• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shout out to Luxire's customer service team. I asked for a remodelled shirt collar by adjusting some measurements and angles. To my pleasant surprise, Luxire made a template of the new collar, prepared the shirt with a prototype collar stitched to it and sent me pictures of how it looks with the new adjustments for me to confirm whether it is satisfactory or not. I didn't ask for it initially. I didn't even know this was an option. This is how customer service should be: doing a little more than is expected to satisfy customers.

Thank you, Luxire. I'm really eager to receice the new product.

Elessar

Reaction score
Sent a PM!

1. For thick fabrics, a small increase in waist measurement is done.

2. We would suggest copying the measurements from your well fitting pair of flat front pants. Once we are comfortable wih the fit, adding pleats(to the pattern) is not an issue.

3. If going for D ring waistband, the adjustment allowance is about an inch.

4. We prewash all fabrics, which reduces shrinkage. SOme fabrics do still shrink marginally over time. We can also wash the pants before hemming to stem the chances of shrinkage further.

5. Almost anything can be changed. There are no known limitations.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

TomWambsgans

Reaction score
To the post above, will explain a few points that I have understood over the years:

Trouser patterns come in different shapes. For easier understanding, will generalize and simplify a few things here:
1. Traditional trousers were made to sit a little high on the waist, wrap comfortably around the hips and fall cleanly over the legs.
2. Jeans, on the other hand, we made to sit slightly lower and hug the body.
3. Both these items would use very different shaped patterns
4. Over time, the 2 patterns started merging - to make chinos, to make slimmer pants and quite often just because someone was trying to copy without fully understanding them.
5. Today we see a platitude of fits and pattern techniques, some of which have emerged trough hard-work and research and some through accident
6. At Luxire, with trousers being our primary product, we have devised our pattern over-time, relying on feedback. Our jeans pattern is a derivation of our trouser pattern
7. When measurements are translated into patterns, they are done onto the base pattern technique of the maker. It would result in a fit that is different. It may feel better or sometimes not.
8. If you like something of your's that fits well, we recommend that it is sent to us for replication of fit.
9. Do give the garment some initial wear if possible. Our perspective may change after the first reaction. The next pattern can be made to incorporate the preferences.
10. The initial iterations are an investment. In the long run, a well formed Luxire(or any other good tailor) pattern can really enrich our lives.
Thanks for this. I have been in contact with Luxire Customer Service about this, and it sounds like they're going to modify a pattern ('the' pattern?). If they do this, will I have separate patterns for trousers and jeans? My trousers are *perfect* and I don't want any changes to them--only to my jeans. I tried asking this over email but I think it was lost in translation.

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Assume others got the email too but:

END JULY WITH BIG SAVINGS
Use code ENDJULY and get 10% off orders $500 or more
Today only

teknique22

Reaction score
Hey @luxire - I feel taken advantage of over my last two orders where I purchased a shirt that you labeled as "Wrinkle Free" yet is more wrinkled through 20 minutes of wear than even my regular, 100% cotton shirts that aren't labeled as such from other vendors. Can you please let me know how I can correct this issue or if another fabric is actually wrinkle free that you offer? It doesn't make sense from my perspective to label shirts as such if they display no different properties than regular shirts. Here is my most recent order and the page description:

All the site lists is that it's "wrinkle free" - are the lycra options better? Clearly this shirt is wrinkled more than ever. What gives? Any way to correct this or offer me a way to swap it for some other actual wrinkle free fabric? If there isn't one, then please tell me so I can avoid this problem in the future. Thanks

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey @luxire - I feel taken advantage of over my last two orders where I purchased a shirt that you labeled as "Wrinkle Free" yet is more wrinkled through 20 minutes of wear than even my regular, 100% cotton shirts that aren't labeled as such from other vendors. Can you please let me know how I can correct this issue or if another fabric is actually wrinkle free that you offer? It doesn't make sense from my perspective to label shirts as such if they display no different properties than regular shirts. Here is my most recent order and the page description:

All the site lists is that it's "wrinkle free" - are the lycra options better? Clearly this shirt is wrinkled more than ever. What gives? Any way to correct this or offer me a way to swap it for some other actual wrinkle free fabric? If there isn't one, then please tell me so I can avoid this problem in the future. Thanks
That is our responsibility to set it right. Please send us an email.
Possibly a new batch of the same fabric. We will move it out of circulation and get a suitable replacement, with a fresh round of internal tests.
Apologies for the inconvenience.

teknique22

Reaction score
Possibly a new batch of the same fabric. We will move it out of circulation and get a suitable replacement, with a fresh round of internal tests.
Thanks for the quick response. I will follow up via e-mail. It's worth mentioning the fit is superior to any other shirts I own, and I love the fast turnaround. I think there is simply an error in this batch of fabric that you got and the whole reason I ordered was for the non-iron treatment. Other than this small issue, I would love to continue placing orders w/ Luxire as the fit hasn't been beaten by any other tailor. Hope we can resolve this as I love non-iron! Thanks

boot_owl

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response. I will follow up via e-mail. It's worth mentioning the fit is superior to any other shirts I own, and I love the fast turnaround. I think there is simply an error in this batch of fabric that you got and the whole reason I ordered was for the non-iron treatment. Other than this small issue, I would love to continue placing orders w/ Luxire as the fit hasn't been beaten by any other tailor. Hope we can resolve this as I love non-iron! Thanks
No dodging of responsibility, no gaslighting or talking down to customers.

Love this about Luxire. When they get it right it's phenomenal. When they get it wrong, they make it right for previous and future customers.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No dodging of responsibility, no gaslighting or talking down to customers.

Love this about Luxire. When they get it right it's phenomenal. When they get it wrong, they make it right for previous and future customers.
Yeah, I feel like I have to second this. The few times I've had issues with Luxire they've done more than enough and more than I asked for to compensate. That is one of the main reasons I keep getting back with new orders and will keep doing.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Sneakers with tailoring: yes, no, maybe?

• No, never.

• Yes, it can be done tastefully.

• Not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.