• Welcome to the Styleforum Approved contest! This is a contest where everyone wins: in fact, every participant will get a (highly coveted) “Styleforum approved” bracelet to flaunt to your oblivious friends. The only thing you have to do is show appreciation for a member of the forum or an affiliate vendor.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

JoeBlack0

Reaction score
It's their standard button-down collar.
I still have an order of 1 pair of pants and 1 shirt from 3/13 that I still haven't received and is listed as "unfulfilled" on the website. I've reached out twice and gotten generic backlog emails from customer service

@luxire I know things have been tough with the pandemic and the various lockdowns, but its frustrating to see someone who placed an order 6 weeks ago have an order out for delivery while my similar order is rapidly approaching 5 months...surely the backlog should be prioritizing those who placed orders first, correct?
I still have an order of 1 pair of pants and 1 shirt from 3/13 that I still haven't received and is listed as "unfulfilled" on the website. I've reached out twice and gotten generic backlog emails from customer service

@luxire I know things have been tough with the pandemic and the various lockdowns, but its frustrating to see someone who placed an order 6 weeks ago have an order out for delivery while my similar order is rapidly approaching 5 months...surely the backlog should be prioritizing those who placed orders first, correct?
I mean, I understand that the current state of the world threw a money wrench in a bunch of stuff, and that there are certain trade offs for the competitive prices that @luxire offers when it comes to delivery times

I’m just confused if there is a backlog or if things are back to normal? @SmoothLefty ’s experience indicates that things are back to norma, but mine indicates otherwise...

I’ve sent them an email and tagged them, so hopefully we get a satisfactory response on why similar orders are having drastically different production/delivery timelines
They have sometimes Responded to this. Orders don’t follow a straight line in terms of completion. Some need specific people or aditional steps thay may bottleneck the production.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Due to the Covid lockdowns, we were not allowed to operate for 2 months. The orders did get piled up. We have been working to bring things back on track and are seeing good progress.
Delays are detrimental to us equally. We want them back on track for smooth functioning.

To explain:
Your order goes through these 6 broad processes:
1. Ordersheet preparation
2. Fabric cut and prewash
3. Pattern making
4. Tailoring
5. QA
6. Dispatch

In the first and third process, we have no backlog.
In the second process of fabric, there is some delay in random orders*
In tailoring, there is some backlog due to govt mandated lower manpower
QA is fine, unless an alteration is needed as it goes back to tailoring.
Dispatch is fine.

In a way, almost all orders are in different stages of production. Some get through quicker than others. Though our prioritization is strictly to process "in the order they were received", the stress is on getting maximum items shipped.
We have also started a pilot process of "Work from home" for some tailors to ease the backlog.

*In the fabric team, the main supervisors used to commute from a distant location. After the Covid lockdown, public transport has not fully resumed. We learnt that we have organized the 6000+ rolls well enough to be not fully dependent on individual. That is an area we need improvement.

JoeBlack0

Reaction score
Due to the Covid lockdowns, we were not allowed to operate for 2 months. The orders did get piled up. We have been working to bring things back on track and are seeing good progress.
Delays are detrimental to us equally. We want them back on track for smooth functioning.

To explain:
Your order goes through these 6 broad processes:
1. Ordersheet preparation
2. Fabric cut and prewash
3. Pattern making
4. Tailoring
5. QA
6. Dispatch

In the first and third process, we have no backlog.
In the second process of fabric, there is some delay in random orders*
In tailoring, there is some backlog due to govt mandated lower manpower
QA is fine, unless an alteration is needed as it goes back to tailoring.
Dispatch is fine.

In a way, almost all orders are in different stages of production. Some get through quicker than others. Though our prioritization is strictly to process "in the order they were received", the stress is on getting maximum items shipped.
We have also started a pilot process of "Work from home" for some tailors to ease the backlog.

*In the fabric team, the main supervisors used to commute from a distant location. After the Covid lockdown, public transport has not fully resumed. We learnt that we have organized the 6000+ rolls well enough to be not fully dependent on individual. That is an area we need improvement.
thank you for the transparency.

JoeBlack0

Reaction score
Just got my shipping notice today, should have waited a few more days before whining 😆
Nice to hear... my order just needs to put on the buttons of the shirt but it’s been 3 weeks in that state. I swear if i don’t reveive the shipping notification this week I’m going to india and sew the buttons myself

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Nice to hear... my order just needs to put on the buttons of the shirt but it’s been 3 weeks in that state. I swear if i don’t reveive the shipping notification this week I’m going to india and sew the buttons myself
Have asked the tailoring team to put the task on told and focus on welcoming you with warm Indian hospitality :)

boot_owl

Reaction score
Has anybody ordered a denim jacket before? If so, pics? Was it done purely extrapolated from short measurements?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Update: I’m taking that flight
Please PM me your order number. In the interest of keeping you safe during this ongoing crisis, will try and get is shipped quickly.

Last edited:

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@luxire @LuxireStudio

can you recommend a good, basic navy polo fabric? Something that isn’t too thin. There are too many to pick from on the website.

Also, do you have any pictures of the Luca Avitabile Friday polo collar that you have on file?

norMD

Reaction score
@luxire @LuxireStudio

can you recommend a good, basic navy polo fabric? Something that isn’t too thin. There are too many to pick from on the website.

Also, do you have any pictures of the Luca Avitabile Friday polo collar that you have on file?
I have this and find it very good.

norMD

Reaction score
Thanks! That’s good enough for me. Wil probably go for that.

Did you change your measurements from your basic luxire shirt measurements for the polo? Also is that your order pictures?
Yes, i measured a short sleeve polo from another maker for shoulder, chest and waist measurments. There are some tips regarding the use of shirt measurments for polo/pique fabrics some where in this thread. I think you are supposed to reduce measurments with 3-5 % due to the stretch in polo fabrics. I think i kept collar and sleeve length unchanged, but I cant find that e-mail right now.

Edit: not my pictures. I went with a long lower collar.

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not to rock the boat here but I placed an order for an Oxford two weeks ago and got shipping notification today.

I think if your order is straightforward and your pattern is on file, things are moving quite quickly.

classicalthunde

Reaction score
Just got my shipping notice today, should have waited a few more days before whining 😆
Just wanted to update - received my items today and they are great! might need some fit tweaks on my pants, but thats probably due my measurements...I'll share in a few days once I have a change to iron them out!

FWIW, even with some inevitable delays, the value proposition of Luxire is pretty unmatched

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Face Masks: Pick Your Favorite (Choose 2)

• Disposable surgical mask

• White cotton mask

• Linen-lined mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of suiting fabric

• Patterned mask (checks, stripes, fun print, etc.)

• Solid color silk mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of tie fabric

• Sports mask made of synthetic fabric

• Denim mask

• Face shield

Results are only viewable after voting.