• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

tilesomoole

Reaction score
I've always just put the order in, then sent an email via the chat feature on the website noting the new order number and the order i'd like to replicate, along with any changes. Luxire have never failed to get it right for me.

I have just now placed my first order since the sale of Luxire. It shipped in 2 business days. I'm excited to see what the quality is like.

How do I request a duplicate of a previous order now?

tilesomoole

Reaction score
Well, for anyone who is interested, my pants came in today (8-day turnaround to the central US, which is crazy fast). I patterned them after a previous order, and I just happened to be picking up said previously ordered pants from the dry cleaner today, so just for fun I compared them.

They're pretty much perfect. They came out just as they always have, and the fabric is the perfect weight for flannel trousers. I'll be wearing these a lot this fall/winter.

So, my personal experience is that Luxire's doing great at present.

Seaminglyso

Reaction score
Well, for anyone who is interested, my pants came in today (8-day turnaround to the central US, which is crazy fast). I patterned them after a previous order, and I just happened to be picking up said previously ordered pants from the dry cleaner today, so just for fun I compared them.

They're pretty much perfect. They came out just as they always have, and the fabric is the perfect weight for flannel trousers. I'll be wearing these a lot this fall/winter.

So, my personal experience is that Luxire's doing great at present.
May I ask what weight you chose? I've only had experience with the super heavy 18oz which make me feel warm just thinking about them

tilesomoole

Reaction score
May I ask what weight you chose?

Sure, I'll just post the link. It's listed at 10oz. For me, they will work for any temperature below about 75F. Where I am, that's October through March. FYI they are a shade darker IRL than they are in the picture, at least on my monitor.

For some reason the link calls them 'moleskin', which the are not. They're a nice soft wool twill flannel.

*edit* looking again, the final picture, the closeup of the fabric on the link, is pretty much exactly what it looks like IRL.

LongGoneDay

Reaction score
I was thinking of ordering some knit/pique/polo shirts.

Which gm/oz is preferable?

I understand that a lot comes down to taste and personal preference - but there may still be fabrics that are significantly better than others.

Is there a keyword to bring up the entire supply?

All input is welcome and please link your favourites, if you have any.

Cheers!

/LGD

Last edited:

Seaminglyso

Reaction score
I just saw this $600 dress shirt on the website. Totally handmade (my kind of thing) and the cloth looks insanely yummy. It is 300/4. Wow. Has anyone seen this in real life?

@luxire @LuxireStudio what is the story with that cloth? That is legitimately something we need to know more about.

Seaminglyso

Reaction score
Anyway, in the more mundane price levels, @luxire what do you think about white silk shirts? Any plans to get some fabric or not enough demand to stock?

I'm thinking silk cotton blends, but I wouldn't be opposed to a pure silk either, maybe in ivory or milky white....

Last edited:

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I just saw this $600 dress shirt on the website. Totally handmade (my kind of thing) and the cloth looks insanely yummy. It is 300/4. Wow. Has anyone seen this in real life?

@luxire @LuxireStudio what is the story with that cloth? That is legitimately something we need to know more about.

It is a beautiful fabric, among the finest available for shirts. Natural sheen and virtually wrinkle free.
Was made by a now defunct Italian mill. We got some fabrics a few years ago. These fabrics are no longer produced.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Anyway, in the more mundane price levels, @luxire what do you think about white silk shirts? Any plans to get some fabric or not enough demand to stock?

I'm thinking silk cotton blends, but I wouldn't be opposed to a pure silk either, maybe in ivory or milky white....
We do not stock silk fabrics. But, we do have access to all types of silks. We can source the silk you need for the garment you would like.

Seaminglyso

Reaction score
I hadn't bought from Luxire for a while, then I ordered some MTM last thanksgiving that I'm sure is great but absolutely did not work for me, but I ordered a pair of pants recently that were great and a shirt that had a lot of customization on the styling and one particularly challenging fit issue (very square shoulders and very short neck) and Luxire pulled it off perfectly. I was very pleased. It took a long time, but that was all on me because I was slow to respond. I just ordered two new shirts tonight, similar cut to the prior shirt but with tweaks, and I'll update on time.
Update on timing. Shirts arrived yesterday. I had some custom tweaks and they still got the shirts to me really quickly (9 days inlcuding shipping. That's actually quite amazing.) Quality of stitching looks great, including on my custom collars and cuffs that I designed with them via a crude drawing I sent to email support, haha. They made it look really good. I actually though one of my style instructions was not followed with the collar on one shirt, but when I compared it to the style on the archetype they were identical, haha. Kudos to @luxire on that one. I need to keep them boxed for the next few days but I'll be able to share more about fit once I unclip them.

carterneeld

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm wondering if anyone can comment on any of the black twill offerings that Luxire offers. I'm particularly curious if anyone has comments on these:

Midnight Black Twill Pants

True Black Ebon Cotton Twill Pants

Matte Black Chino

I am familiar with the Brisbane Moss black twill they have in stock, and it's great, but if any of the above are comparable I'd love to save the $$ and try them out.

Carter

Bersabee

Reaction score
It might just be me / a glitch but did prices get significantly more expensive?

For example, I see VBC 4-ply at over $510 (says it’s in Canadian dollar) but when I go to the Europe site it’s €500 which makes no sense (arbitrage opportunity lol?).

I’m just worried it’s not Canadian dollars but actually USD. If it’s Cad, is there a way to switch the currency back to USD?

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Umberto