• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Got a reply of the Augsburger Knopffabrik, they produce buttons from buffalo horn, buckhorn and ivory nut.
Special orders can be had from 500 buttons per design.
They only sell, but don't seem to produce mother of pearl buttons. Bummer!

Bummer indeed. Have you asked where they source their MoP?

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last time I got very quick replies, this time no reply at all.
Was posting here to bring it to their attention.
It happens. They get busy. I'd PM them though. I try to hold off on posting in an affiliates thread until it's really really necessary. Learned my lesson.

kresso

Reaction score
I am wondering if asking Luxire to do an interview suit for me would be a good idea (I have no well fitting suits or shirts currently). I am currently a PhD student and will be graduating in December and will not be going into acedemia and also don't know why types of industry I will be applying in so I want to be generally prepared. I have been going to the thrift stores and haven't been able to find a suit that fits me. I am 6'3" tall, 38" chest with a 34" waist which I find make it hard to find good fitting clothing. I just got some Black Allen Edmond Park Ave as a gift so that is the shoe I will be wearing. I am wondering if the grey fabric http://luxire.com/collections/pants/products/dugdale-grey-plain-8961 is too light, or if I should go for something darker like the http://luxire.com/collections/pants/products/dugdale-dark-grey-plain-8962 (the dark grey). My personal preference is the normal grey, but I don't want to come off weird in an interview. Thanks so much!

Last edited:

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am wondering if asking Luxire to do an interview suit for me, and am wondering if that would be a good idea (I have no well fitting suits or shirts currently). I am currently a PhD student and will be graduating in December and will not be going into acedemia and also don't know why types of industry I will be applying in so I want to be generally prepared. I have been going to the thrift stores and haven't been able to find a suit that fits me. I am 6'3" tall, 38" chest with a 34" waist which I find make it hard to find good fitting clothing. I just got some Black Allen Edmond Park Ave as a gift so that is the shoe I will be wearing. I am wondering if the grey fabric http://luxire.com/collections/pants/products/dugdale-grey-plain-8961 is too light, or if I should go for something darker like the http://luxire.com/collections/pants/products/dugdale-dark-grey-plain-8962 (the dark grey). My personal preference is the normal grey, but I don't want to come off weird in an interview. Thanks so much!
Not even reading the fabric choices, you should talk to Luxire directly about this. It's not a terrible idea but the idea that you don't have anything to go off of is scary. You pay for the remakes if the measurements are what you specified. Luxire does best when working with a previously established template.

Maybe find a cheap coat that fits in the shoulders, measure, alter from there through Luxire.

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not even reading the fabric choices, you should talk to Luxire directly about this. It's not a terrible idea but the idea that you don't have anything to go off of is scary. You pay for the remakes if the measurements are what you specified. Luxire does best when working with a previously established template. 

Maybe find a cheap coat that fits in the shoulders, measure, alter from there through Luxire.

This. I would never recommend someone go MTM, especially a more "free-form" MTM like Luxire, until they have quite a few well-fitting suits and are a very well informed consumer that knows exactly what he wants and how to describe it.

Go to Brooks Brothers for an interview suit.

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This. I would never recommend someone go MTM, especially a more "free-form" MTM like Luxire, until they have quite a few well-fitting suits and are a very well informed consumer that knows exactly what he wants and how to describe it.

Go to Brooks Brothers for an interview suit.
Not even that.
  1. Go to H&M
  2. Buy crappy SC and pants that fit the way you want
  3. Send pictures and measurements to Therese and/or the Tailor Fit/Feedback thread
  4. Order Luxire Product
  5. Return H&M
  6. ???
  7. Profit.

kresso

Reaction score
Not even that.
  1. Go to H&M
  2. Buy crappy SC and pants that fit the way you want
  3. Send pictures and measurements to Therese and/or the Tailor Fit/Feedback thread
  4. Order Luxire Product
  5. Return H&M
  6. ???
  7. Profit.
That is a great idea. You are pure genius!

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is a great idea. You are pure genius!
I've never done it but if I were in your shoes, this is exactly what I would do. Maybe Luxire will eventually have trial jackets to send around but until then, this is your best bet.

Pay attention to the things you think are not that big of a deal now but will bite you **********. You may want to change the jacket length, button stance, lapel width, etc, of the jacket. So take note of everything. You just want to go for the size, not the style.

smoothmoose

Reaction score

I am wondering if asking Luxire to do an interview suit for me would be a good idea (I have no well fitting suits or shirts currently). I am currently a PhD student and will be graduating in December and will not be going into acedemia and also don't know why types of industry I will be applying in so I want to be generally prepared. I have been going to the thrift stores and haven't been able to find a suit that fits me. I am 6'3" tall, 38" chest with a 34" waist which I find make it hard to find good fitting clothing. I just got some Black Allen Edmond Park Ave as a gift so that is the shoe I will be wearing. I am wondering if the grey fabric http://luxire.com/collections/pants/products/dugdale-grey-plain-8961 is too light, or if I should go for something darker like the http://luxire.com/collections/pants/products/dugdale-dark-grey-plain-8962 (the dark grey). My personal preference is the normal grey, but I don't want to come off weird in an interview. Thanks so much!
Just wondering why you have only been looking at Thrift stores? I know being a PhD student you probably have more debt than anything. But do you have budget for an MTM suit? I believe what I see here, Luxire suits will run $500+, other online MTM like Indochino, Black Lapel, Dragon Inside, etc. are in the $450+ range? The advice to find something off the rack is good for your first suit, but as you said, it may not be that easy if your body shape/size is not "typical".

kresso

Reaction score
Just wondering why you have only been looking at Thrift stores? I know being a PhD student you probably have more debt than anything. But do you have budget for an MTM suit? I believe what I see here, Luxire suits will run $500+, other online MTM like Indochino, Black Lapel, Dragon Inside, etc. are in the $450+ range?

The advice to find something off the rack is good for your first suit, but as you said, it may not be that easy if your body shape/size is not "typical".
I have been looking at Thrift stores because I can't find any clothing that fits me well. Sorry if I said only at the thrift store, I meant that is where I have been looking lately. Also I live in a small midwestern town so I don't have a ton of options too close and even when I was in a Chicago Brooks Brothers, I didn't seem to find anything that fit really well (granted I only went there once and didn't look at any other stores). Most of their suits seemed expensive when I could get a MTM one that would probably fit better. I see a lot of places online I can get 40L but 38L seems to be a lot harder.

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have been looking at Thrift stores because I can't find any clothing that fits me well. Sorry if I said only at the thrift store, I meant that is where I have been looking lately. Also I live in a small midwestern town so I don't have a ton of options too close and even when I was in a Chicago Brooks Brothers, I didn't seem to find anything that fit really well (granted I only went there once and didn't look at any other stores). Most of their suits seemed expensive when I could get a MTM one that would probably fit better. I see a lot of places online I can get 40L but 38L seems to be a lot harder.
You didn't specify you were a 38L. Well, then I have a little more to say, being a 38L.

There's an entire thread dedicated to 38L, due to the rarity. There are places to get 38L suits, like SuitSupply but it looks really bad in my opinion since they don't justify button stance.

Sending you another PM.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Luxire,

I've sent an email, you havent replied (sent it on the weekend, have since resent it twice), I am ready to order shirts, but I need your input.

Apologies. Lot of mails are un-replied in the last week or so. Will be back on track by this weekend.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics