1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. chuckb

chuckb Senior member

Finally got around to putting my order for a sportcoat in last night - went with this fabric:
    http://custom.luxire.com/products/dugdale-drab-8-wale-corduroy.
    I decided to get it canvassed, but with light shoulder padding. Next step is to send in the reference jacket (an old golden fleece blazer) to their office in NJ. I'm pretty excited - and I'll be sure to post pictures once it arrives (I was told 4-5 weeks, but we'll see).

Last edited: Sep 25, 2013
  2. europrep

europrep Senior member

^if you don't mind me asking, what is it costing you?

3. smoothmoose

smoothmoose Senior member

^ Looks like a good choice. I actually have a cord jacket in the exact same colour that needs to be replaced. Maybe I should order the same, though my fancy is with tweeds right now. I assume they are charging you 2x the pants price?

4. chuckb

chuckb Senior member

$400 for canvassed, less for unstructured. Not cheap, but considering what it costs everywhere else for mtm jackets, I feel pretty good about it. It does seem like jackets are somewhat of a work in progress, but that's part of why I'm not ordering a suit for my wedding straight off.

5. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

This may be a stupid question, but how are you ordering sportcoats? On their website I only see shirts, pants, and accessories.

6. chuckb

chuckb Senior member

Send them an email to discuss. Basically, what I was told to do is order this in the agreed amount, and give specifications in the notes field / by email in response to the order confirmation.

7. burghler

burghler Senior member

^This. They've told me to use this process for any custom requests that I've made. If you're lucky, they'll be online to chat and you can get a price quote right away.

8. zeBanker

zeBanker Senior member

I would stick with sending in measurements and all probable special specifications again. Though I value the cusomter service generally, I heard about orders like "do it the same as last time" where some details were missing - which is absolutely comprehensible due to the amount of different customised orders and the general approach of Luxire not to invest in fancy technologies, but cloths. It's not that much additional effort, is it?

9. Blackhood

Blackhood Senior member

I'm about to pull the trigger on my first pair of luxire trousers (Dugdale linen in navy - I already have a few pieces in Dugdale linen so I feel confident in the cloth choice). Any last minute advice for trouser purchases or discount codes?

10. chuckb

chuckb Senior member

I'd actually suggest saying "make fit the same as order xxx" but then specifying all the details again ("please add locker loop" etc etc). They already have a pattern on file for the last one, so there's no benefit to specifying the measurements again. For the details, though, you definitely want to specify those each time, lest they get missed.

11. burnso

burnso Senior member

Ok review/ story time...

Received 2 new shirts from Luxire. The Blue Chambray Linen (http://luxire.com/collections/blue/products/blue-chambray-linen) and the Linen/Cotton Blue White pencil stripes (http://luxire.com/collections/blue/products/linen-blue-white-pencil-stripes). It's spring over here ;)

Both fabrics are extremely nice, and instant favourites. I cant actually believe how good they are because Im not used to such nice material. Surprised how much I like the pencil stripes (appreciate all the recs. from this thread).
    Usual perfect workmanship on the shirts, and I tried a new collar set-up which I am extremely happy with the results (might look to send in my OCBD shirt to replace the BD collar...). Only made minor tweaks to the pattern so they fit very nicely.

Went with an English spread, unfused and lightly lined collar. Other changes were that I wanted thin buttons, which I really like.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. strangedream

strangedream Well-Known Member

Somewhere over the rainbow where you can get drunk
    I know some of you guys tried to replicate Mercer and Sons' collars with Luxire and I was curious how that worked out.

I'm trying to do my first order with Luxire for OCBD and thinking of an unlined collar which I've never had.

13. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

Good. I have three linen shirts with the Mercer replica. It suits the fabric perfectly, being light, and rolls nicely.

14. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

Does Luxire still face problems with their mail server?
    I sent them an email some days ago and have not heard back.

15. Spurious

Spurious Senior member

I heard back from Theresa 45 minutes ago after sending an email last night.

1 person likes this.
  16. luxire

luxire Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Shirt fabrics from Zegna, Scabal, Sic-Tess and more - Coming soon

[​IMG]

14 people like this.
  17. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

Wow, now that is fantastic news!
    How much will shirts of these fabrics in 2x100 quality run?

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  18. burghler

burghler Senior member

It worked out really well. You don't even have to specifically reference the Mercer collar. Just ask them to make the collar unfused and unlined with a nice collar roll, and they'll take care of the rest. In fact, I think unlined is their default when selecting a classic oxford fabric.

19. chuckb

chuckb Senior member

In my experience when ordering a buttodown collar if you just specify the default the points will be far too close together (so close, I'd say, that you can't really wear a tie with it). I ended up sending in specific measurements and pictures of a mercer buttondown collar I had, so I'd imagine if you say you want a mercer-style buttondown, they'd get it right.

20. omgitswes

omgitswes Senior member

Are y'all usually charged before they ship the order? Placed an order 3 weeks ago and I was charged a couple days ago and it still hasn't shipped