• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

KKL81

Reaction score
So, Luxire just adviced me to send in body measurements along with pictures of me wearing my Luxire shirt as the starting point for making the jacket pattern. They said I should not send in some almost-fitting jacket that I have. Does @taxgenius advice still hold at this point?

What do I do?

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@KKL81 see if they will make you a trial jacket with fused construction using those measurements. Will be a good investment of time and money.

Megakurth

Reaction score
@KKL81 see if they will make you a trial jacket with fused construction using those measurements. Will be a good investment of time and money.
I agree with this. It will take a few tries to get it right.

I went through the trial jacket program with an in person fitting. While overall I’m happy, It took a number of back and forth and while I’ve ordered multiple jackets since, I have one jacket in India getting some work done to fix a collar issue.

Last edited:

KKL81

Reaction score
The jacket is my $300 black friday jacket, and I do plan on at least one trial fitting.

Ideally, my long-term plan is to order several suits, so I suppose this initial investment pays off if we can get it right. But I'm obviously hoping to get a wearable first jacket also.

Daraven

Reaction score
Any advice on how to best alter the shoulder with on Luxire shirts? I am quite happy with my pattern overall now but I feel I just need a touch broader shoulders for comfort. What's the best way to address this without messing to much with the rest of the pattern?

JoeBlack0

Reaction score
@luxire can you source fabric if given the code? If so, how much would it be a shirt in this Monti one CL04041.1535968/6RM?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire can you source fabric if given the code? If so, how much would it be a shirt in this Monti one CL04041.1535968/6RM?
Not available with our Monti supplier.
Will check for something similar in Albini / Canclini and update.

Lucas17

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Here's how my new Luxire purchase look. Good fit but still not perfect, do you have any idea to improve measurements?

I think there's probably too much fabric at the front hips, and I would like to clean up the wrinkles under the seat. I think this may come from front rise/back rise ratio but I'm don't know should I shortened or lenghtened back rise or something like this. The measurements for the rise are 31cm/45cm for this one.

IMG_20200606_213906312.jpg

IMG_20200606_213913366.jpg

IMG_20200606_213919768.jpg

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Too bad the shipping of swatches is on hold. Had to laugh about the reason tho.. :D
We have a stock of 6000+ rolls of fabric. Finding the right roll, moving it from the rack, taking it to the cutting station, cutting the swatch etc are all labor intensive tasks.
In India, due to the Corona lockdown, movement of people has been restricted. Some of our people who worked in the fabric department were not allowed to travel to Bangalore from their region.
As the department was understaffed, we were not shipping swatches.

Some of those team members are now back to work. So swatch shipments should start in the near future.

Contango

Reaction score
We have a stock of 6000+ rolls of fabric. Finding the right roll, moving it from the rack, taking it to the cutting station, cutting the swatch etc are all labor intensive tasks.
In India, due to the Corona lockdown, movement of people has been restricted. Some of our people who worked in the fabric department were not allowed to travel to Bangalore from their region.
As the department was understaffed, we were not shipping swatches.

Some of those team members are now back to work. So swatch shipments should start in the near future.
Does that mean that clothing orders that also included swatches have been delayed?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Does that mean that clothing orders that also included swatches have been delayed?
No. When ready, they are being shipped without the swatches.

SmoothLefty

Reaction score
How are the wait times on MTM shirts these days with COVID-19? I just placed my first order in a few years and was curious about what I can expect. Still 4-6 weeks?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads