• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

tilesomoole

Reaction score
Any recommendations?
I have the 140/2 fabric with an italian collar - looks fantastic under a jacket. Slight sheen, nice and sturdy. Opaque. It's a steal at $89.

mkn90

Reaction score
I have the 140/2 fabric with an italian collar - looks fantastic under a jacket. Slight sheen, nice and sturdy. Opaque. It's a steal at $89.

thanks mate. Does it wrinkle a lot? And can you see through it?

tilesomoole

Reaction score
Does it wrinkle a lot? And can you see through it?
As I say, it's opaque. It wrinkles as much as any high-quality twill shirt. That is to say, moderately. Neither should matter if you're wearing it under a jacket. The fabric is excellent when ironed normally.

If you're concerned about wrinkling, go for a non-iron fabric. Do note, however, that even 'non-iron' fabric will wrinkle to some extent, and eventually the non-iron treatment will wash out of the shirt and it will wrinkle normally.

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You mean shirt wise? Depends on what you're looking for. All my shirts are from Luxire.
Yeah, dress shirts.

My old luxire dress shirts (luxire house fabric) are starting to wear out so Im looking into fabric options for some new shirts..

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, dress shirts.

My old luxire dress shirts (luxire house fabric) are starting to wear out so Im looking into fabric options for some new shirts..
Most of my shirts are Brembana and Albini. I'm happy with them as everyday shirts.

I also think the cheaper end-on-end options are great value for everyday shirts. I have multiple in light blue and use them to work. The surface is interesting enough while they hold up fairly well offering great value if you, like me, regard shirts as simple canvases. I'm rarely the one that wants my shirt to headline the outfit. For that purpose, the cheaper end-on-end works great.

Dan Dynamic

Reaction score
A question about sending a measurement sample for Luxire versus just measuring an already existing pair of trousers:

I am going to buy a pair of De Petrillo trousers off the rack which fits me almost perfectly. I was thinking of sending the pair of trousers to Luxire so they could copy the fit, but what would be the difference if I were to just measure the pants myself pursuant to the measurement guide on the Luxire website and send said measurements? I am afraid the De Petrillo trousers would get lost during the shipment.

Blastwice

Reaction score
A question about sending a measurement sample for Luxire versus just measuring an already existing pair of trousers:

I am going to buy a pair of De Petrillo trousers off the rack which fits me almost perfectly. I was thinking of sending the pair of trousers to Luxire so they could copy the fit, but what would be the difference if I were to just measure the pants myself pursuant to the measurement guide on the Luxire website and send said measurements? I am afraid the De Petrillo trousers would get lost during the shipment.
What I did to get my perfect trouser fit:
  1. Measured my best fitting trousers via their measurement guide (not hard, but I'm not an expert)
    • There were 1-2 measurements I wasn't totally sure if I was measuring the right thing
  2. Bought a pair of trousers; checked my original pants vs. the ones I ordered; examined the fit and measured both pairs to understand the things I got wrong
  3. Corrected the fudged measurements for 2nd pair
I probably could have just asked support and they would have clarified (how to correctly measure the places I was not sure of).

In your case I might: measure the pair you like, take photos front and back, talk to support and describe any issues you like or don't like about the pants and give them the measurements and they can probably get it spot on for you without sending anything, IMO.

Dan Dynamic

Reaction score
I suppose this would be a good option. The trousers I am buying is actually a pair of non-Gurkha trousers but I would like to buy a pair of Gurkha trousers some day. However, I suppose the rise would be difficult to get right if I would base the measurement for the Gurkha trousers on my non-Gurkha trousers.

steiger

Reaction score
I'v now put in my first order for a full suit at luxire. I had a pair of old luxire trousers at home that (didn't really fit me) I sent pictures of me wearing them and sent them back for some adjustments and then they would take that model and make the trousers for the suit.
The measurements for the jacket I wore an old jacket (It's a bit tight in some areas) I have at home and sent them pictures of it for suggestions for alterations and then sent the jacket to them to use as "base measurements" and then make adjustments from there.
They told me usual turaround is about 3-4 weeks if I'm in no rush as in a planned event or such. I told them I'm in not rush to get the suit but it was nice of them to ask.

Question to @luxire (putting it here in the forum as it may concern others too)

I got sent this link for suit alternatives https://luxire.com/collections/suit-collection/
There are not that many alternatives to choose from, is this something you are planning to add to? Different price ranges etc?

Thanks

nubirth

Reaction score
@luxire Can the new hidden elastic waistband be added to trousers with a Hollywood style waistband?

Featured Sponsor

What do you spend most of your clothing budget on?

• Outerwear

• Tailoring

• Sportswear

• Footwear

• Accessories

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katemaribell