• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Chrisone

Reaction score
@luxire How is the production of jeans coming along?

Still haven´t received my pre-lockdown jeans order (two new pairs to be copied from a sent in pair), so I wonder if it's bad luck on my part or if you're have some specific problems with the production line for jeans.

On the positive side Luxire split the original order and sent the two pairs of wool trousers ordered at the same time when they were ready back in july, even though I had payed for only one shipping.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Still haven´t received my pre-lockdown jeans order (two new pairs to be copied from a sent in pair), so I wonder if it's bad luck on my part or if you're have some specific problems with the production line for jeans.

On the positive side Luxire split the original order and sent the two pairs of wool trousers ordered at the same time when they were ready back in july, even though I had payed for only one shipping.
I would suggest that you send us an email. Most orders from Jan-May are shipped. Most remain for reasons like "awaiting info", "awaiting sample" etc. Remaining are in production. Being actively tracked now for early closure.

JoeBlack0

Reaction score

My jeans order from february just shipped

Last edited:

BIGBILLYBIG

Reaction score
I have the same problem with a similar color (Apple fresco cotton) indeed caused by bleach. Would it be possible to re-dye them?
We can try doing so, with a darker color.
Not a standard service we provide, but, something we do have access to.
With reference to this thread I went ahead and bought some dye at the hardware store and dyed my trousers. No trace of the bleached stain remains. Again, I allowed a stain remover meant for whites to sit on those trousers for far too long so your mileage may vary depending on the agent used. I'd imagine Luxire has access to better quality dyes so I see no reason for it not to work when going through them.

mr_igloo

Reaction score
So I received my pair of fit trial pants a couple days ago, and although its not terrible, there are a few problems.
First, the back crotch seam is too tight in my seat, resulting in the "wedgie" effect that others on here also seem to have a problem with when ordering pants from Luxire. The pants are also constraining in the crotch when I sit down.
Second, although my hip and thighs are average, the pants seem to fit too tight in this area as well. Especially given the fact that the pocket slits are cut rather small, this makes the pants feel constraining when sitting or using the pockets.
Third, the pleats open up and do not look very pronounced. In fact for a pleated pair of pants, the fronts look quite flat. I guess this is related to the fact that the hip area is a bit tight.
I find these issues a little strange because I ordered the pants with a standard "regular fit" based on my waist and inseam measurements. Most rtw pants have a better fit so it kind of defeats the purpose of mtm.

Any suggestions on how to solve these issues would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
117768138_1443511155845615_5104885488808124967_n.jpg
117771111_417898052503720_8430984397056293279_n.jpg
118033083_3858123704203355_3018803613521974347_n.png

boot_owl

Reaction score
So I received my pair of fit trial pants a couple days ago, and although its not terrible, there are a few problems.
First, the back crotch seam is too tight in my seat, resulting in the "wedgie" effect that others on here also seem to have a problem with when ordering pants from Luxire. The pants are also constraining in the crotch when I sit down.
Second, although my hip and thighs are average, the pants seem to fit too tight in this area as well. Especially given the fact that the pocket slits are cut rather small, this makes the pants feel constraining when sitting or using the pockets.
Third, the pleats open up and do not look very pronounced. In fact for a pleated pair of pants, the fronts look quite flat. I guess this is related to the fact that the hip area is a bit tight.
I find these issues a little strange because I ordered the pants with a standard "regular fit" based on my waist and inseam measurements. Most rtw pants have a better fit so it kind of defeats the purpose of mtm.

Any suggestions on how to solve these issues would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.View attachment 1441786View attachment 1441787View attachment 1441788
in my experience highlighting these issues to luxire and asking them to make appropriate changes for your next order is the best way to go. MTM and even bespoke are an iterative process, which is why luxire recommends the relatively inexpensive trial garments for your first ordsr

Quesjac

Reaction score
@luxire

Would you be able to make a 'fun shirt' like the below examples by Drake's and Ralph Lauren? In other words, do you have the same oxford fabric in multiple colors?
The "traditional" way to make a "fun shirt" is to use off-cuts from other jobs to save cloth and train tailors. It might be interesting to offer this as a service (eg. you can select all blue and white patterns, or all pastels, but the actual design is unique and uses whatever cloth is available.)

alfredt

Reaction score
The "traditional" way to make a "fun shirt" is to use off-cuts from other jobs to save cloth and train tailors. It might be interesting to offer this as a service (eg. you can select all blue and white patterns, or all pastels, but the actual design is unique and uses whatever cloth is available.)
Oh awesome, I did not know that was the origin of the fun shirt. Agreed it would be even cooler if this served an actual purpose of reducing waste at Luxire.

LuxireStudio

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

LuxireStudio

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
It is a good idea.

mr_igloo

Reaction score
in my experience highlighting these issues to luxire and asking them to make appropriate changes for your next order is the best way to go. MTM and even bespoke are an iterative process, which is why luxire recommends the relatively inexpensive trial garments for your first ordsr
Yeah, I also sent them an e-mail after posting. I just wanted to see what other users have tried to do to resolve the fit issues, and whether it works out well.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's