• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

JPHardy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Which fabric is that? Looks great!

http://luxire.com/collections/home/products/light-blue-university-stripes-140-2

I understand. If you want a test shirt for the sample trochas (provided they're not wafer-thin), I am volunteering... :) (Haven't ordered yet.)

$45 and upwards... wow. I wouldn't mind paying, say, 5-10 dollars for more pearly ones (thanks for that term, JP, and nice shirt :)), but that's about it. I thought the premium ones were 10 extra?

Didn't know there was a premium button option, but I would be in for for $10 more.

I am happily immune to the charms (whatever they are) of pearl buttons. All of my shirts use cufflinks, so I just don't see the appeal of paying extra for things hidden behind my tie.

I don't always wear a tie with my shirts. But yes everytime you are immune to one of the SF charms, more money in pocket.

Very nice ensemble! What fabric is this, and what collar style?

http://luxire.com/collections/home/products/light-blue-university-stripes-140-2

Collar of course is the JPHARDY

It's a good thing we aren't getting retentive about this stuff. :D

Everyone has their stuff.

cbfn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I may have thin trochus for a shirt or 2 in samples, will check and confirm tomorrow.

tDgOvzr.gif

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whoa now.

Someone is anxious.

In other news, two of my shirts will be shipping by Thursday, Therese has told me. Both NOBDified (pronounced, knobbedified).

Same summer "chambray" that's not quite a chambray and the blue bengal stripe. I believe the blue bengal will look great with the unfused collar.

Also, in my remakes, I have the red candy stripe:

Same detail on the collar. Won't look as nice with the wide stripes. So I was thinking either the classic red stripe oxford or the red ecru stripes seersucker next. But either way, that cream white herringbone is on my next order. White shirts with green sport coats look so good.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd say nobodified, mrj. I pronounce NOBD nobody... No big deal, though.

Seersucker, nice. I'd order one in light blue and white if it was available. Maybe next year.

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've currently got 13 shirts total from Luxire with just 3 being plain blue. But two others being blue patterned. I need some linen and some other staple shirts. But I REALLY need pants. Like really bad. I have ZERO grey pants, one khaki and one green that fits like I'm wearing diapers. I need to get this pattern dialed in at Luxire then make a $1000+ order for pants.

eta:I have more but they're patterned. blackwatch and brown houndstooth from Epaulet. Both gorgeous but not quite flexible.

Last edited:

cbfn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which plain blue fabric do you got? Happy with it?

XFactor

Reaction score
That sounds pretty nice. Does that include shipping etc? What variety of Frescos, Crispaires, Hopsack etc do you have / can get?
I finally got around to sending off a pair of pants to be copied (twice, both in fresco). I'll be spending a lot of work time in New Orleans this summer, so that $600 whole fresco suit deal sounds pretty awesome, too. I'm excited to finally be trying Luxire, and my wife is just waiting on my results before trying out her own order.
Any such comparatives are welcome.
Can someone comment on the difference between linen/cotton blend vs. fresco interns of drape, comfort, and breathability in the summer? I have the former, but have never tried fresco before.

It's been a while since I posted there, but yes, I'm a member, I'll go and have a look for a suitable place to post them.

Re. the braces buttons, it's not the end of the world, a silly, yet very easily correctable mistake!

$450 for a jacket means I'll probably skip it and head for the $600 fresco suit!
I'll be in contact soon Luxire, again, many thanks, a remarkable service for the money.
-TTO
I am thinking the same.

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1x Sky Blue Poplin 120/2 - $89.99 each

1x Pale Blue Poplin 2/100 - $69.99 each

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]They're what I needed. Nothing super special or noteworthy.[/FONT]

Rincon

Reaction score
I like my collars pretty stiff (so they stay up under suit jacket) - anyone customized their collars/plackets to achieve that sort of goal?

Edit: I wear my shirts without ties under jacket, typically.

Last edited:

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like my collars pretty stiff (so they stay up under suit jacket) - anyone customized their collars/plackets to achieve that sort of goal?
Have you looked at the images in this thread at all?

Rincon

Reaction score
Have you looked at the images in this thread at all?
About 10 pages worth - or so. Do I need to go Nicholas Cage "National Treasure" on this baby to find the answer?

I should probably add that I typically wear no tie with the top 2 (or 3 if I am feeling exceptionally bold) buttons open.

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitely can be worked out. Email Luxire. A lot of people do it. I've got varied collars. Spread, point, curved, lined, unlined, fused, unfused, etc.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads