• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So, my last order came in 10 days ago, havent had a chance to take pictures.
Both shirt and pants in the same picture.

I want to decrease waist by a little bit (not sure if that's really visible in the pictures, but it's a tad too wide.
I want to hem the pants from the knee downward, especially the leg opening could fit a bit slimmer.

I think the shirt fits quite good, a bit of excess fabric at the back, but I doubt it's noticeable when worn and in motion.

Thanks for any feedback and apologies for any inconvenience or bad picture quality.

The excess fabric isnt actually excess, the bunching is caused because the hips are too tight. Add some room to the hips and it will sit better. Making an already very slim shirt even slimmer wont help at all though.

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Henry, I always wondered when I read suggestions like that.
Maybe you are able to explain it to me.

In how far can a shirt too tight cause bunching like that?
I was of the impression both the waistband as well as the belt prevented the shirt from falling back "down" into the pants anyways?

smoothmoose

Reaction score
I agree with Henry. I have a couple of shirts where my hip measurement is too tight and have similar issues with those shirts. With Spurious, to further exacerbate the problem his pants rise is too low causing further emphasize of the shirt lower back.

With the hips area on the your shirt too tight the shirt does not fall low enough and is held up by the hips as a "platform" for the shirt material. The "excess" material is seen in the vertical axis and would actually go away if the shirt was able to be tucked in properly.

For some of us, our shirt backs may still looks like this after sitting down and standing back up if your pants does not have friction waistband to keep the back material well tucked.

One way to further check this issue to view the shirt untucked. If there is excessive flaring of the lower placket under the last button it shows that the hip/seat measurement needs to be increased.

Last edited:

OlafG

Reaction score
Is there any wool flannel fabric inbetween the Luxire wool nylon mix and the $299 Minnis?

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is there any wool flannel fabric inbetween the Luxire wool nylon mix and the $299 Minnis?

Supposedly they have ordered some new 100% wool flannels for this fall, but I don't believe they are in yet.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

nod%5B1%5D.gif

I ordered mine on July 25, and still haven't heard of them. Just wrote Theresa an email to ask if she has any news about them. 

Same order date as me, I got a shirt and trousers. I'm hoping within the next week they at least start production.

Spurious

Reaction score

The excess fabric isnt actually excess, the bunching is caused because the hips are too tight. Add some room to the hips and it will sit better. Making an already very slim shirt even slimmer wont help at all though.

Thank you. I might have been misunderstood, but I was not going to decrease the waist any further on the shirt. I was talking about the pants.
I wasnt going to change the measurements on the shirt, but now that you two adviced me to, I think I will reconsider.

Any recommendations on how much to increase the hip measurements? Is half an inch enough?

I agree with Henry. I have a couple of shirts where my hip measurement is too tight and have similar issues with those shirts. With Spurious, to further exacerbate the problem his pants rise is too low causing further emphasize of the shirt lower back.

With the hips area on the your shirt too tight the shirt does not fall low enough and is held up by the hips as a "platform" for the shirt material. The "excess" material is seen in the vertical axis and would actually go away if the shirt was able to be tucked in properly.

For some of us, our shirt backs may still looks like this after sitting down and standing back up if your pants does not have friction waistband to keep the back material well tucked.

One way to further check this issue to view the shirt untucked. If there is excessive flaring of the lower placket under the last button it shows that the hip/seat measurement needs to be increased.

I will check once I get the shirt back from dry cleaning and see if the issue is still there.

Thanks you two for the input.

ammanati

Reaction score
nod%5B1%5D.gif

I ordered mine on July 25, and still haven't heard of them. Just wrote Theresa an email to ask if she has any news about them.
I ordered mine on July 15 and got them on Friday. So in my case it is a month. Maybe it can be around 5 -6 weeks now

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Luxire had told me 3-4 weeks from order date. Mine was August 1st, but I also made another order on August 9 for the Blue Gingham and another one on August 14th for the End on End. So who the hell knows where I'm at. I don't believe any of it has hit my card.

ammanati

Reaction score
Luxire had told me 3-4 weeks from order date. Mine was August 1st, but I also made another order on August 9 for the Blue Gingham and another one on August 14th for the End on End. So who the hell knows where I'm at. I don't believe any of it has hit my card.
According to my experience they will send you all the items in one shipping

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics