• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

tilesomoole

Reaction score
Question to those with experience.

Two things that I've experienced:

1. If you want the exact same fit, I don't think I would change the measurements. Most people wear their oxfords a bit looser than their fitted dress shirts, though, so if that's the case for you I would adjust. For me, going from a thinner shirt fabric (the Monti light blue tattersall, to be precise) to a thicker (Dugdale flannel), I did increase the yoke, chest, waist, and sleeve length just slightly to allow for the thicker fabric and a just slightly looser fit. It worked perfectly, and if I were to order an oxford I would use the larger measurements.

2. The shirt will shrink, so allow for that. If you're willing to commit to hang-drying the shrinkage will be minimal, but if you're going to put it in a dryer ever, I would definitely adjust. Personally, I added 1/2" to the collar, 3/4" to the sleeves, 1.5" to the length, and 1/2" to the body and waist. That worked just right, so now I can dry that shirt.

Let us know how you get on!

The Dirty Pigeon

Reaction score
I am enjoying my latest OCBDs recently ordered in the Classic Blue Oxford with the "Osaka Button Down" collar scaled down to work for my smaller measurements (I'm 5' 6"). I'm planning to get more in white, light blue university stripe and navy.
IMG_1358.jpeg

Last edited:

tilesomoole

Reaction score
I am enjoying my latest OCBDs

Thank you for posting. I have a hard time imagining what the color choices will look like in real life. That is very helpful.

Do you know if you can adjust the pocket size?

Edit....... should read collar choices not color

The Dirty Pigeon

Reaction score
Thank you for posting. I have a hard time imagining what the color choices will look like in real life. That is very helpful.

Do you know if you can adjust the pocket size?

Edit....... should read collar choices not color

Yes. I was very specific about pocket size, pocket placement and collar size. Placket and button spacing as well.

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Black friday haul made it to Norway. The Seashell cotton-linen is more translucent than I hoped for, but the other fabrics are great.

IMG_20211215_231151.jpg

Last edited:

tilesomoole

Reaction score
Seashell cotton-linen is more translucent than I hoped for

Ha...I have the same shirt. I wore it without an undershirt this summer and it was fine - the seams are noticeably lighter, but nobody could see chest hair or anything....

How is the fit on the jeans? I am on the fence about ordering some. Pocket placement and size is an issue for me.

Reaction score
Black friday haul made it to Norway. The Seashell cotton-linen is more translucent than I hoped for, but the other fabrics are great.
Are the jeans are made up in this cloth? How's the drape, provided one can even consider drape on a pair of jeans? :D

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ha...I have the same shirt. I wore it without an undershirt this summer and it was fine - the seams are noticeably lighter, but nobody could see chest hair or anything....

How is the fit on the jeans? I am on the fence about ordering some. Pocket placement and size is an issue for me.

I took measurments of a pair i own and like very much. I am happy with the fit!

Are the jeans are made up in this cloth? How's the drape, provided one can even consider drape on a pair of jeans? :D

Yes, it is that cloth. It behaves as a nice heavy denim cloth. Rather soft, not stiff as raw denim.

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
X-post and self-quote from the unfunded liabilities thread.

Does anyone have experience with the blackwatch tartan fabrics that luxire offers?

I am going to have luxire make me a pair of blackwatch tartan trousers to wear with a navy velvet shawl collar dinner jacket I own. The combo will be worn probably one to two times per year during Christmas and NYE.

Luxire offer two different blackwatch fabrics.

VBC 100 % wool. 12 oz

E. Thomas 90/10 % wool/cashmere 9.5 oz

Both cost 200 USD. The e Thomas looks some what more muted in the pictures. The VBC migth drape better and probably last longer, but with the infrequent wear I am not too concerned about durability. I Generally run hot, but I am not sure if the E. Thomas will wear cooler.

Do any of you own one of these fabrics?
Which fabric would you choose?

Blastwice

Reaction score
My thought on the difference between those two is going to be the thickness of the wool (VBC option looks like a thicker flannel) whereas the cashmere blend of the E Thomas cloth should make it of similar warmth vs. the thicker VBC.

I might go as far as to say if it's just a pair of pants, go with the VBC, but for a suit, maybe the E Thomas.

midnightnavy

Reaction score
I just received my second shirt from Luxire and was curious if anyone else has had this happen. I requested your regular center box pleat on the back of the shirt, but what I got was unlike any center pleat I have ever seen. It runs down the entire length of the shirt and is stitched into place. Is this typical?

Attachments

•  pleat.jpeg
    pleat.jpeg
    43.6 KB · Views: 193
  • pleat detail.jpg
    pleat detail.jpg
    330.4 KB · Views: 203

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I just received my second shirt from Luxire and was curious if anyone else has had this happen. I requested your regular center box pleat on the back of the shirt, but what I got was unlike any center pleat I have ever seen. It runs down the entire length of the shirt and is stitched into place. Is this typical?

Like all other styles, we also make many different types of center pleats for the varied types of requests we receive.

If this is not what you desired, do send us an email and we will quickly set it right for you.

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@luxire

Do you have the VBC and E Thomas Black watch fabrics in store?

How would you compare them? Can you post side by side photos?

Thanks!

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire

Do you have the VBC and E Thomas Black watch fabrics in store?

How would you compare them? Can you post side by side photos?

Thanks!
Yes, both fabrics are available.
Will share thoughts on comparison and image shortly.

joman8390

Reaction score
@luxire

do you allow customers to provide their own fabric (one you don’t carry) for trousers? If so, what would the cost be?

thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads