• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire Thinking about a pair of Brisbane moss trousers in their cavalry twill (Rye) fabric.

1. Would it be possible to have a jacket also made in that fabric at a later time?
2. Is it possible that the fabric would not be an exact match color-wise if made at a later date?
Answer to both questions is yes.
The solution is to buy and save the fabric for your jacket and use at a later date.

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
VBC 4-ply have the best stone/greige shades IMO. For some reason they pulled a bunch of the shades off the site. Fairly resistant to wrinkles while holding a crease, enough heft to drape decently and open weave to work for summer (go unlined)

The Ecru should check that box though.
@luxire is that ecru color somewhat accurate on the pictures? looks sand/greyish on my monitors, I'd assume ecru is closer to off white with a slightly yellow tint..

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire is that ecru color somewhat accurate on the pictures? looks sand/greyish on my monitors, I'd assume ecru is closer to off white with a slightly yellow tint..
It is always a difficult question. Appears more towards brown than grey on my monitor.
Seems accurate.

Mrlol

Reaction score
I am not receiving any reply from Luxire by mail, Is anyone else having issues? Been waiting for 4 days now. I'm trying to order summer pants

steiger

Reaction score
I am not receiving any reply from Luxire by mail, Is anyone else having issues? Been waiting for 4 days now. I'm trying to order summer pants
Same here, lately they’ve been a little slower with the responses (up from normally a couple of hours whenever you sent them an email :)). I’v also waited 3 days now for a response. Maybe they’re really busy.

Simon Chambers

Reaction score
Same here, lately they’ve been a little slower with the responses (up from normally a couple of hours whenever you sent them an email :)). I’v also waited 3 days now for a response. Maybe they’re really busy.
I ordered my first pair of trousers from them yesterday and they proactively emailed me to say they would make the first pair and ensure they fit properly before making the second pair. I was impressed with the speed of the communication.

Dan Dynamic

Reaction score
I heard from the last mail correspondence that the pattern master was currently on leave. I hope everything is fine.

Mrlol

Reaction score
Hi @luxire

Looking at the following pants to order:

Pants 1 Fresco Cotton light grey

Pants 2 Fresco Cotton Mud Brown

but I am worried about the 5 oz mentioned on the product page. Is that really correct? I have not seen 5 oz pants before and looking at similar pants they are around 8oz.

Addition to above, do you have any real life pictures to share on the fabric?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Mails have been a little slow as one of the key person in the team is on maternity leave.

We are working on bringing communications back on track.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi @luxire

Looking at the following pants to order:

Pants 1 Fresco Cotton light grey

Pants 2 Fresco Cotton Mud Brown

but I am worried about the 5 oz mentioned on the product page. Is that really correct? I have not seen 5 oz pants before and looking at similar pants they are around 8oz.

Addition to above, do you have any real life pictures to share on the fabric?
Weight seems fine, these frescos are really light.

For the images, do send us an email.

Seaminglyso

Reaction score
Looking to take my first dip in the Luxire world of suits. Pretty excited based on my pants experience, but utterly mystified on the suit. I don't see where on the site to enter the details for the suit jacket (but I do see where it instructs to send an email for the pants). What kind of customization can we do with the jacket? Also, is Luxire standard half-canvassed, full, fused? Thanks for the tips, all!

Seaminglyso

Reaction score
I was looking back through the thread (activity has dropped off precipitously over the past few years, btw) and I saw Luxire did bags! I had figured as much based on @luxire's signature, but as there are none on the site I paid scant attention. Are Luxire bags still a thing? They are really nice!

emptym

Reaction score
Luxire jackets are custom made from scratch, so you can have any customization you'd like, and I don't think there's any standard construction.

I've had a few made and they're among my favorite jackets. I've posted pics of them over the years and you could find them by searching my posts in this thread or in others with "Luxire" in it. Here's four in one post.

Hope yours turns out well!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads