1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Xtra

Xtra Well-Known Member

I would believe so and I agree that Theresa handles the emails wonderfully. But is the technical issue resolved?

Secondly, good thing that you added 25 oz Dugdale wool, but I would like to know the weight of the cheaper option at 249$.

What would the production time be? Approximately of course, interested as winter is approaching. And larger pictures of the fabrics would also be appreciated.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
  2. smoothmoose

smoothmoose Well-Known Member

I will post pictures later this evening when I get home. I came back from my honeymoon and have subsequently been travelling for work and I usually waiting 3-4 weeks between trips to the cleaner as I don't wear dress shirts everyday and have enough left in my rotation. Plus this aforementioned shirt had been out of rotation for over 2 months, so I wasn't going to do a special run to cleaners just to get back in my rotation more quickly.

.... Not sure why I need to explain myself though...

Also not sure why I am being questioned about my shirt being Sea Island. It absolutely is and Lee Baron has a good enough reputation on this board to doubt otherwise.

3. GradSchooler

GradSchooler Well-Known Member

You've got a good thing going on these boards, Luxire. Don't sour that with pissy, condescending responses to someone who has a legitimate issue he wanted to share with the rest of us and who isn't demanding anything from you except information to help explain the situation.

4. smoothmoose

That's a fair point. If the shirt was obviously cut to the measurements of someone else, I would totally raised it. To be honest, I thought it was a logistical error on their part and I rather not be bothered to mention it as if they were to ask me to send it back. I mean, if it was their error in sending me an additional shirt, I just don't think I should held accountable with the effort of repacking it up, figuring out what to do with return shipping, and heading out to the post or Fedex office.

5. luxire

luxire Well-Known Member

I agree with your message. I do not agree with your assessment of the intention here though.

But, will go with your message.

6. luxire

luxire Well-Known Member

Yes, the issue with our systems was resolved.

Weights have been updated for all options.

Production time is expected to be 3-4 weeks.

Mouse-over on fabric shows larger image.

1 person likes this.
  7. Xtra

Xtra Well-Known Member

OK, excellent, thanks. I see that mouse-over gives larger pictures, but I would like to have an option of displaying them as you do with a lot of other shirt fabrics, when double-clicking gives a larger picture.

All options of the peacoat is customizable, right? Especially wondering about the sleeve tabs and vents on the jacket.

What do people think of the weight on the standard option? I Imagine the 14 oz with wool flannel lining - how will that work for a coat to be worn in wintertime - when the temperatues might drop down to -10C during winter time?

8. burghler

burghler Well-Known Member

Wouldn't a 14oz wool flannel shell with a wool flannel lining in effect be double layered flannel, making it a 28oz flannel pea coat? I'd expect this to be heavy enough for just about any weather.

9. Xtra

Xtra Well-Known Member

On Luxires pages it only says that a 90% wool flannel lining is available, I don't know the weight of the lining. I just know that the 90/10 (wool/nylon) is the standard 249$-fabric, whether it be navy or the other colours.

10. clapeyron

clapeyron Well-Known Member

@ timo: the navy, bronze and copper chino, while all different in style, were all one order so I can't give you one order number.

Metal side tabs once set don't give in elastically unlike DAKS. DAKS are great for golf trousers due to the flexibility. They are the sweat pant equivalent to dress slacks.

1 person likes this.
  11. Terpo

Terpo Well-Known Member

I like your adjusters very much too and would like to get some pants in this style as they are the most traditional way to adjust chinos afaik. Did you just send them pictures of the style adjusters you wanted?

12. Pasha

Pasha Well-Known Member

I just can't see any nefarious intentions here. What would they possibly be?

13. hookem12387

hookem12387 Well-Known Member

Any plans for luxire to offer a cavalry twill? Something like Sid Mashburn's is the perfect weight for the winters we get here, i.e. fall for the rest of the country.

14. burghler

burghler Well-Known Member

Huddersfield offers cavalry twill here http://www.huddersfieldcloth.com/gallery.asp?Category=22&Subcategory=&Page=7. I believe Luxire has access to all the fabrics listed on their site.

15. chuckb

chuckb Well-Known Member

1 person likes this.
  16. Terpo

Terpo Well-Known Member

How do you specify how much cloth and where exactly to taper for the darts? Or do you have standard darts?

Btw, I sent Theresa two e-mails this week about advice for the fit of my first shirt (order 4404) but haven't heard back yet.

17. smoothmoose

Ok. Here are pictures of the shirt damage on my original Lee Baron shirt I sent in. You can see the hole from left front chest and left back. As I mentioned the shirt was folded during shipment, so maybe the damage only penetrated the top layer but not the folded layer. But it also seems quick plausible the shirt was damaged while unfolded. Again, there's know way for me know for sure.

Also I've included pictures of the replacement shirt as well. As I said the shirt is fine, but as you can see it's a stripe vs. a near solid. I also believe my original twill weave (and Sea Island as stated before) while the replacement is an oxford weave.

Damaged Shirt front
    [​IMG]
    Damaged Shirt front close
    [​IMG]
    Damaged Shirt back
    [​IMG]
    Damaged Shirt back close
    [​IMG]
    Damaged Shirt full
    [​IMG]
    Replacement Shirt full
    [​IMG]
    Replacement Shirt close
    [​IMG]

18. TheTukker

TheTukker Well-Known Member

Nice replacement shirt.

19. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Well-Known Member

What are you trying to accomplish here? You're absolutely right that there's no way to know for sure. So this is where you decide whether you believe the vendor and accept the attempt to make it up to you (even though the damage is not their fault), or you decide that they're incompetents who destroyed your shirt and are now lying to you. There's really no in-between. It's really down to whether you trust them or not. Only you can decide that, but it would be best if you decided that before posting more about this.

9 people like this.
  20. cbfn

cbfn Well-Known Member

How are you sure it wasn't the cleaner?

Agree.

1 person likes this.