• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Too bad the shipping of swatches is on hold. Had to laugh about the reason tho.. :D
We have a stock of 6000+ rolls of fabric. Finding the right roll, moving it from the rack, taking it to the cutting station, cutting the swatch etc are all labor intensive tasks.
In India, due to the Corona lockdown, movement of people has been restricted. Some of our people who worked in the fabric department were not allowed to travel to Bangalore from their region.
As the department was understaffed, we were not shipping swatches.

Some of those team members are now back to work. So swatch shipments should start in the near future.

Contango

Reaction score
We have a stock of 6000+ rolls of fabric. Finding the right roll, moving it from the rack, taking it to the cutting station, cutting the swatch etc are all labor intensive tasks.
In India, due to the Corona lockdown, movement of people has been restricted. Some of our people who worked in the fabric department were not allowed to travel to Bangalore from their region.
As the department was understaffed, we were not shipping swatches.

Some of those team members are now back to work. So swatch shipments should start in the near future.
Does that mean that clothing orders that also included swatches have been delayed?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Does that mean that clothing orders that also included swatches have been delayed?
No. When ready, they are being shipped without the swatches.

SmoothLefty

Reaction score
How are the wait times on MTM shirts these days with COVID-19? I just placed my first order in a few years and was curious about what I can expect. Still 4-6 weeks?

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a shirt made with shirring on the shoulders/back - but I don't particularly like it. I do like it on the cuffs however..

Is it hard to get rid of this? Would a tailor be able to do this?

SmoothLefty

Reaction score
In normal conditions it's around that time frame but now it's much more.
Anything more concrete than that? Are we talking three months?

Not that I'll be able to wear the new shirt out anywhere any time soon. Just curious.

JoeBlack0

Reaction score
Anything more concrete than that? Are we talking three months?

Not that I'll be able to wear the new shirt out anywhere any time soon. Just curious.
Don't know because I'm waiting for an order from 4-5 months ago. Yesterday received a response from the team stating that the order was in the finishing stages so hopefully I should receive it soon. Bear in mind they were closed for a month.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

JoeBlack0

Reaction score
I don't see the problem either, just order what you would wear the next summer 🤣

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That’s quite optimistic.
I never really got the urgency of clothing, especially when you are buying MTM. Who cares when you get it if you will have it forever and the fit is dialed in. As long as @luxire never subjects their quality, I will continue to wait as long as it takes.

Maybe order your spring and summer '21 stuff now.

-DL

norMD

Reaction score
I never really got the urgency of clothing, especially when you are buying MTM. Who cares when you get it if you will have it forever and the fit is dialed in. As long as @luxire never subjects their quality, I will continue to wait as long as it takes.

Maybe order your spring and summer '21 stuff now.

-DL
This is a returning discussion. A lot of people are used to fast fashion and are unable to understand the wait. Personally I agree with you, but it has take some time to establish a wardrobe with basics that ensures that I have something to wear to most occasions/events. And now I can enjoy placing orders and wait for less basic stuff to arrive.

SmoothLefty

Reaction score
Don't know because I'm waiting for an order from 4-5 months ago. Yesterday received a response from the team stating that the order was in the finishing stages so hopefully I should receive it soon. Bear in mind they were closed for a month.
Wow. What item(s) did you order? Something more complicated such as a suit?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite summer fabric?

• Seersucker

• Fresco

• Linen

• Silk

Results are only viewable after voting.