Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. emptym

emptym Moderator Moderator

No prob. I think the upper part of the sleeves look great. I'd just taper the cuffs a bit. As in shirts, a full upper arm through the elbow allows for easy mobility. Slim sleeves eventually lead to blown out elbows, at least ime.
    Wounderful. Thanks Ashish! Very interesting about the denim washes. The fading on the shirts someone posted indicates the fading was done after the shirt was shown. I'm guessing that would be a difficult process.

2. luxire

luxire Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Most garments are faded after they are washed. That is the standard process. That is how the facilities are designed too. The machines do not handle fabrics as well as they handle the garments.

3. clapeyron

clapeyron Senior member

What's the price point of a reversible harrington jacket? If I were to send you a bespoke shirt, could you make a jacket based on these measurements?

4. jebarne

jebarne Senior member

do you still offer a CMT option?

5. Xtra

Xtra Senior member

Excellent, Luxire!

Would the price be equivalent to the casual denim shirt (at 75$ or more? I was thinking of getting a shirt in the #4 wash on the picture here, should I just link to an image of a similar shirt when I want to order?

6. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

I agree with this. When I first started getting MTM shirts years ago, I tried to get that GQ look and all my sleeves were too slim. Would have looked great for a fashion shoot, but I ripped holes in the elbows on all of them within months. I know better now :)

7. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

8. atoms

atoms Senior member

Looks great mrjester. If I didn't have so many gingham shirts already I might add that to my list. Wear it in good health!

9. luxire

We will charge $30 extra for any other shade except the raw shade.

Yes, you can share an image of the desired shade. The exact same cannot be guaranteed, but will be similar .

10. luxire

From the shirts, we can possible copy the yoke measurement and possibly the sleeve length can be derived.

We would not know how the shirt fits as compared to how the jacket should. It is better that you provide measurements. The reversible would cost $200

11. PtrckHmphrys

PtrckHmphrys Senior member

Luxire,

I'm preparing thoughts for a prospective order (trousers and shirts). My question: Is there a limit to the extent to which I can customise the specifications? Ideally, I would wish to specify more or less every detail—this would not be to undermine your working style, but rather to prevent the headaches and issues of miscommunication I've previously experienced with online MTM (and to satisfy my OCD).

For example, with trouser pleats I notice you tend you set them with a gap approx. 0.75" below the waistband seam, in more of an Italian style. Instead, would you be willing to set pleats into the waistband with no gap between or exterior stitching, as in the picture below on the right?

[​IMG]

Also, if I'm not mistaken, you tend to stitch the fly at a width of 1.5", presumably to match your shirt plackets of the same width. Instead, could I request a slightly narrower 1.375" fly (and shirt placket, for that matter)?

These are just two examples of customisation that come to mind. However, upon ordering, there would be many more.

12. clapeyron

clapeyron Senior member

13. Simplicio

Simplicio Senior member

It looks as if this worked out fairly well, but I'm curious if you now wish that you had added more of your own custom specs. I have also just ordered a shirt with a collar height of 1.75" (Semi-spread). They told me that they would just adjust everything else so that it would be right. It seemed easiest to just give it a shot, so we'll see. I considered the English spread, but I thought it might be too wide once the height was increased.

14. Xtra

Xtra Senior member

What is the base price? 75$?

OK, thanks for all the help concerning denim shirts. :)

15. Spurious

Spurious Senior member

I need input regarding measurements.
    I quite like the fit and feel comfortable in the shirt, any excess fabric anywhere? Anything that needs to be less tight?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks guys.