• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

BoomDiggs

Reaction score
I could use some advice re: linen suiting. I would like one in either a navy or tobacco brown. I will wear it in the depths of the midwestern American summer. This will be my first linen suit so I am not sure what weight to get and whether the fabrics enumerated below are viable options.

1) Navy Irish Linen

@luxire can you tell me what weight this is and whether you think it would make for a good suit?

2) Navy Linen Cotton Canvas

Will this be breathable enough for a suit that will be worn in the 90s and up? I know 11oz isn’t too heavy for linen but does the cotton canvas aspect make this too heavy for hot weather? Will this be too scratchy if made into an unlined suit?

3) Dugdale Tobacco Linen

Is 9oz heavy enough? As I understand it, the lighter the linen the more prone to wrinkles. Since this is the less staid of the two color options, do I run the risk of highlighting the non-conservative business dress-ness of the suit by making it in a lighter weight?

Finally, I know I want it partially unlined. Will telling @luxire I want it buggy lined suffice for directions or should I be more specific? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

boot_owl

Reaction score
I could use some advice re: linen suiting. I would like one in either a navy or tobacco brown. I will wear it in the depths of the midwestern American summer. This will be my first linen suit so I am not sure what weight to get and whether the fabrics enumerated below are viable options.

1) Navy Irish Linen

@luxire can you tell me what weight this is and whether you think it would make for a good suit?

Will this be breathable enough for a suit that will be worn in the 90s and up? I know 11oz isn’t too heavy for linen but does the cotton canvas aspect make this too heavy for hot weather? Will this be too scratchy if made into an unlined suit?

3) Dugdale Tobacco Linen

Is 9oz heavy enough? As I understand it, the lighter the linen the more prone to wrinkles. Since this is the less staid of the two color options, do I run the risk of highlighting the non-conservative business dress-ness of the suit by making it in a lighter weight?

Finally, I know I want it partially unlined. Will telling @luxire I want it buggy lined suffice for directions or should I be more specific? Any advice is greatly appreciated.
I really like the Dugdale 9oz - yes it is heavy enough, but it definitely wouldn't be anywhere close to conservative business dress. It is heavy enough to drape while performing well in my hot Australian summers

WhereNext

Reaction score

1) Navy Irish Linen

3) Dugdale Tobacco Linen

Always be specific as Luxire deals with lots of custom orders so assuming that there is just one definition for "buggy lined" (just as an example) is probably leaving yourself open to miscommunication and/or disappointment.
The cotton-canvas cloth is not scratchy, but I also wouldn't call it especially breathable or light. I have a pair of pants in it and would think a suit in it would be more Spring appropriate than 90-100 degree Summer....everyone's heat tolerance varies, though!
Just to your last point, linen suits are unlikely to be thought of as "conservative dress" in many places, no matter what the color of the suit is. Obviously, darker and more traditional colors like navy and grey would be MORE conservative, but linen is distinctly different than wool and the linen-cotton canvas has significant texture that will denote it as not particularly conservative (even though it doesn't wrinkly anything like plain linen).

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire Your denim jackets. How are they ordered? (Sizing) Are they preset sizes or do I need to figure out my sizing and send it to luxire?
Though we have standard sizes, best to do custom measurements to get the perfect fit.

chapp

Reaction score
Would it be a problem to order non-pleated trousers based off pleated trousers that I sent a few months back?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Would it be a problem to order non-pleated trousers based off pleated trousers that I sent a few months back?
Should not be as we adjust the pattern accordingly.

Rafael Loh

Reaction score
Last edited:

Proleet

Reaction score
@luxire what is the weight of these?

also, any chance you’ll be stocking a dark (olive) green linen fabric any time soon?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
1) Are there images on what handmade bartacks look like on trousers? The website does not provide enough information.
2) For the Waistband height and closure length, there is only standard and it cannot be customised with selectables- Is this a bug?
3) Can we change the closure from being an arrow into a rounded look like this: https://albertclothing.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/B5FC2099-1472-4959-8DE8-BE955FC06C42.png
1621260917304.png

Image of handmade bartacks

You can send us an email to customize Waistband height and closure length

Closure can be made as desired

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire what is the weight of these?

also, any chance you’ll be stocking a dark (olive) green linen fabric any time soon?
For the weight, please send us an email. As we are working with reduced staff currently, some processes are slow.

We have olive option in Dugdale. Can possibly check if available in similar quality as this navy.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Galen

Reaction score
I have a shirt collar that I really like. I think it also would work very well as a button down shirt. Planing on sending the shirt to you for replication. Can you easily convert the same collar into a button down? Anything I should think about?
Sorry if this has been asked before.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Summer Loafers: With or Without Socks?

• With socks

• No socks

Results are only viewable after voting.