• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My experience was good as well but for one pair with a light weight fabric, they should’ve used an extra layer above the button closure. Now the button shape is very visible when closed

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Shades of Blue Tattersall

1657048734075.png

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
What do people think of cargo pants - They are the most selling pants style in cotton around the world, though they do not have sartorial approval.

I think they are practical, in the absence of jacket pockets in summer.

1657048952566.png

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking for some advice on collar structure for a couple linen shirts. For cotton shirts I usually go with lightly lined + unfused for all but the classic heavy oxfords.

Will that work for linen as well or do I need to fuse/more heavily line them? I’ll do 1 button down collar and 1 spread.

tilesomoole

Reaction score
What do people think of cargo pants - They are the most selling pants style in cotton around the world, though they do not have sartorial approval. I think they are practical, in the absence of jacket pockets in summer.

They are practical if you need to keep a lot of things in your pockets. For instance, if you're working outside and need to carry tools / parts / accessories with you.

I work at a bank, so they would look ridiculous at the office. At most I'd have one pair on hand for yard work or car repairs, but even then it wouldn't be necessary, and I'd have them made out of something a little more sturdy than that cotton.

I probably don't represent the largest part of your customer base, though.....

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to wear them with casual jackets, bd-shirts and crew necks when travelling some years ago, no doubt influenced by Cucinelli before they became non describt and boring. I'd still consider a pair, in the right fabric and and with the right pocket design (hidden buttons, soft and fussy like peached cotton or flannel).

marchello

Reaction score
Would you mind sharing a photo of the jeans?

Jeans review:
Broken Slub Selvedge Jeans 14 Oz (link here.)

BrokenSlubSelvedgeJeans14Oz_1_1000x.jpg

Got a pair of jeans in this fabric last autumn. And it may be my best pair av Luxire jeans yet.

It has that classic blue jeans colour, not the dark-almost-black that modern selfedge jeans often have. After a couple of washes the colour has moved into classic dad jeans territory.

More importantly: The jeans arn't rigid, they are soft. Straight out of the box. Still solid, but that 2% Spandex/Elastane (and the slub?) really makes a huge difference.

I've recommended Luxire jeans before, and I still feel jeans are their best offer moneywise. I've worn out several pairs the last few years. My only gripe with them in general are the fabric used to line the pockets. I've ripped holes in my front pockets at the internal pocket seam in all my jeans. It's not a question of if, only a question of when.

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking for some advice on collar structure for a couple linen shirts. For cotton shirts I usually go with lightly lined + unfused for all but the classic heavy oxfords.

Will that work for linen as well or do I need to fuse/more heavily line them? I’ll do 1 button down collar and 1 spread.
Anyone have experience with this?

tilesomoole

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with this?

I am now getting all of my shirts with the fused medium collar except for oxfords. I have the seashell cotton linen shirt with a fused medium spread collar and the collar is great. No wrinkling curling up or falling flat under a jacket.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads