Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Syeknom

Syeknom Senior member

The pale blue poplin 2/100 is a fantastic colour but wrinkles really easily and is quite a dry fabric to the touch.

2. GradSchooler

GradSchooler Senior member

I also have that fabric and would agree with the above. Not saying I wouldn't get another shirt in it (the price is good) but not the most comfortable shirt I own.

3. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

This. It'll do the job just fine though.

4. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

Thanks guys.

Im fine with the dryness--I actually kind of like that. Wrinkles are a bit more annoying, but definitely not a deal breaker.

Wish they had another end-on-end though. I love that subtle texture.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2013
  5. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

6. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

You didn't really just ask about the sky blue summer chambray. No way.

Search the thread.

7. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

Yeah, I just searched and see tons of stuff about it. Will amend my comment to just the first one :)

Strange that NOBD's seems to have hairline stripes to it. Still looks nice.

8. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

With my next order I'm getting a swatch of the pale blue poplin summer, that one looked pretty good to me and I was also wondering what makes it "summer." Still haven't received my first order yet though, hopefully it will come this week.

9. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Yeah its not actually chambray. Not sure why luxire hasn't changed it. But its gorgeous either way. Mine is arriving tomorrow.

10. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Any chance at some pink linen shades?

Also, I would love an extreme closeup on a hand-sewn buttonhole. :foo:

11. aglose

aglose Senior member

It takes roughly two weeks to have a shirt made up? Also, if I provide my body measurements how are they altered to make the shirt? Last thing, for the contrasting button holes, you just put that in the comments?

12. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

collar questions:

for those of you who have ordered the button down collar, do you like the collar? or do you add modifications to it.

also, do people like the semi spread collar? (i've seen the NOBD collar, but I didn't want the extreme spread, wanted more of the semi spread version)

13. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

[​IMG]
    Here's my standard BD from Luxire. You can click for a bigger picture. I felt it was good enough. I don't buy in to the crazy collar roll crap. I focus my thoughts elsewhere, as long as it's something good.

I love the NOBD collar. I'm sheepishly following NOBD on that collar for a few shirts.

14. fridayfrenzy

fridayfrenzy Senior member

Just wondering if you were able to find out if the swim trunks were a possibility. I am very interested in the style pictured above.

15. PtrckHmphrys

PtrckHmphrys Senior member

I have a question for anyone who wishes to respond: is there a standard depth/width for trouser pleats? I don't mean for Luxire trousers necessarily, but just for good tailoring in general. After surveying inspiration (internet pics) for my Luxire chino order, I feel as if I prefer the look of pleats that appear deeper and dislike those that appear shallower, but can't tell if that feeling is sheer nonsense and over-thinking, having had no experience with pleated trousers. However, entertaining this thought just a bit longer, it appears to me that the 'deeper' pleats I prefer are in the region of 0.5"+ whereas the 'shallower' pleats I dislike are approx. 0.25". The reason I prefer the deeper pleats is that they appear more substantial and continue the flow of the line through the centre crease, as pleats are supposed to, whereas the shallower pleats tend to lack this presence and just lay open and splayed.

To illustrate what I mean, I've pulled two examples, Kent Haste & Lachter on the left ('deep' pleats) and Luxire on the right ('shallow' pleats—no offense to original uploader or Luxire, it was the quickest example I could find):

[​IMG]

The picture had to be small, unfortunately, but notice how the deeper pleats on the left (which look to be 0.5" if not 0.75") sit and flow much more proudly than the shallower ones (0.25" I'd say) on the right. Those on the left are also forward pleats, which some claim to sit nicer than reverse pleats, and are set into the waistband without the gap between as on the right picture, which may help things.