1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. BillyMays

BillyMays Member

Does anyone have a good picture of their extra slim fit with it on? I want to know if this is like shrink wrap and better suited for going out than for business shirts.

2. topos

topos Senior member

Are you sure you're in the right thread? While Luxire appears to make (made?) some "standard" shirts (those found in their clearance section), these are custom-made shirts you're asking about, so your question doesn't make any sense in this context. If by chance you are referring to the shirts appearing in their clearance section, they have measurements which you can compare to a shirt you own, thus giving you an idea how they might fit. Also: the real Billy Mays, were he alive, would probably post in all caps.

3. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

okay, thanks!

Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
  4. BillyMays

BillyMays Member

Haha yes. In the body measurements section it says to provide your preference.

5. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Senior member

+1.

Flannel suits are a small step down in formality from your traditional worsteds, but a solid colored flannel is not a casual suit. Solid linen on the other hand is much more on the casual end.

6. luxire

luxire Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Some Luxurious fabrics for pants and suits added: Produced by Lanificio F.lli Cerruti dal 1881, made from the finest Australian Merino Wools and Inner Mongolian Cashmere.

The Cerruti Collection

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. topos

topos Senior member

I see. It never occurred to me to do anything other than provide my own measurements. I bet if you email them they can give you the measurements for the various fits. It might even be helpful for this to be available on their website for those who are providing their own measurements to have something to compare to.

8. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

Just received my first order of a couple of button-down collar shirts, one in linen and one in an oxford cloth. The measurements I provided were from a bespoke shirt. The order took a little while longer than expected to be made up, because a fabric was out of stock. Every other part of the order process was smooth & streamlined.

First impressions:
    - excellent quality. Not just for the price, but actually really well-made regardless of price. Accurate stitching, no off seams, everything attached strongly, etc, etc.
    - all measurements & details done exactly as requested, first time.
    - very nice shape/roll to the collar. I'm not a roll fetishist, unlike some, but even I can see when it's done well.
    - will definitely be ordering more.

I made a slight error on the collar band height I wrote down on the order (0.25" too high, so not a big issue and the slightly higher band height looks nice anyway) that I'll correct in future. Once I check for any shrinkage after first wash, I'll be ordering many more shirts. First I'm going to add all the remaining buttondown collar shirts I need, and tag onto that order one regular business shirt in order to get its collar shape right. Once that's sorted, I'll be able to order the business shirts I need to replace my existing, aging & somewhat fraying set.

Good job Luxire.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
    7 people like this.
  9. kulata

kulata Senior member

Pics or it didn't happen.

10. PtrckHmphrys

PtrckHmphrys Senior member

I've been wondering: why do you get so many suiting fabrics when suiting isn't (at least not currently) your primary area of specialty? Personally, I'd love to see more separates fabrics—heavy flannels, cavalry twills, corduroys, moleskins, cotton twills. People ordering full suits must be your lowest demand, but going through your fabrics (in the 'Pants' section) you have a lot of worsteds and patterns that no-one will want as odd trousers. Not that I'm complaining. [​IMG]

11. ammanati

ammanati Senior member

What is the weight of these fabrics?

12. luxire

These can be ordered as suits too.
    The 95% wool, 5% Cashmere are flannels and better than most flannels one can buy. The price at $250 is an excellent bargain for the quality.

For other items too, we are adding more choices gradually.

Weights have been added to the product page. Most of them are in the 10 Oz (300 grams region)

13. luxire

Thank you Holdfast. I must say that you were kind and forgiving given the delay and the last moment intimation about the fabric.

Am glad the shirts were liked.

14. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

Luxire, any ETA on those flannels you were ordering for the Fall/Winter?

15. joewmoss

joewmoss Senior member

I think Luxire was intending to gradually move into bespoke suiting. I know they ve done it for a few people here on the forum already but I don't know how it turned out. I know they are very good at constructing the trousers and I would want a suit with trousers made by them. The jacket is a different matter....I'm waiting to see more exampls first.

Luxire, do you still intend to make suits or has that been put on hold?

16. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

17. luxire

Ain't going too well, am afraid. Still trying though.

Very much in progress, like the one below shipping this week. (cellphone image)

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  18. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

:(

Hope you're able to source something. Would be nice to have something between the $90 wool/poly and the $300 Minnis.

BTW, that is definitely the best jacket pic I have seen from you guys. Is it a copy of an existing garment or did the owner just provide measurements?

19. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Big +1...that jacket looks fantastic. I'd love to get something just like that at some point. In fact, I may want to copy that exact jacket, with just the measurement changes to reflect my size.

20. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

Definitely. Based on that picture, if I could just take that pattern and provide my own measurements, I'd be pretty happy.

In other words, Luxire, you guys should learn that pattern well. Well enough that you can recreate it without the mother garment there if necessary. Cause that jacket is light years ahead of the other ones I have seen from you guys.