• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score

If you wear this blue one with a sweater or under a jacket, the shoulder fit is not a problem.

I am far less picky about "perfection" in my shirts for this reason.

theclipper

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback guys, I really appreciate it. Although it looks like the shoulder seams are too wide in the photos they actually match up pretty well with my shoulder points. Does Luxire do darts, or would I have to get my tailor to add them?

Last edited:

lachyzee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the feedback guys, I really appreciate it. Although it looks like the shoulder seams are too wide in the photos they actually match up pretty well with my shoulder points. Does Luxire do darts, or would I have to get my tailor to add them?

Don't do darts - that's half the fun of getting a MTM shirt made.

Reduce the waist + bottom measurement.

Last edited:

dancingbear

Reaction score
The Collar is the Luxire Curved English Collar. The curve is natural and would retain its shape for the life of the shirt. No extra care required. Standard fusing used.

The cuff is the Luxire Point-French-cuff

Thanks. I love the look of that shirt. I just placed my first order last night. Once I validate the fit with those, this exact shirt is next. More questions. Which fabric is shown here? Can you post another picture that is more head-on that shows the collar spread?

Thanks!

Jhors2

Reaction score
Nice Collar and Cuff - Again, no collar stays - The curved English collar

I have a question on this type of collar. When ironing is it better to iron the collar out flat, or to press a slight crease right where the roll begins?

Rankiz

Reaction score

The Collar is the Luxire Curved English Collar. The curve is natural and would retain its shape for the life of the shirt. No extra care required. Standard fusing used.

The cuff is the Luxire Point-French-cuff

Just placed an order for an unfused English collar shirt, would the shape of the collar be significantly worse unfused, due to the curved shape?

Last edited:

Jimbosaurus

Reaction score
Just a quick comment to say that it looks Luxire are back on top of the orders. Ordered a shirt on the 21st, shipping confirmation received today and it should arrive on Monday.

SeamasterLux

Reaction score
The sorting options could be enhanced on your website. You've got a good choice but it's better to browse through all pages since I think fabrics are not well referenced (choose stripes for instance and you're missing a lot of what is actually on the site).

Apart from that, great prices !

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
eh.gif

Just ordered my first shirt last night in this fabric which I'm definitely looking forward to.

The only issue I've run into is the collections are starting to look a bit messy at the bottom of the page and multiple filters would go a long way in helping me remember which of the many fabrics I was looking at before. Not enough to deter, but it would be a nice improvement.

The sorting options could be enhanced on your website. You've got a good choice but it's better to browse through all pages since I think fabrics are not well referenced (choose stripes for instance and you're missing a lot of what is actually on the site).

Apart from that, great prices !

Absolutely agree.
The site is getting messy and missing a lot of information what should be there.

A bit stretched by time and technology, but need to move that on priority. Will get work started.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

We will be glad to add darts.

Though not traditional, darts are essential for a contoured slim fit.

As the front of the waist part of the body is often more of a concave and the back more of a convex, just adjusting the waist is not always enough. The shape/size of the chest and upper back play an important role too.

Zarium

Reaction score
Just a quick comment to say that it looks Luxire are back on top of the orders. Ordered a shirt on the 21st, shipping confirmation received today and it should arrive on Monday.

I can echo this. I placed an order on the 22nd and I received shipping confirmation today (technically yesterday, since it's already the 29th here).

With Luxire, the time taken from placing an order and sending payment to receiving the shirts is even lesser than having a shirt delivered from the US to me.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks. I love the look of that shirt. I just placed my first order last night. Once I validate the fit with those, this exact shirt is next. More questions. Which fabric is shown here? Can you post another picture that is more head-on that shows the collar spread?

Thanks!

That's the 200/2 Superfine White

Not the right shade on the image, the fabric is perfectly white and oozes richness.

Last edited:

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Absolutely agree.
The site is getting messy and missing a lot of information what should be there.

A bit stretched by time and technology, but need to move that on priority. Will get work started.

That's the sort of response a professional vendor gives when given good advice and suggestions by customers. Well done, sir.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads