• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice. Just ordered a shirt in that fabric, excited to see it.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ I just received a shirt in the sky blue linen cotton fabric - I'd say it's much closer to the picture on the website than the one in this thread. Here's a quick picture (the color is reasonable accurate):
It is, incidentally, a really nice fabric - it's got a nice texture to it, and I do like the color. I was mildly concerned when I ordered it that it would be too bright, but in real life it's pretty nice. Decidedly brighter than some of my blue oxford shirts, but not too much so - given that it's a summery shirt, it works well. As it happens, the collar on this shirt is the result of taking measurements and sending in pictures of a Mercer buttondown collar. I'm very pleased with the results - my previous buttondowns from luxire just weren't quite right. Here's a closer shot of just the collar:
Those are not the default MoP buttons, are they?

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They look like the premium option to me.
I have got one shirt with them too and they are definitely a lot nicer than the standard option.
A shame they are too thick.

@NOBD am in negotiations with a MOP button producer by the way.
18" (11mm) or 16"(10mm) what would you go for?

Last edited:

chuckb

Reaction score

I didn't specify anything different about the buttons, so I'm not sure why they're different (less white, more pearly) than the buttons on my last shirt. I can't say I'm too picky either way on that front.
Another quick note on the sky blue cotton linen fabric - I wore this shirt to work today (along with some high-waisted chinos from luxire that arrived at the same time), and I'm very pleased with it overall. It's nice and light and airy, without being too transparent. And it definitely has some linen character to it - the telltale wrinkles at the elbow, but not too messy.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They look like the premium option to me.
I have got one shirt with them too and they are definitely a lot nicer than the standard option.
A shame they are too thick.

@NOBD am in negotiations with a MOP button producer by the way.
18" (11mm) or 16"(10mm) what would you go for?

I like 18 on my Piccolo shirts (haven't checked other shirts), but 16 is fine as well. The "colour" is more important for me.

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is the picture I gave to them as an example of which color and shine I am after:

joshuasaussey

Reaction score
^ I just received a shirt in the sky blue linen cotton fabric - I'd say it's much closer to the picture on the website than the one in this thread. Here's a quick picture (the color is reasonable accurate):

It is, incidentally, a really nice fabric - it's got a nice texture to it, and I do like the color. I was mildly concerned when I ordered it that it would be too bright, but in real life it's pretty nice. Decidedly brighter than some of my blue oxford shirts, but not too much so - given that it's a summery shirt, it works well.
As it happens, the collar on this shirt is the result of taking measurements and sending in pictures of a Mercer buttondown collar. I'm very pleased with the results - my previous buttondowns from luxire just weren't quite right.
Here's a closer shot of just the collar:

The new shirt looks great Chuck!

Sky Blue Linen Cotton - A Luxire Exclusive Fabric

Polos: Grey and Blue

These both look really good, nice work.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

All shirts shipped last week had the premium buttons as we had run out of the standard. They are now back in stock.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads