirt I specified a soft, unfused interlining and it is both of those things, but it was much thicker than I had expected (leading to the neck being a bit too tight). Is there an option for a thinner, but still soft and unfused lining?
Also, I wanted to compliment you all on your excellent customer service - I've asked all sorts of detailed questions and have always received a quick, helpful reply.

A thing of beauty...

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hmm, that looks a lot like my shirt which arrived last week (and is great, by the way). Though I probably need to make a couple of fixes for my next order.
Relatedly, what options are there for unfused interlinings? On my shirt I specified a soft, unfused interlining and it is both of those things, but it was much thicker than I had expected (leading to the neck being a bit too tight). Is there an option for a thinner, but still soft and unfused lining?
Also, I wanted to compliment you all on your excellent customer service - I've asked all sorts of detailed questions and have always received a quick, helpful reply.

Hi C,
We use many different types of fusible and non-fusible interlining. You can thus specify the kind you would like and we would make it accordingly.

Thank you for the compliment. Would pass it on to Theresa, though am sure she must have already read it and be all smiles by now.

cbfn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I'll go for the sky blue oxford. How is the fabric? Soft?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I think I'll go for the sky blue oxford. How is the fabric? Soft?

It has a good feel to it. Not as soft as some of the flannels but still pretty good.

emptym

Reaction score
The sky blue oxford I got in my second order is wonderful imo. A great workhorse fabric. Which one was it again, Ashish? I may order a buttondown version.

Carl, great point above about lesser known and non-European fabrics. India has a long, distinguished history of fabric making. I'd love to see some made in India seersucker and madras.

I got a couple pairs of pants from Luxire recently and will post pics in the next week or so when I get a chance. Fit and finishing are excellent.

Last edited:

cbfn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just ordered the sky blue oxford myself!

Zarium

Reaction score
Out of curiosity.
were all four shirts the same style? (not fabric)
or was each shirt different in details. collars, cufffs, fronts, stitching?
I know that styleforum members, love to mix up details on one order.

2 were barrel cuffs, 2 were French. 1 button-down, the rest spread. Fronts the same, backs the same as well.

Zarium

Reaction score
I got a couple pairs of pants from Luxire recently and will post pics in the next week or so when I get a chance. Fit and finishing are excellent.

?! Are they already available for order? How much does a pair cost? I'd really, really love to get a few. January is a long while to wait!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads