• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Blastwice

Reaction score
Just want to warn everyone to stay away from Luxire. Unlike a few years ago, when my orders were all beautifully made, my recent orders have all not only taken MUCH longer to arrive, but when they did arrive, they had damaged material and mismatched buttons. Luxire has refused to respond to my queries or fix the garments. I’m not sure what happened to this one-great company, but I need to find somewhere else to get my clothes made now.
Conversely, my last order was perfect and arrived to my home in about 9 days.

Got a new pair of shorts and tried that new 13.5oz denim-- really wonderful, especially after Luxire helped me dial in my pants fit perfectly recently.

hysteria

Reaction score
Perfection is a tall order, and where there are human beings, there will be occasional human error - thus, I don't judge too harshly. It would be quite disappointing, however, if Luxire's workmanship and/or price/value proposition took a nosedive.

I just placed my first order since the sale of Luxire and we'll see how it goes. So far, so good as Seema got back to me right away (as usual) about the specific pattern I wanted used for these pants. We'll see about the turnaround time and delivered product quality. I expect they will be the same as usual.
I'd say you're giving them too easy of a pass.
There may be human errors but in that case they should rectify the errors. Not a good sign to avoid responding to the customer's query or offer to fix the issue.

hysteria

Reaction score
If ordering on Luxire.com, Vat ~20%, Import duty ~10% and DHL fees ~€15 should be expected. In all, about 40% additional.

Luxire.de prices include these fees.
Are the import fees lower if ordering them to the US (<$800) or UK compared to EU? Any idea?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Are the import fees lower if ordering them to the US (<$800) or UK compared to EU? Any idea?
In the US, there is no import fees for orders upto $800.
In the UK, it is similar to EU

Seaminglyso

Reaction score
I hadn't bought from Luxire for a while, then I ordered some MTM last thanksgiving that I'm sure is great but absolutely did not work for me, but I ordered a pair of pants recently that were great and a shirt that had a lot of customization on the styling and one particularly challenging fit issue (very square shoulders and very short neck) and Luxire pulled it off perfectly. I was very pleased. It took a long time, but that was all on me because I was slow to respond. I just ordered two new shirts tonight, similar cut to the prior shirt but with tweaks, and I'll update on time.

star656

Reaction score
I see the trousers ordering now requires a size input. In the past, I have just asked to duplicate a previous order (and then added minor changes requested via checkout notes or email). The new system seems much easier for both customer and Luxire.

How do I request a duplicate of a previous order now? I can select "make my own size" and add the existing "dress pant" measurements provided, but these are missing certain customizations and the measurements are wrong (must be a very early pattern of mine). What do you all recommend?

Should I just physically measure my latest trousers and add the customizations in comments? (eg. bow legged adjustment, etc.)

This is the .com site.

FredAstaire1899

Reaction score
I'd just pick a standard size and say in the order notes to ignore size info and use previous pattern at #. You can also reply to the confirmation email to confirm this.

ffavocado

Reaction score
I must say I have noticed a lot of errors in orders this year though. Some examples: not incorporating reqeust to shorter length of a polo short, not removing the small pocket in chino pocket, not providing a swatch with order as promised, significant deviation from replicating a sample shirt I had send. Combined the the slow and poor email response it does stimulate me to look for alternatives.
Same experience here, and I’ve been hearing this more and more from others. As recent as a year ago, Luxire was a reasonable price/value proposition, but it seems to have become a “get what you pay for” and “caveat emptor” experience.

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justonemore78