1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

Right now it's about 10C but it doesn't get to -10 until late December really. I can't wait close to $500 for a peacoat when there are so many on the market but that's just me.

I had a sterlingwear and that was plenty warm with just a sweater underneath so I"m assuming 12oz won't cut it.

2. LaymanX

LaymanX Senior member

Yeah, the offering is a good start, but I'd need at least 32 oz wool to survive in Toronto.

3. luxire

luxire Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Added an extra warmth quilted lining option for peacoats: Cotton flannel with a layer of wool flannel sandwiched between the shell and the lining.

Weight maths: 16 Oz Shell, 6 Oz Lining, 12 Oz Middle layer: Total 34 Oz.

Still cold? We can make it 56 too!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
    5 people like this.
  4. zeBanker

zeBanker Senior member

I just love how Luxire is so flexible it gets along with almost any questions occurring :D

2 people like this.
  5. Xtra

Xtra Senior member

This sounds excellent.

I see this now on the page for the peacoat, and it appears to be a good option to getting a quite thick peacoat at 299 USD vs 450 USD for the Dugdale 25 oz option. Do we add both the fabric we want the jacket to be made of and the lining as two separate items in the shopping cart?
    Quote:

1 person likes this.
  6. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

Ordered 2 shirts, and received them within 2 weeks! They fit perfectly, and I'm very happy with the quality. Went with the NOBD 2 collar, and I really like it. I'l be ordering most if not all of my shirts from luxire from now on!

Would like to see more flannel fabrics though, as I really like the grey/blue one I got.

1 person likes this.
  7. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Every time I read this thread there's a post from someone with a super-quick turnaround, yet I seem to consistently wait longer for all of my orders. I'm still waiting for a remake on my 2nd shirt, it's been nearly 2 weeks since I placed the order and Luxire hasn't even taken the money out of my PayPal account yet. Hopefully they at least start the work on my shirt by the end of this week. If it fits well, I'm definitely ready to place a large order to replace a significant portion of my old shirt wardrobe.

8. ErikMil

ErikMil Member

Hey everybody,

as you might have noticed, this is my first post at Styleforum.net, so hello everybody.

I am posting in the Luxire thread since I wanted to hear different opinions regarding their communication and their process time.

Regarding the products I am more then happy with what I got so far (2 trousers and 6 shirts through 4 orders).
    Both trousers and shirts are quality wise by far the best I have seen in this price region. So don't get me mistaken, I love what I have in my wardrobe and will most likely order more.

Only thing that bothers me though (and this is were I fear that it may become a major obstacle for them to keep costumers or expand) is the time communication takes lately and the time production takes (sometimes).

My latest experience is that I received 2 shirts on 28th August, one of them having an asymmetrically cut and sewn collar, which needed to be correct by Luxire. A short email contact with Theresa (incl. a few pictures) revealed the issue and we agreed on sending the shirt to the US facility for further shipment to India. The shirt was sent to their office on 3rd Sept. from Boston. Since I wanted to order another 3 shirts, I told Theresa (to avoid further shipping costs on their side) that they could ship all 4 shirts (the one to be corrected plus the 3 new ones) with one packet, assuming that fixing the issue would take less time then producing 3 entire new shirts.

The 3 newly order shirts arrived on 2nd Oct. 2013. Without the corrected one.
    I mailed them and received a reply on 7th Oct. that it will be corrected and shipped "this week" (meaning the week of 7th Oct.).
    I mailed again on 16th Oct. that I neither received the shirt nor any shipment notification.
    Today 21st Oct. I received the mail that they will TRY and correct/ship this week, as well as an apology because they were held up due to some backlog they had.

I am talking here about a simple collar replacement. No complete remake or similar extensive procedures.
    [Update} : To clear up the word "simple", this is meant compared to making 3 entire shirts, not in terms of "easy to do" task.

Am I too harsh with them if I am disappointed by the way (especially time and communication) things are handled? I do understand that Theresa is on her own and that they just started to tackle that issue, still I feel that with a solid issue that happened on their side (the faulty collar) communication should be closer to the customer.
    And I fear a bit for the way they are organised, if a single collar replacement can take so long and is postponed that often.

[Update] : I just received an email stating that the shirt will be shipped this week.

Again, this is not to bash Luxire or the products they make, they are absolutely fantastic. It is to get some insight thoughts from you guys, who have clearly more experience with them then I do.

Thanks a lot and have a great week,

Erik

9. smoothmoose

smoothmoose Senior member

I'm looking forward to fellow Canadians and Scandinavians posting up results of their peacoat order. Or even better anybody looking to get something more inline with a longer polo coat or overcoat?

Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
  10. timotune

timotune Senior member

my flanell-pants and shirt are in production now :)

11. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

Which shirt did you get?

12. Xtra

Xtra Senior member

I haven't placed my order yet, have you?

I'm a bit unsure if I will go for the 14 oz navy fabric + premium lining (300$) or the dugdale 25 oz + standard lining or premium lining. Have you decided?

13. smoothmoose

No, I have not. I'll let the dust settle, given my recent issue.

I think if you want to be able to goto -10C you'll need the 25oz dugdale + premium lining. But if you want -2/3C, probably the 14-16oz is fine with premium lining.

14. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

I sure hope they can provide those Dugdale and Minnis swatches I ordered.

Have not been able to confirm order status last I emailed them a week ago, and I recall someone saying they don't stock those fabrics...

15. Xtra

Xtra Senior member

Fair enough....

To be honest, where I live, temperatures seldom drop below -3/4C during winter. It might get as low as -10/15C, but that's more of the exception than the norm during wintertime as I live close to the coast. (western part of Norway)

Also about 200$ in difference is part of the equation, but I don't want to regret my decision once winter kicks in properly. Would be nice to know the weight of the wool in similar peacoats I've owned before, as it would be easy to compare to the one offered by Luxire.

16. smoothmoose

Yes, a reference point would be nice. My current peacoat is also a wool/poly shell (unknown weight), with quilted poly stuffed lining and it's good to about -1/2C.

17. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

It's a crapshoot...I got lucky and was able to get about 3 Minnis swatches with my last order.

18. Xtra

Xtra Senior member

I had a wool/poly peacoat (70% wool, 30 % poly) with some lining and it worked quite well in the same temperature range as yours. Unfortunately I don't know the weight of the wool, but I've sent an email to the brands customer service asking about that, will update here when I know anything more. Unfortunately that one was stolen and the peacoats I can find in local B&M stores are too expensive, too much poly in the wool blend or just too ugly/bulky, so I think the Luxire one will be a lot better.

19. smoothmoose

And just to clarify with sterlingwear (i've never own one). I confirmed with them and the weights they specify is shell only. So i assume there is some added warmth from the Lining they provide.

20. IRKSM

IRKSM Senior member

Anyone have a piqué button down in the works or shipped to them already? Also I wanted to mimick the loro piano polo collar on a short sleeve polo in the piqué fabric as well do I just need to attach pictures?