• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a shirt made with shirring on the shoulders/back - but I don't particularly like it. I do like it on the cuffs however..

Is it hard to get rid of this? Would a tailor be able to do this?

SmoothLefty

Reaction score
In normal conditions it's around that time frame but now it's much more.

Anything more concrete than that? Are we talking three months?

Not that I'll be able to wear the new shirt out anywhere any time soon. Just curious.

JoeBlack0

Reaction score
Anything more concrete than that? Are we talking three months?

Not that I'll be able to wear the new shirt out anywhere any time soon. Just curious.
Don't know because I'm waiting for an order from 4-5 months ago. Yesterday received a response from the team stating that the order was in the finishing stages so hopefully I should receive it soon. Bear in mind they were closed for a month.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

JoeBlack0

Reaction score
I don't see the problem either, just order what you would wear the next summer ?

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That’s quite optimistic.

I never really got the urgency of clothing, especially when you are buying MTM. Who cares when you get it if you will have it forever and the fit is dialed in. As long as @luxire never subjects their quality, I will continue to wait as long as it takes.

Maybe order your spring and summer '21 stuff now.

-DL

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I never really got the urgency of clothing, especially when you are buying MTM. Who cares when you get it if you will have it forever and the fit is dialed in. As long as @luxire never subjects their quality, I will continue to wait as long as it takes.

Maybe order your spring and summer '21 stuff now.

-DL

This is a returning discussion. A lot of people are used to fast fashion and are unable to understand the wait. Personally I agree with you, but it has take some time to establish a wardrobe with basics that ensures that I have something to wear to most occasions/events. And now I can enjoy placing orders and wait for less basic stuff to arrive.

SmoothLefty

Reaction score
Don't know because I'm waiting for an order from 4-5 months ago. Yesterday received a response from the team stating that the order was in the finishing stages so hopefully I should receive it soon. Bear in mind they were closed for a month.

Wow. What item(s) did you order? Something more complicated such as a suit?

JPHardy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@luxire

Has it been stated the current turn around for existing patterns? Shirts / Pants?

Contango

Reaction score
Part of the problem is also the lack of updates throughout the process - whether they’ve started production, whether they were out of your fabric and are waiting for it to arrive, whether it’s been finished and is waiting to ship etc.

SmoothLefty

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. Seven months is pretty staggering. I've bounced back and forth between Spier & Mackay and Luxire over the past four years. My last Luxire order was in 2017 and I received it in a reasonable timeframe (six weeks, I believe).

I'm always patient with MTM orders--all I ordered this time around was a single linen shirt--but seven months is wild. I'll look forward to wearing it in summer '21.

I hadn't heard of Collaro until you mentioned it. I'll check it out.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
On wait times:
-------------------
With Corona and working with reduced strength, we do have some backlog at this moment. We expect to be back on track in 4 weeks.

We did move recently to a facility 3 times bigger than our last one. We are now in a clothing district so hoping hiring to be easier.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads