1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. omgitswes

omgitswes Senior member

Has anyone purchased the Dark Raw denim? I'm interested in seeing how dark they really are. I'm looking for something solid black

2. An Acute Style

An Acute Style Senior member

My shirt is in transit. It should be here by Wednesday. It's kinda fun watching it globetrot. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Agreed. And it's really fast, too.. if it's not held up. Yours wasn't, or so it seems.

Can't wait to view pictures.

4. Garasaki

Garasaki Senior member

My order showed up on my credit card today. YAY!!!!

5. An Acute Style

An Acute Style Senior member

I ordered some shirts from Modern Tailor a few years ago. They sent me pictures of the shirts before they shipped them. That was pretty exciting. Also, given some of the quality control issues, it would be nice if Luxire sent photos before shipping. Oh, the suspense.

6. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
  7. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

I guess. But realistically, the pictures wouldn't show much. I wouldn't be able to tell any of the problems I've had from pictures.

8. OlafG

OlafG Senior member

I have. They're not black but a pretty dark indigo. I don't have them here so I can't take a picture, but yeah, not black.

9. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

I forgot MT used to do that, been a long time since I ordered from them. It's true, you wouldn't be able to fix an fit issues from a picture, but it was kinda cool and always got me more excited for my shirt that was en route.

1 person likes this.
  10. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

Are all minnis and dugdale the same price? (Asking because I want one on the website that's not on the luxire site)

11. Dingusberry

Dingusberry Senior member

I just received my navy twill chinos, and I am happy with the fit and fabrics. But I only have a problem with the pockets, which I think is my fault.
    Does anyone know what the term is called when the pockets widens to the side because the pants are too small/tight? It was mentioned in this thread, but I can't search it up, since I don't know what it's called. And how do I prevent it from happening again next time I order pants?

12. OlafG

OlafG Senior member

It's called pocket flare and it's because the pants are too tight in the seat. I'm guessing you would have to alter the hip measurements, but I'm not sure as I haven't ordered any pants from Luxire that fit.

1 person likes this.
  13. Turner

Turner Senior member

Thanks, the red oxford seems just right for my purpose. You did add the classic red only a few hours ago, didn't you? I was searching your website high and low before posting.

Question regarding the knitted pique to those who got a shirt in this fabric: did you observe a noticable stretch, particularily in the sleeves, when wearing the shirt over the day or keeping it on a hanger? My other pique shirts' sleeves stretch quite a bit over the day. The sleeves look 1-2 inches too long in the evening and the top button is prone of poping off, so I'm storing these shirts folded in the drawer.

Did you adjust your measurements because of that (slightly shorter arms, tighter body)? The fabric feels quite stretchy, so I want to get the pique shirts right.

14. luxire

luxire Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Yes, we had it in stock since the last few weeks. You inspired us to add it.

15. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

are the linen/cotton-linen shirts see-through, or are they a good thickness? thats my only worry about ordering them is the excessive wrinkles, and the tendency of linen to be see-through in light colors.

16. fridayfrenzy

fridayfrenzy Senior member

The issue isn't necessarily the seat. You can have a saggy seat and still have pocket flare. Pocket flare is mainly due to the hip width.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
  17. OlafG

OlafG Senior member

The new logo looks nice!

18. Spurious

Spurious Senior member

So, here are my scanned swatches:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9 people like this.
  19. topos

topos Senior member

Wow, thanks for that. While it won't stop me from ordering some of the same swatches just to be sure, it certainly helps with some of those fabrics like the khaki-navy twill whose name and picture on Luxire's site don't quite match my expectation.

20. burnso

burnso Senior member

Gather round linen lovers.

I want to have this following linen made, and Luxire have said that with "5 confirmed orders" they will be happy to make it.
    Its a light grey and light blue stripe, on white.

[​IMG]

I guess when/ if there is enough interest we'll suss out how to place the orders.

Need 4 more. Look at it, its lovely, I don't know how you could resist.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2013