1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

Exact same. Found my best fitting trousers which happened to be from an older pair of suit trousers. Ordered chinos to keep initial investment low, tweaking where needed (slimmed out a bit since they are chinos and not suit pants, etc).

Actually mine ended up being a combination of multiple pants--rise from one, thigh from another, etc. Hence the spreadsheet to keep it all straight.

Really, about the same as my shirt ordering process.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
  2. emptym

emptym Senior member Moderator

Luxire deconstructed, cotton sport coat and Minnis pants:
    [​IMG]

4 people like this.
  3. zeBanker

zeBanker Senior member

The shape looks nice. Though, is it possible that Luxire does not do that intensive pressing that actually shape the form of a jacket? I know it's deconstructed and stuff, but I've seen more plain deconstructed jackets before...
    But maybe you just recently put them out of the box, as well.

4. XFactor

XFactor Senior member

I am wondering the same.

5. topos

topos Senior member

my frankenstein measurements were for my shirts. i'm glad i had enough shirts with the right characteristics to make a good first approximation. i had relatively little to change in the second iteration, and these were mostly things i couldn't have anticipated anyways (like shoulder pitch). the only thing i've found difficult is recording certain changes that aren't a part of the normal measurements (shoulder slope, elbow, . . .).

6. quuz

quuz Senior member

Why is the breast pocket on the right side?

7. topos

topos Senior member

the same reason it appears his wedding ring is on his right hand, and the same reason it appears the jacket buttons backwards.

5 people like this.
  8. quuz

quuz Senior member

Haha, just woke up, can't think straight :deadhorse:

9. XFactor

XFactor Senior member

So a question to the guys who've already got...

FRESCO / FINMERESCO PANTS from LUXIRE.

http://luxire.com/products/minnis-fresco-light-grey-plainfresco_0500
    At this price point - $225 - Fabric/ Parts and Labor - There is no way to beat Luxire? Or is there?

Are there some Bangkok or HK tailors who can / are beating this in some way? Insider connections?

PS: The reason I ask is this - ... If they are "on the dot" here then once they fix their SUIT related issues, they can pretty much be the No.1 Summer Suit maker on SF,, ??

Thoughts?

Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
  10. TehBunny

TehBunny Senior member

Was wondering what you Northerners' would recommend in the way of casual linen shirting after wearing some of Luxire's offerings through your past summer? Particularly interested in somewhat 'textured' fabrics like the linn chambrays. What where your favorites' NOBD, I remember you posted a lot of linen!
    The jacket looks great for casual emptym, would also echo the comments on it's 'wrinkly-ness' but being casual still looks darn great. I think your pants would look cleaner with a higher rise, but that's just personal preference.

11. MattR

MattR Senior member

This looks better than some of the jackets posted to date. Not to say the others were bad, but that Luxire is making progress.

What's your assessment compared to the other jackets Luxire did for you?

12. designated

designated Well-Known Member

13. emptym

emptym Senior member Moderator

I think you missed the part about it being made out of Baumwolle, not Wolle. Cotton can't be shaped by pressing as wool can, not as far as I know.
    The wrinkles are simply the result of wearing a cotton jacket for a twelve hour work day. If I'd taken it at the beginning of the day, it'd less wrinkled. But imo, wrinkles on a thin cotton jacket are part of the charm.
    I'm a serious bargain shopper, and I've had stuff made by over a dozen tailors in the Philippines, Hong Kong, Thailand, and Israel (as well as the US and Italy). But I know of no other company that can do this. The fabric for a pair of Minnis fresco pants is about $125 retail. If you factor in shipping and customs, it's more. You can find people who will make pants for very little, but it will be tough to find someone to make them well. And if you add in Luxire's handwork and complete flexibility in customization, I would say it would be virtually impossible to find someone at this quality and price.

The pants do have a high rise, 11.5", I think. I see now that it seems like some of my shirt is peeking out under the tie. That must be because the shirt wasn't tucked in enough. I took this really quickly.

This is the best. And it's given me confidence to order more.

1 person likes this.
  14. MTC87

MTC87 Member

Is there an advantage to measuring your best-fitting shirt vs. sending in a shirt for replication? I'd rather trust Luxire with measuring the shirt I want to replicate, but it seems like lots of people recommend measuring it yourself. Am I missing something?

15. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

16. topos

topos Senior member

I agree. The main point is: order the way they tell you to. They know better than us what makes them less likely to make mistakes, and it would seem from reading this thread they have been nothing but helpful in correcting those that are their fault. Besides, you can't control others' mistakes.

17. Blackhood

Blackhood Senior member

^totally agree.

In years of clothing retail I've never once met a customer who knows how a shop works better than the staff. If they ask you to do something then do it.

18. strangedream

strangedream Well-Known Member

Somewhere over the rainbow where you can get drunk
  19. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

^
    Classic Blue Oxford:

[​IMG]

Less pronounced (paler, less contrast between the blues) than your example (which is quite nice).

20. PtrckHmphrys

PtrckHmphrys Senior member

How about this collar? It's my rip-off of T&A, with no space and a high buttoning point to (theoretically) prevent the top edge of the tallish collarband from folding over when buttoned (read).

[​IMG]