• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I have always wondered how you deal with iterations on an existing pattern. Do you keep a unique paper pattern for every individual order? Let's say I place an order and then on the next order I ask for some slight changes to the pattern, do you then mark those changes on the first pattern or do you copy the original pattern and mark the changes? In other words, can I ask you to base an order on a pattern from a couple of years ago even If I've made many changes to that pattern since then orders I've placed in the interim?
Our pattern storage facility is quite a sight. We have saved almost all patterns since the day we started.
We are now evaluating a library management system that can be modified to handle the paper patterns.

Most newer patterns are marked digitally and then printed. If changes are made on the paper pattern, the older digital pattern is still saved.

But usually, the changes are marked on the digital pattern and printed anew. So both digital and printed patterns are saved.

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Our pattern storage facility is quite a sight. We have saved almost all patterns since the day we started.
We are now evaluating a library management system that can be modified to handle the paper patterns.

Most newer patterns are marked digitally and then printed. If changes are made on the paper pattern, the older digital pattern is still saved.

But usually, the changes are marked on the digital pattern and printed anew. So both digital and printed patterns are saved.
A relief for those of us who ‘slimmed down’ a little over the years and might like to return to early more roomy patterns!

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire

Do you have any other photos of this fabric made up as a shirt?

Also is it 100% linen or a linen-cotton mix?

Is a cotton-linen blend

1719309140608.png

1719309167300.png

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Next question: if I want to order this with a button-down collar (Mercer) but no placket, what collar construction do you recommend? Will a lightly lined unfused collar hold up or do I need fusing or a heavier lining. I've made lightly lined unfused linen shirts before but ime pure linen needs a little fusing... Not sure whether that is true of cotton/linen mix.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks. Next question: if I want to order this with a button-down collar (Mercer) but no placket, what collar construction do you recommend? Will a lightly lined unfused collar hold up or do I need fusing or a heavier lining. I've made lightly lined unfused linen shirts before but ime pure linen needs a little fusing... Not sure whether that is true of cotton/linen mix.
This fabric does have some weight and structure of its own. An unlined collar should suffice. Would recommend that the neckband be structured to get the best out of the collar.

carterneeld

Reaction score
Same. I did a basted fitting on a DB suit and they were very responsive during the whole process. Vimal is handling my suit. It was an amazing fit considering we have never been physically co-located. It's well worth the extra fee.

Do you have any pictures of this by chance? Very very interested in working with them on a sport coat or suit. Would love to hear more about the process and extra fees.

The Dirty Pigeon

Reaction score
Do you have any pictures of this by chance? Very very interested in working with them on a sport coat or suit. Would love to hear more about the process and extra fees.
I have been going through this processes as well. I already had trousers so I decided to try a matching jacket to form a full suit.

My first jacket attempt went very well overall but I had some issues with a gap on the back of the collar. Vimal and team were very accommodating and did some analysis based on some detailed photos that I sent. After diagnosing the gap issue, they sent a trial jacket with a tweak to the pattern, adjusting the back balance to have more fabric to accommodate for my upper back posture. I recently sent the trial jacket back with a few notes and am eagerly awaiting the final result, which I think will be my best fitting M2M jacket yet.

Here are a some random photos:

IMG_7524.jpg
IMG_7525.jpg
IMG_7527.jpg
IMG_7526.jpg
IMG_7528.jpg

Last edited:

BoomDiggs

Reaction score
Has anyone else encountered early cuff fraying? It seems to happen to the sleeves of my Luxire shirts more readily than others and I am wondering if it is a fabric selection issue. I wash all my shirts at home on the delicate cycle.

ppk

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sure. They sourced the cloth - a cavalry twill from Dugdale. The basted fitting was an extra $95 IIRC.

IMG_2590.jpeg

IMG_2589.jpeg

IMG_2591.jpeg
IMG_2592.jpeg

IMG_1987.jpeg

IMG_1988.jpeg

carterneeld

Reaction score
Sure. They sourced the cloth - a cavalry twill from Dugdale. The basted fitting was an extra $95 IIRC.

View attachment 2207051

Looks really amazing.

Can you also elaborate a little more on the process? I have successfully ordered trousers, but have never attempted a sportcoat or suit.

Is there a house style that you start with, and then change details according to your wishes? Or do you send them references that you like and develop a pattern with them? I have a few older jackets that I'd love to serve as a starting point, but not sure if that is an option.

ppk

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks really amazing.

Can you also elaborate a little more on the process? I have successfully ordered trousers, but have never attempted a sportcoat or suit.

Is there a house style that you start with, and then change details according to your wishes? Or do you send them references that you like and develop a pattern with them? I have a few older jackets that I'd love to serve as a starting point, but not sure if that is an option.
I'm very happy with it. At some point I will send it back for minor adjustments, but I love the suit and every time I've worn it, it looks great, feels great and I've received compliments.

Using an existing jacket as a starting point is the best way to go and they totally encourage that. You can even send the jacket to them and they'll use it as a model, or take careful measurements and pictures.

They don't really have a house style. I don't think it makes sense with their business model.

I wanted mine in the style of Anderson Sheppard with some modifications. I sent them a few pictures and we went from there.

Vimal, their CS person for tailoring is outstanding.

I have a linen suit also in brown on order and they should start on that next week. In this case, I purchased some Spence Bryson cloth via @camez_ and had it sent to them.

To start the process, send an email to their CS team telling them what you want.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members