• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

JPHardy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@luxire

Has it been stated the current turn around for existing patterns? Shirts / Pants?

Contango

Reaction score
Part of the problem is also the lack of updates throughout the process - whether they’ve started production, whether they were out of your fabric and are waiting for it to arrive, whether it’s been finished and is waiting to ship etc.

SmoothLefty

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. Seven months is pretty staggering. I've bounced back and forth between Spier & Mackay and Luxire over the past four years. My last Luxire order was in 2017 and I received it in a reasonable timeframe (six weeks, I believe).

I'm always patient with MTM orders--all I ordered this time around was a single linen shirt--but seven months is wild. I'll look forward to wearing it in summer '21.

I hadn't heard of Collaro until you mentioned it. I'll check it out.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
On wait times:
-------------------
With Corona and working with reduced strength, we do have some backlog at this moment. We expect to be back on track in 4 weeks.

We did move recently to a facility 3 times bigger than our last one. We are now in a clothing district so hoping hiring to be easier.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire

Has it been stated the current turn around for existing patterns? Shirts / Pants?
We are still trying to come upto speed after restarting post lockdown.
At capacity, we have only about 20 days orders pending. Given the smaller team, 6-7 weeks seem to be our estimate at this moment for current orders.

stuessi

Reaction score
I still have may February trial pants and trial shirt order pending. Any idea how long it will take?

boot_owl

Reaction score
I still have may February trial pants and trial shirt order pending. Any idea how long it will take?
At capacity, we have only about 20 days orders pending. Given the smaller team, 6-7 weeks seem to be our estimate at this moment for current orders.

Camillo

Reaction score
Last edited:

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Any fabric suggestions for a formal white shirt (twill, maybe poplin but crease resistant and easy to iron)?
Was thinking about Brembana or Monti, e.g.:
https://luxire.com/products/brembana-2ply-bussiness-twill-white-fw13214?_pos=6&_sid=db86c1c09&_ss=r#/

Won't link any specific fabric from Monti because there are few options there and I cannot say the difference (@luxire , any suggestions?)
The Brembanas remain high on our list of recommendations for white and blue business shirts.
The Montis are a close second.

The one you chose above is really good.

Camillo

Reaction score
@luxire , thanks for your input. Is it a more finer twill weave like e.g. the oxford by Brembana?

My second question is - is this white twill I linked earlier in stock? I need a shirt asap and would like to give my order a priority.

Last edited:

LuxireStudio

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire , thanks for your input. Is it a more finer twill weave like e.g. the oxford by Brembana?

My second question is - is this white twill I linked earlier on stock? I need a shirt asap and would like to give my order a priority.
Yes, fine twill and ready available.

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Luxire what would be the approximate turnaround on a couple stock oxfords right now (warzone, classic blue)?

boot_owl

Reaction score
Luxire what would be the approximate turnaround on a couple stock oxfords right now (warzone, classic blue)?

Timmbo

Reaction score
My (first order) trousers ordered in March arrived this week.
interesting. My single shirt order (not my first shirt order) from February is yet to be dispatched. Not a problem for me at all, but thought I’d share in case anyone finds the information useful.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite summer fabric?

• Seersucker

• Fresco

• Linen

• Silk

Results are only viewable after voting.