• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Dan Dynamic

Reaction score
A guy from several threads back made a jacket in cotton. I think that cotton fabric is configured to be used primarily for trousers but apparently it can be made for jackets as well. I wonder if that is cheaper. I plan to send a suitsupply jacket for replication and use the cotton trial fabric.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Coupon codes:
10FEBSHIRT300 10% of shirts orders above $300
20FEBSHIRT750 20% of shirts orders above $750

10FEBPANTS300 10% of pants orders above $300
20FEBPANTS750 20% of pants orders above $750

ALL PRODUCTS:
10FEBALL400 10% of orders above $400
20FEBALL900 20% of orders above $900
FEBSALE 5% off all orders

FEBGC - 5% off $1500 gift card.
All codes now also work on Luxire.de

dynemacron

Reaction score
Yeah this wouldn’t be a formal suit or anything - just as a travel suit most likely.

Just want to mainly use it to get my jacket sizing down before I spend more money on more expensive fabrics.

A guy from several threads back made a jacket in cotton. I think that cotton fabric is configured to be used primarily for trousers but apparently it can be made for jackets as well. I wonder if that is cheaper. I plan to send a suitsupply jacket for replication and use the cotton trial fabric.
I opted to get a suit from Luxire to see how it would come out. I'd recommend their suit in the Dugdale Fine New Worsted in Grey. I received it a few weeks ago (it took longer also probably because I told them I would be traveling for a while so I didn't want to risk having them send it when I was gone.

This is based off of me supplying only the measurements of a jacket I have + photos supplied to them so they could adjust based on my desire. There are a few things that I'd talk to them about to see if we can improve it for future orders, but the back is definitely much better than the back of most of my jackets, and they were able to get the shoulders fit and armhole pretty down from just measurements and photos. I will say, I am really impressed with the quality of the work.

Attachments

• PXL_20230225_230818580.jpg
    PXL_20230225_230818580.jpg
    297.8 KB · Views: 305
  • PXL_20230225_231850793.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20230225_231850793.PORTRAIT.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 1,120
  • PXL_20230225_231906629.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20230225_231906629.PORTRAIT.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 1,273

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have pants using this fabric? The weight seems a bit heavy, but I wondered if it breathes well enough to wear cool.

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have pants using this fabric? The weight seems a bit heavy, but I wondered if it breathes well enough to wear cool.

I have a few pairs in different colours. It’s a great spring-summer fabric for London - I suspect it’d be too heavy for somewhere that gets really hot, but it’s got wonderful drape and wears a lot cooler than the thickness / weight would suggest.

brokencycle

Reaction score

I don't have olive, but I have other colors. They're great. I live in the humid SE US where they breathe nicely but do a good job holding their drape and not looking rumply like normal linen pants.

Dan Dynamic

Reaction score
I opted to get a suit from Luxire to see how it would come out. I'd recommend their suit in the Dugdale Fine New Worsted in Grey. I received it a few weeks ago (it took longer also probably because I told them I would be traveling for a while so I didn't want to risk having them send it when I was gone.

This is based off of me supplying only the measurements of a jacket I have + photos supplied to them so they could adjust based on my desire. There are a few things that I'd talk to them about to see if we can improve it for future orders, but the back is definitely much better than the back of most of my jackets, and they were able to get the shoulders fit and armhole pretty down from just measurements and photos. I will say, I am really impressed with the quality of the work.
I am impressed. Is it full canvas?

Last edited:

dynemacron

Reaction score
I am impressed. Is it full canvas?
Yes. I think they were going to make it full canvas as a base option. I did pay a small fee to get the jacket hand padded. Which, I have to admit was a risk seeing as I didn't know how it would turn out. One thing I need to talk to them about is if they can go with a lighter canvas, which I am sure they can. The jacket that I had them emulate is a vintage Neapolitan one.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a few pairs in different colours. It’s a great spring-summer fabric for London - I suspect it’d be too heavy for somewhere that gets really hot, but it’s got wonderful drape and wears a lot cooler than the thickness / weight would suggest.

I don't have olive, but I have other colors. They're great. I live in the humid SE US where they breathe nicely but do a good job holding their drape and not looking rumply like normal linen pants.
Thanks! I’ll probably give it a try duplicating a pair of casual pants I like.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Coupon codes:
10FEBSHIRT300 10% of shirts orders above $300
20FEBSHIRT750 20% of shirts orders above $750

10FEBPANTS300 10% of pants orders above $300
20FEBPANTS750 20% of pants orders above $750

ALL PRODUCTS:
10FEBALL400 10% of orders above $400
20FEBALL900 20% of orders above $900
FEBSALE 5% off all orders

FEBGC - 5% off $1500 gift card.

The sale is a good opportunity to stock up on some of your favorites.

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes. I think they were going to make it full canvas as a base option. I did pay a small fee to get the jacket hand padded. Which, I have to admit was a risk seeing as I didn't know how it would turn out. One thing I need to talk to them about is if they can go with a lighter canvas, which I am sure they can. The jacket that I had them emulate is a vintage Neapolitan one.
Seems like a very good ground to work from.

Last edited:

BoomDiggs

Reaction score
I have asked something like this before and got no response, but has anyone here used Luxire to make cycling kit, specifically a jersey? I am not the right size for 99% of off the rack kit and if I could capably get a cold weather jersey from Luxire I would likely do so.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads